Nugget Shooter Forums

New TV Series " Meteorite Man "

The show starts January 20th at 9:00 PM on Direct TV :thumbsupanim

Hi John,

The Show is actually called "Meteorite Men" two guys not just one. They are my good friends Steve Arnold and Geoff Notkin (who happens to be a nuggetshooter forum member.) Myself (and Hopper) and also Sonny Clary will be in different episodes with the guys thanks to their invitaion.

It should be good!

Hi John,

The Show is actually called "Meteorite Men" two guys not just one. They are my good friends Steve Arnold and Geoff Notkin (who happens to be a nuggetshooter forum member.) Myself (and Hopper) and also Sonny Clary will be in different episodes with the guys thanks to their invitaion.

It should be good!

No Direct TV here.

No Dish Net here.

Hell, I'm lucky if I get any TV since they did the Digital Signal thing.

If the wind blows, Rain, Snow, I loose all signals.

What a hoot.

Looking for a outlet on the net that will cast it.

:*&$*(:

Houston . . . we have a series!

The Meteorite Men have completed location filming for six exciting new episodes

The world premiere is January 20, 2010 only on the Science Channel

Meteorite Men Official Wesite

• 2 weeks later...

Houston . . . we have a series!

The Meteorite Men have completed location filming for six exciting new episodes

The world premiere is January 20, 2010 only on the Science Channel

Meteorite Men Official Wesite

SET YOUR DVR's NOW! :thumbsupanim - Terry

Dear Friends and Colleauges:

Many thanks for your interest in the Meteorite Men series. The first episode has its world premiere tonight, January 20 at 9 pm e/p (check local listings, show times vary) on Science Channel and Science Channel HD. Five new episodes will air each Wednesday at the same time, with repeats scheduled at other times.

Showtimes are here: http://science.discovery.com/tv/meteorite-men/

And you can view the new trailer here:

http://science.discovery.com/videos/meteorite-men-meteorite-men-promo.html

My co-host, Steve Arnold and I, have devoted much of the last two years of our lives to the series, and we hope it will be enjoyed by our colleagues. If you'd like to learn more, please visit:

http://meteoritemen.com

http://www.facebook.com/meteoritemen

http://twitter.com/meteoritemen

Nugget Shooter forum member Ruben Garcia is a guest star on one episode, as are Sonny Clary and Twink Monrad -- all three brilliant meteorite hunters.

Thanks to our friends at Nugget Shooter for their interest and support!

Sincerely,

Geoff Notkin

Meteorite Men

mm-art.jpg

Geoff and Steve,

Looking forward to your premiere tonight! Friends and family are coming over to watch the show! We will also spend some time looking at meteorites, drinking cold beer and eating hot food. Gonna definitely make for some great memories! Can't wait. Thanks for the great Show!

Dean

I just checked my guide for cox cable...... the new Meteorite Men show will be on at 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm here in Las Vegas! Get to watch it twice!!!! :thumbsupanim

Hey guys ... that was a very entertaining yet informative show last night. I didn't really know much about meteorite hunting other than a few pieces I have read on the forums. Quite frankly I never had much interest in them ... but after seeing that show I think I will be a little more careful now of what I throw away. Those guys had a $10K night ... or should I say few days. Even a small piece is a great find. I might just have to play a little in the space place for a bit. Looking forward to the next show next Wednesday.

Mike F

Interesting stuff. Query: In putting this stuff out there for the general public to observe, any thoughts as to how you strike a balance between money, science and personal satisfaction?

I think that "balance," is struck by individuals, not the public at large. What is a meteorite - or gold nugget worth to you? Is it worth the cold or heat, bugs, dust, hurting kidneys from countless rock trails and bad roads, hunger, thirst? Sell it, donate it to science, keep it.. It is all a personal choice.

I think the show last night struck that balance, as one guy collects and the other guy treasure hunts for profit. Both are passionate about what they are doing, and both get a charge - other than money - from it. They both stressed the ethical and legal confines they work within as professionals. - Terry

Interesting stuff. Query: In putting this stuff out there for the general public to observe, any thoughts as to how you strike a balance between money, science and personal satisfaction?

Wow their gold basin rocks are 200-300 each on their website.... IM RICH.... :twocents: :twocents: and they only charge $25 for you to send them a rock and they will tell you if its a meteorite or not....

