Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin 13 hr 136g on the 1st

Hey All, Yah, I was out at Gold Basin on Friday, should have waited until Saturday and then I could have met up with Ruben, Jason, and Brayden, oh well. I got out to the Basin late morning on Friday, trying to shake off the skunk day from Monday's 8 hour of swinging and nothing. I went to areas where I found some some last Spring and hit it hard and nothing. So I went into the well pounded area and after a total 12 hours of searching for the week I finally found a 6 gram fragment. I was content with that, it was a great day for hunting, even had my jacket off for while. So with about an hour of light left I started swinging back to the car. About ten minutes after the sun went behind the hills I got a strong signal. Down about 5 inches a 136 grammer. :spinnin: By the time I got it washed off, and GPSed it was pretty dark so all the shots are with flash. The 136 grammer has some remnant fussion crust, here and there, so I took some close ups of it (well tryed to). I hope this means my little dry spell is behind me. See ya out there, Clifton

post-21761-126258242614_thumb.jpg

post-21761-126258244638_thumb.jpg

post-21761-126258249249_thumb.jpg

post-21761-126258253421_thumb.jpg

post-21761-126258255573_thumb.jpg

post-21761-126258260268_thumb.jpg

Excellent find Clifton,

And another reason not to quit swinging that coil until you get to your vehicle. That is if you have already checked around your vehicle!mad0264[1].gif

Been there and done that twice. Keep it up and hope to run into you out there one day.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Guys, Thanks for the Comments!!

Jason, actually had not heard the word potato to describe a meteorite like this one, it sure fits given how much clay is on them when they come out the damp ground.

Say Ruben, Thanks, I guess if I were more into football I'd been home on the 1 st, but I had to get out as soon as I could find a least one to recover from Monday's zip. I'm glad you put up the GPS coordinates it's going to help alot of new hunters on their first time out. When I first went out there all I had were general web maps and your videos, so I had two days of zip just trying to figure out about where to look. Now I have zip days, it's like I'm thirsty standing in a smimmin pool. Should of zigged when I zagged, I must be walking right by'em. See ya out there, Clifton