Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mightyb

Research Biologist Explains Mercury

OGM,

I also think your idea of a mining informational website is a great idea, and I would also contribute to help get it up, running and promoting it.

If this is pursued please post here as well, I could also get others to help as well.

Skip

I am with you guys, will contribute and help get out the link.

something like www.prospectorsrights.com

Spike

OMG and Au Seeker, I would be willing to build the website using Joomla Content Manangement for those that wish to provide content.

Easy as pie.

1. Choose domain name. and purchase. any suggestions for a name?

2. Install Joomla, template and create logins for those providing content. Takes about 1 hour.

3. Create Sections and Categories to organize content. Takes a few minutes.

4. Add Content, clip and paste, peice of cake.

5. Decide what content to add, this is the tough part.

MightyB

Domain name suggestions that are currently available.

smallscaleminer.com

prospectorsrights.com

suctiondredgefacts.com

suctiondredgingfacts.com

miningrights.net

Mightyb

Sean your analogy of the "Leave no Trace" type of groups is a good one. But I disagree with not at least trying. I am talking about things like setting up an informational website that covers the following items on the Prospectors side:

1. The Constitutionality of it.

2. The repercussions of a permanant ban on dredging to other outdoor activities, (even the Leave no Trace ones).

3. The extended/enhanced regulations that could be created for other outdoor groups, (even the Leave no Trace ones).

4. The dependency of everyone world wide on the metals used/found through all types of Prospecting including dredging.

Many other pieces of information could be contained on this website and the link to this can be sent out nation wide. A single member of a website such as face book can attract 100's of thousands even millions of members. (An example would be Sarah Palin).

There are so many things that can be done on the NON Legal side of the equation for the dredgers/prospectors that is not being done. My frustration is that everytime I have introduced a suggestion such as this, it is met with attacks and even to the point of forum members saying I am in favor of the ban. That can not be any further from the truth.

As a former member of law enforcement and also one that has managed campaigns for those that have had to run for a law enforcement position, I have seen what the "Power of the People" can bring to a cause. In todays age, with instantaneous communication, there is no reason to figuratively and literally scream out to the nation and the world, a cause that is just and tight.

Hell, I am a drywasher and a nugget shooter. Never dredged a day in my life. But I have researched and studied the issue, from all sides. Its a valid and an honorable fight. The dredgers should win, so we all can win as Americans. But no one wins a fight, without pulling everything out of the bag, to throw at the opposition. Especially when its a just cause.

WOW OGM.....WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!

I'm so glad you thought of it :grr01:

Whats that old saying about 1 ear and 2 mouths? :hahaha:

Gary, thanks for the link, the video was interesting, except CA just outlawed any kind of suction dredging so that stream side system won't be an option for CA rivers and streams until the ban is lifted.

Mightyb, you are correct regarding CA. I forgot to add this link to the post.....

http://www.streamsidesystems.com/Environmental/Projects/Eagle%20Island.pdf

What came to my mind is the influence that Trout Unlimited has as an environmental group and that they were involved in the passage of SB670. Up for debate is this…..which is better, the removal of the sediments (as with this device) or the redistribution of the hardpacked sediments (as with a suction dredge)?

In my opinion the suction dredge wins hands down for all the reasons discussed here regarding Mercury. If their device picked up Mercury where would it go, into the collected sediment, discharged with the water back into the stream or do they have a means of holding on to it, as is the case with a suction dredge?

The salmon / trout need soft sediment for spawning so again the suction dredge wins because it’s not removed it’s redistributed in a softer form to fall out as it will in the discharge plum of the suction dredge. One thing which isn’t clear about their device is the management of the discharge water contents!

I’ve been fighting this nonsense beginning with AB1032 and will continue to support the organizations fighting SB670.

One more link.....

http://www.sac-sierratu.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=199:sb-670-passes-state-senate&catid=34:legislation&Itemid=144

Gary

BTW, As to names for a website, I'll send a PM later today.

Domain name suggestions that are currently available.

smallscaleminer.com

prospectorsrights.com

suctiondredgefacts.com

suctiondredgingfacts.com

miningrights.net

Mightyb

A few thoughts

I thought about it and maybe

usprospectorsrights.com to identify, educate and highlight the federal mining laws,nationwide

and the fairness of enforcement and regulation of our federal laws and the efforts to subvert them.

OGM, please consider strongly being a major contributor of your great info,

I know it takes a great amount of time and effort to do such research,

but you efforts are greatly needed and appreciated.