You type this like it's a bad thing Dave. Capitalism is what made this country great. :twocents: I don't have $300 for a space rock, so I go out and do the work of finding one myself. But, I have sold a few meteorites for as much as $15-per gram to rich clients that would rather just give me money – instead of getting dirty and sweaty themselves. God Bless Capitalism, and America! :thumbsupanim – Terry

Wow their gold basin rocks are 200-300 each on their website.... IM RICH.... :twocents: :twocents: and they only charge $25 for you to send them a rock and they will tell you if its a meteorite or not....

No Terry, by far from a bad thing, I think its a Great thing, I have a lot of these moon rocks from gold basin, my eyes popped out when I saw the prices I could get for those I could make a small fortune... :thumbsupanim

You type this like it's a bad thing Dave. Capitalism is what made this country great. :twocents: I don't have $300 for a space rock, so I go out and do the work of finding one myself. But, I have sold a few meteorites for as much as $15-per gram to rich clients that would rather just give me money – instead of getting dirty and sweaty themselves. God Bless Capitalism, and America! :thumbsupanim – Terry

My bad Dave! You tycoon you! Maybe I'll be sayin' I knew you before you became a millionaire! :thumbsupanim - Terry

No Terry, by far from a bad thing, I think its a Great thing, I have a lot of these moon rocks from gold basin, my eyes popped out when I saw the prices I could get for those I could make a small fortune... :thumbsupanim

Homefire,

I don't have a TV, so I can sympathize. I won't condone this in any way but I hear that some individuals are using torrent to download the show. They apparently search on Meteorite.Men.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-MOMENTUM.5286905.TPB.torrent

Hope that info is of help to you and stay warm and dry...

No Direct TV here.

No Dish Net here.

Hell, I'm lucky if I get any TV since they did the Digital Signal thing.

If the wind blows, Rain, Snow, I loose all signals.

What a hoot.

Looking for a outlet on the net that will cast it.

:*&$*(:

It's great to see Geoff on here! Yes, it's a great show.

If you guys come down for the gem show, Geoff is hosting parties at the Sky Bar every time a new episode airs. We view the show live on HDTV and he discusses the show and answers questions during commercials. So try to be here on a Wednesday - a fun time indeed!!!!!

Mark B.

Vail, AZ

o(:?-D

For those of you that know about my meteorite site, check out our Poll on the Meteorite Men. If you vote, you could win a T-shirt and hat! If you are not familiar with the site and want a look - just email me and I'll send you the URL: TerrySoloman@aol.com

I enjoy the show. Now don't take this the wrong way but I think they need to slow down and grid the area. Running about waving detectors 12" over the ground at fast speeds without overlap. You miss a lot of stuff. I just watched the hunt in S Arizona. You would think those steep hill sides would be a good place to look. Those hill sides would catch things flying in the air rather than down in the valleys. Work as a team guys covering a area rather that each of you doing your own thing. Grid and each of you cover your half then move on to the next. I've had all types of partners on hunts. Success was ours when hunting with a partner who would work a area with me.

As I said don't take that the wrong way. I'm sure a lot goes on behind the scenes of the show that we don't see. Keep up the hunt and I wish you luck.

I enjoy the show. Now don't take this the wrong way but I think they need to slow down and grid the area. Running about waving detectors 12" over the ground at fast speeds without overlap. You miss a lot of stuff. I just watched the hunt in S Arizona. You would think those steep hill sides would be a good place to look. Those hill sides would catch things flying in the air rather than down in the valleys. Work as a team guys covering a area rather that each of you doing your own thing. Grid and each of you cover your half then move on to the next. I've had all types of partners on hunts. Success was ours when hunting with a partner who would work a area with me.

As I said don't take that the wrong way. I'm sure a lot goes on behind the scenes of the show that we don't see. Keep up the hunt and I wish you luck.

Hi,

Geoff and Steve are great hunters - I know as I've hunted with them many times. Also, I have done several Meteorite related TV shows this year - including Meteorite Men, NOVA and BBC shows. Believe me when I say there is NO reality in a reality TV show. So, what you see makes good TV and Not neccessarily good hunting. Just keep that in mind when watching.............