Nugget Shooter Forums

Interesting

Allen in MT

A friend of mine has been trying to sell his 4500 with extras on e-bay.

The 1st time the winning bid was $5300.00, no payment

2nd time winning bid was $8200.00, no payment was made

3rd time winning bid was $6200.00, again no payment

It is now listed again.

All of the winning bidders had zero feedbacks.

Makes one wonder just how many are actually being sold for the high price.

Allen in MT (nuggetless in AZ)

I've seen some crazy prices on EBAY for Minelabs, and I have no idea if people are really paying the coin for them or not. It's too bad about your friend though--tough break to get all revved up three times like that--how awful. I hope he finds a legit buyer this time.

All the best,

Lanny

Hey Allen, I had the same happen to me on ebay, I now have a solid contact on selling the 4500's . If you want I can contact my buddy and see what my contact will pay for a used 4500. I will need some pics, when he purchased it, ect... If interested, let me know. dave

A friend of mine has been trying to sell his 4500 with extras on e-bay.

The 1st time the winning bid was $5300.00, no payment

2nd time winning bid was $8200.00, no payment was made

3rd time winning bid was $6200.00, again no payment

It is now listed again.

All of the winning bidders had zero feedbacks.

Makes one wonder just how many are actually being sold for the high price.

Allen in MT (nuggetless in AZ)

I've seen some crazy prices on EBAY for Minelabs, and I have no idea if people are really paying the coin for them or not. It's too bad about your friend though--tough break to get all revved up three times like that--how awful. I hope he finds a legit buyer this time.

All the best,

Lanny

pay the coin? rewed up? booyah? they have some different lingo in canada, -chesterfields :)

pay the coin? rewed up? booyah? they have some different lingo in canada, -chesterfields :)

Ever heard of a Jockey Box, or a coulee? And it's revved up--with two V's! :D Yeah, we have some different lingo--that's what keeps us interesting--you never know what strange phrase we'll spout out next!

All the best,

Lanny

Ever heard of a Jockey Box, or a coulee? And it's revved up--with two V's! :D Yeah, we have some different lingo--that's what keeps us interesting--you never know what strange phrase we'll spout out next!

All the best,

Lanny

After some research, I guess a "jockey box" is a beer draft system of some variety, and "coulee" means to flow? I've known or worked with a few Canadians in my time, some from back east even had a funny way of pronouncing certain words like "house" and "out". I think you guys out west also do the alternate "sorry" pronunciation. Anyway, Canadians are pretty enjoyable people, seems they enjoy verbalizing more than some Americans, but maybe that's just my personal experience and it doesn't always hold true. "Revved up" ok, I've heard of that, misread that one. :inocent: For anyone that might not know, I believe a Chesterfield is a couch in Canada, named after a company that makes them.

After some research, I guess a "jockey box" is a beer draft system of some variety, and "coulee" means to flow? I've known or worked with a few Canadians in my time, some from back east even had a funny way of pronouncing certain words like "house" and "out". I think you guys out west also do the alternate "sorry" pronunciation. Anyway, Canadians are pretty enjoyable people, seems they enjoy verbalizing more than some Americans, but maybe that's just my personal experience and it doesn't always hold true. "Revved up" ok, I've heard of that, misread that one. :inocent: For anyone that might not know, I believe a Chesterfield is a couch in Canada, named after a company that makes them.

I think we're dangerously close to a hijack of this thread (a jockey box is a glove box, and a coulee is a shallow, prairie canyon, and yes there are some goofy pronunciations of sorry and out by some apparently disturbed Canadians--I'm not into the "Sawrry" pronunciation myself), so I'll continue to enjoy your comments and kudos and lighthearted banter, and let these fine people get back to hopefully selling their detector--sorry if I've allowed this thread to go astray.

All the best,

Lanny