SKIP, east coast issues need to be addressed, there is no reason we should not be able to prospect and dredge in the eastern national forest here, as most mineral rights there are settled I understand.

maybe we could bring new light to these issues.

This website could also bring educational true facts to all prospector issues in the US.

In the future maybe an advertiser or 2 would be interested as the number of hits builds.

Set up a non profit, operating fees paid, any extra funds going to legal issues and PLP.

Spike [======>

WOW OGM.....WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!

I'm so glad you thought of it :grr01:

Whats that old saying about 1 ear and 2 mouths? :hahaha:

All I said was I liked the idea. I did not say I thought it up........... :olddude:

How about starting a new thread to continue this idea?....... Pro mining website? ? ? ?

How about starting a new thread to continue this idea?....... Pro mining website? ? ? ?

LOL, I have so many mining things going on at the moment, I don't have time.

I had to take 2 chairs & some other big things out of my den.

So, I could make room for another large map table & a 4 teir lateral filing cabinet.

Man, this is like "working" again, after being retired 10 years........... :olddude:

I will start a new thread and move all posts from this thread pertaining to this idea to the new thread.

It will take a short time for me get all the posts moved, right now my wife is calling for me to do something for her, I will try to get it done by the end of the night.

Skip

I have started the new thread, but I'm not finding a way to move just singular post to the new thread, so I will copy and paste the posts to the new thread, until I can find a way if possible to move the posts to the new thread.

I will leave the posts here in this thread if they can't be move.

Skip

A few thoughts

I thought about it and maybe

usprospectorsrights.com to identify, educate and highlight the federal mining laws,nationwide

and the fairness of enforcement and regulation of our federal laws and the efforts to subvert them.

OGM, please consider strongly being a major contributor of your great info,

I know it takes a great amount of time and effort to do such research,

but you efforts are greatly needed and appreciated.

SKIP, east coast issues need to be addressed, there is no reason we should not be able to prospect and dredge in the eastern national forest here, as most mineral rights there are settled I understand.

maybe we could bring new light to these issues.

This website could also bring educational true facts to all prospector issues in the US.

In the future maybe an advertiser or 2 would be interested as the number of hits builds.

Set up a non profit, operating fees paid, any extra funds going to legal issues and PLP.

Spike [======>

Spike I also like that name alot. A 501c3 is interesting as well. If Mightyb and yourself would care to share more with me I can add some good input as well, just send me an email with your contact info. My info is in my forum 'signature'.

Gary

I have started the new thread, but I'm not finding a way to move just singular post to the new thread, so I will copy and paste the posts to the new thread, until I can find a way if possible to move the posts to the new thread.

I will leave the posts here in this thread if they can't be move.

Skip

Skip, if a post can be deleted and I don't mean that in a wrong way, there must be a way to restore it or "move" it without using the copy and paste method.....give Bill a ring on this and see what he says!

Gary

Skip, if a post can be deleted and I don't mean that in a wrong way, there must be a way to restore it or "move" it without using the copy and paste method.....give Bill a ring on this and see what he says!

Gary

Gary, I can move a post and or thread to another forum, but the moderating controls doesn't seem to have a control option to move a singular post to another thread, but I'm working on it to see if it is possible.

Skip

Gary, I can move a post and or thread to another forum, but the moderating controls doesn't seem to have a control option to move a singular post to another thread, but I'm working on it to see if it is possible.

Skip

Skip Thanks for the work you did no matter how you did it. I appreciate it, even if I am not allowed to participate in this thread. Thank you

Skip Thanks for the work you did no matter how you did it. I appreciate it, even if I am not allowed to participate in this thread. Thank you

HPS,

I refer to the above and respectfully ask, "how was your participation denied or not allowed in this thread".....Skip, is this the true case as stated by HPS???

Gary

I wanted to bring everyone back to the subject of this "thread" Mercury! I know each and everyone of you are fully capable of doing a Google search but I wanted to throw the door open a bit to the many arguements of what is being said about Mercury from both sides by supplying this Google link here.....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=YRp&ei=WONGS6XPEIGwsgOJ9N31Dw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAYQBSgA&q=mercury+and+suction+dredging&spell=1

I do so for the purpose of thought, based on emotion and fact. Individual or group circumstance / agenda is based on one of the two, emotion or fact.....emotion serves to provide evidence of harm and speculates, fact is a clear knowledge of the subject matter at hand using investigation and scientific interpretation!

Gary