Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Prospecting in Sudan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was flying in there for a three month hitch at a time during their civil war..it lasted

for years and millions of people were slaughtered...it's impossible for any American

to comprehend the suffering...poverty...lack of basic needs and the lawless element that

rules the country...it's far worse than a cess pool...90% aids...the military sells

relief supplies to the public...12 year old boys are drafted into the military..given

a pair of boots(their first ever) a AK47 and they'll kill you just for looking at them...

or not looking at them...I won't go into the bad part here...nuff said...

Guest bedrock bob

Pretty cool Terry. I bet that a whole lot of gold is taken out. With as much free labor as they seem to have you figure they are probably going hog wild over there.

is that where all the new Minelabs are going?

As many as they can get their hands on. I'm looking into maybe going back (was there for three-weeks in 1976). I have an old Army buddy that just came home with a 12.7-ounce solid from the Nubian desert in Sudan. I'm trying to get a picture. The story bhind the trip and the discovery is hair-raising. Maybe I'll be able to share it one day. - Terry

Pretty cool Terry. I bet that a whole lot of gold is taken out. With as much free labor as they seem to have you figure they are probably going hog wild over there.

is that where all the new Minelabs are going?

Guest bedrock bob

Those nasty Nubians...Why cant they behave! A 12 oz piece is a whopper for sure. I see all that flat land and those shaley diggings and I cant imagine gold in a place like that.

Well, I hope that they find enough gold to remedy all their problems. If you hear that they have more than they need just let me know. I bet I can learn to speak Nubian in no time!

I have a buddy that works for minelab in Las Vegas, he said this is part of the reason some people are paying

$8-10k on the minelab GPX4500.

hello every body whadup?..

well thanx for the link terry its right am nubian and now am gold diggin her at the nubian desert ..using the best technology ever GPS with dell laptop google eath and a nokia E90 has google and garmin GPX4500 ...life is goooooood in here and ppl gettin nuggets of 1 to 13 KGs in one nugget but they dont show it all ...for me we juz started and in less than half an hour i got more than 40gms of pure gold ..am attaching some of the pics in here...well about the war lol dont be fold by the media am lookin for a nice H2 hummer to help me in da field ...make money and have fun.... am glad to be here with yall ..

post-22803-126288114193_thumb.jpg

post-22803-126288127201_thumb.jpg

Well am so pleased to be here and share some info with yall….well I took a really long path just to get samples from all over the Nubian desert .. this place is really rich of good gold nuggets and here are the path coordinates ..

I live in Khartoum the capital but am originally from a city called Dongola “19.169400° 30.474389°” from there I went all the way to Absari “20.283370° 30.634662°” where I got my first nugget from approximately a 100 years old mine done by English at that time and if u zoom in using Google u can c more than 30 mine wells there. I used one of their very old rooms bullied by them as a camp for 2 days and u can c it in Google. It was fun..but I had to leave to continue my discovering stage.. I’ll be going there again soon cuz in 10 days I can easily get at least from 1-2.5 Kgs of gold no kidding ..

I headed east after that to the middle of the Nubian desert and I got some nuggets which am posting today from a place called No.6 ” 20.784226° 32.396795° “ the name came from the old train station there “ 20.750450° 32.546704° ” …

From there I went back through Abu hamed “19.535865° 33.323604°” then to Atbara “17.765652° 33.996654°” heading Merowe “18.458496° 31.806568°” and from there to dongola again “19.169400° 30.474389°”..

All these lands are full of gold and by the way Nubia means the Land of Gold…hope u will enjoy my journey in Google earth ..

Tell me if u notice something in Google and u want me to check it… :grin:

post-22803-12629673979_thumb.jpg

i'll be so glad if u visit us here and its not that hard anyway...and i'll be so happy helpin any one wannna come here at anytime ...

i'll post reports as soon as i make em ready from time to time... :D

A serious question, Who provides security for Americans traveling in that part of the world?

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_934.html

a serious answer we have 1000s of Americans all over the country ... and security will be provided by the sudanese people them self they will never let anything happen to their guests what ever it takes and they show the best kinda hospitality u will never find any any part of the world ....am talking about they north part of sudan...its the biggest country in africa so me my self i never go to the west side of the country which its not safe for sudanese like me too...cuz even the mentality of the people there is not like the north side.....we have ppl in the north from all over the world come to c sudan ...some things they come here for is pyramids we have more than 200 which its more than egypt but its kinda small read about Kush and u will know what am talkin about....the problem with this country is the media ... ppl alwayz get a big shock when they come here ... they heard about like hell and they come and c it more like heaven ...check arab websites like Aljazeera and c videos pictures and facts about sudan... :D

HPS...read you own link above and particularly #7....most Americans think that the

American embassy's and consulates can provide protection but that's far from the

truth...they will provide you with phone numbers to Doctors...hospitals...attorneys...

but very little else....and you'll be bound by local laws and customs...even worse

for an American...

There are several tour companies that cater mostly to Brits, taking them from Wadi Halfi in northern Sudan, to Khartoum, but I imagine you would have to hire government soldiers - much the same as cops get doubletime to work special details. You would need a minimum of three - in my opinion. - Terry

A serious question, Who provides security for Americans traveling in that part of the world?

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_934.html

no no no terry European and Americans come from wadi halfa to khartoum in their own cars bikes and bicycles alone and some with their family and kids ... u can find some latest videos on youtube ..no need for cops to protect no body.