Nugget Shooter Forums

Going down to Gold Basin

Aloha Rick,

Sorry but I only have tuesday thru thursdays off now. If anything I usually head out on a wednesday morning to do any hunting. if my schedule allows a hunt on any weekend i will get in touch. Good luck out there at GB and remember to go "low and sloooow".

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

Found my first Gold Basin Meteorite on Sunday!!! This was my 3rd trip to Gold Basin and after 2 hours and many hot rocks....I hit pay dirt. I found it just off Greg's Hideout Rd. just before the Lake Meade Recreation boundary. For those of you familiar with the area, it's the place with the capped well with the fence around it. This is a well hunted area, Mr-Meteorite filmed one of his videos less than 50 ft. from my find. It just goes to show, even in the well hunted areas, no one has covered 100% of the area! ;)

Embarrassed to say that I don't have a scale yet, so I will post a weight later. :arrowheadsmiley:

post-22670-126337113512_thumb.jpg

post-22670-126337114997_thumb.jpg

Found my first Gold Basin Meteorite on Sunday!!! This was my 3rd trip to Gold Basin and after 2 hours and many hot rocks....I hit pay dirt. I found it just off Greg's Hideout Rd. just before the Lake Meade Recreation boundary. For those of you familiar with the area, it's the place with the capped well with the fence around it. This is a well hunted area, Mr-Meteorite filmed one of his videos less than 50 ft. from my find. It just goes to show, even in the well hunted areas, no one has covered 100% of the area! ;)

Embarrassed to say that I don't have a scale yet, so I will post a weight later. :arrowheadsmiley:

Hello VegasRocker

Congrats on your first Gold Basin Specimen. :thumbsupanim Is this your first Meteorite find? Would sure like to see more pics with a little more detail. By the way make sure you buy a scale that will weigh more than 500grams. A few days after I purchased mine I found a larger stone and it was useless. Hope there are many more finds in your future. :D

Wayne

VegasRocker,

Congrats on your first Gold Basin meteorite! A beaut she is! How about a couple close up photos. I don't believe any well hunted fall is ever really hunted out. Just ask Ben and Erik! Once again congrats on a sweet G.B! Good hunting and good luck on your next adventure!

Dean

Aloha,

Excellent first find!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Only now everyone will be pounding that area for sure.mad0264[1].gif I would have made it out there BUT just dropped $1000 on work for my jeep. BUT now I intend on going out more once the weather turns better. Looks like the coming week we will be getting a TON of rain heading our way.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

BTW, I guess around 145+ grams on that one.twocents[1].gif Anyone else want to try guessing its weight?

VegasRocker, Fantastic first find!!! Yeah I had hunted right there too, the first time out, looks like a gave up too soon! Excellent!!! More to find before it's so hot you go crosseyed. Great find!!! See Ya, Clifton