Nugget Shooter Forums

Aloha have a ? for you all

To make sure it works as you want I would get a meteorite sample and see if the machine will read it.....my ace 250 will not read one....GMT or GOLDMASTER series is best in my opinion....

For me, I use a Gold Bug 2 for hunting meteorites and nuggets. I have used a GM 4 and found it not nearly as good. A Whites GM 3 comes the closest to being as good as a Gold Bug 2 for nugget hunging and meteorite hunting. They are both good detector brands.

Well I don't have 5-600 laying around right now to spend and was wondering if this was a decent enough device to go out with and have a little fun ... If I have to wait to get 800-1000 to spend on equipment I might end up waiting forever lol ... I will eventually buy a high end device just right now is not the time finacally... My three year old daughter ,day care ,mortgage ,is already alot and I have about 10,000 invested into another hobby that should be giving me some residuals soon....

To make sure it works as you want I would get a meteorite sample and see if the machine will read it.....my ace 250 will not read one....GMT or GOLDMASTER series is best in my opinion....

ok but im hoping the whites eagle II will ...anyone have a meteorite and a little gold nug to sell me lol so i can test...

Well I don't have 5-600 laying around right now to spend and was wondering if this was a decent enough device to go out with and have a little fun ... If I have to wait to get 800-1000 to spend on equipment I might end up waiting forever lol ... I will eventually buy a high end device just right now is not the time finacally... My three year old daughter ,day care ,mortgage ,is already allot and I have about 10,000 invested into another hobby that should be giving me some residuals soon....

I appreciate your situation and I know you are going to get to where you want to, eventually. However, I suggest read the forum daily, paying particular attention to the advice, others in similar situations as yours, are receiving.

In addition, read as many books on the subjects of prospecting and nugget shooting as you can afford. At the top of your literary list should be all publications by Jim Straight. Beyond Jim's books I'll Leave it up to suggestions by others. However, keep in mind, the knowledge you are looking for, is how to select the ground you are going to prospect, (metal detect), and how to metal detect with the equipment you have.

By now you should have the answers you are looking for. If you have read..read and practiced..practiced, you should be well on your way.

Remember one thing above all, it doesn't come easy.

Dean

Most everyone, starts with a lower price unit. I'm not familiar with the one you're talking about, but it'll get you out and get you started. As stated above, do your research, and find someone to hunt with, then you can compare the detector responses. $90? go for it! but if you stick with it, you'll probably find you'll upgrade sooner than later. One problem with the cheaper detectors is you may become discouraged with being in the just not the right area, hotrocks, no depth, too much digging, body can't handle it ect and it ends up in the closet. $90? It could be worse; you could spend $2000+ and find it's not your cup of tea and you'd be out more with no more satisfaction. Try it!

Shep

Oh I understand and appreciate everyones opinions and advice,I do read ,read ,read,read......and I am patiently waiting.I have read compared,researched and know I will be savin up for a while.I was just wondering if it was worth getting and it was but i was too late in buying it...it would have been a fun toy to play with even in my backyard and practice.I will be buying a few samples of nuggets,grains,flakes and meteroties to test with anyway....and be hunting around the pawn shops around here.......and savings my pennies