Nugget Shooter Forums

Elelctrical interferance

Would coil type or size have to do with how well a machine copes with electrical interferance? I cant use my machine at home (deleon with 8x9 concentric) and wondering if it would do better with a DD coil and or a smaller coil. Its unusable at the house yet i can use both of my goldmasters, so go figure.

Would coil type or size have to do with how well a machine copes with electrical interferance? I cant use my machine at home (deleon with 8x9 concentric) and wondering if it would do better with a DD coil and or a smaller coil. Its unusable at the house yet i can use both of my goldmasters, so go figure.

Where is "at home" ?? Inside of a building ?? outside with highly mineralized ground ??

I believe most VLF's aren't affected very much by electrical interference.

You MAY have a problem with that detector, coil size could have a bearing possibly meaning a very large size coil would "see" more than a standard one.

A Deleon is a TESORO and they are in Prescott AZ. They have lifetime warranty, send or drop it off there and let them check it out for you. :twocents:

• 4 weeks later...

robbor,

Had a problem with my SuperLOBO & drove up to the factory, had them check it out.

Had a cut in the coil wire going up the shaft, which had let water into the coil which had made it eratic.....

Had to buy a new coil and I was back up and running.

Tesoro has great service.

wonderer