Nugget Shooter Forums

Last Franconian rock for 2009

Aloha guys,

Well took off for Franconia yesterday and met Jason out at the new Loves truck stop for a quick breakfast before heading out to the Franconia strewn field for one last time this year. Beautiful weather, although a little chilly at first for this Hawaiian. After a couple of hours of hunting with no success I headed to one of my old spots that have proved fruitful in the past. Well after twenty minutes I finally got a nice signal that at first sounded like a .50 cal bullet BUT I always dig any good signal "Just in Case". sure enough, down about 5 inches I came across this nice 100.8 gram beauty. After washing it down and giving it a good scrub with my old toothbrush it showed some really nice markings. Take a look and let me know what you think! Are those flow lines?

I know Jason was very successful also but I will let him show his beauties, and they are some beauties!!!!

Great hunting with you Jason. Maybe we can get together out at Gold Basin one day soon.

Aloha and have a Hauoli Makahiki Hou!

Stan aka Kaimi

post-1619-126220036815_thumb.jpg

post-1619-126220038238_thumb.jpg

Nice goin Stan, the 2nd pic almost looks GOLDEN must be the lighting cause if it were GOLD EN you'd be jumpin an a hollering at 100+ grams.

Wish I could get out before years end but too busy with other stuff thanks for posting, nice find fer sure.

Aloha guys,

Well took off for Franconia yesterday and met Jason out at the new Loves truck stop for a quick breakfast before heading out to the Franconia strewn field for one last time this year. Beautiful weather, although a little chilly at first for this Hawaiian. After a couple of hours of hunting with no success I headed to one of my old spots that have proved fruitful in the past. Well after twenty minutes I finally got a nice signal that at first sounded like a .50 cal bullet BUT I always dig any good signal "Just in Case". sure enough, down about 5 inches I came across this nice 100.8 gram beauty. After washing it down and giving it a good scrub with my old toothbrush it showed some really nice markings. Take a look and let me know what you think! Are those flow lines?

I know Jason was very successful also but I will let him show his beauties, and they are some beauties!!!!

Great hunting with you Jason. Maybe we can get together out at Gold Basin one day soon.

Aloha and have a Hauoli Makahiki Hou!

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan

Great work I was hoping to get down too Gold Basin on Fri.I tried to get hold of you the other night, give me a call

Rick

Kaimi;

they look like flow lines to me...is there a 'lip" on the back side?

very nice, I am envious!!!

Fred

Aloha Fred,

Funny that you should mention it, but yes there is a lip on the other side now that I have taken a better and longer look at it. The bottom part looks like a high altitude break as it also is partial covered with a fusion crust. It is highly magnetic and almost jumps to the magnet like an iron.

Just cant stop peering at it thru my loupe and each time I do I find another little spot that shows something different about it.

Aloha and Hauoli Makahiki Hou!

Stan aka Ka'imi

Kaimi;

they look like flow lines to me...is there a 'lip" on the back side?

very nice, I am envious!!!

Fred

Aloha Fred,

Yes, there is a lip on the back but I didnt see it at first as part of it is broken off. The more I peer thru it with my loupe more details keep on popping out. If you think this one is nice wait till you see Jasons. You will need a bib to stop you from drooling all over your keyboard.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Stan, Way nice Franconia! It does seem to have flow lines. It has really nice character. Beautiful! Great way to close out the year. - I got me and my slippy dippy trannie out to Gold Basin on Monday, bit cold-windy-cloudy, 8 hours honest swinging and zip. A good day though. Apparently my only propose was to feed a raven down there a half of a smushy cheese sandwich. I may go later this week, but I'm still trying to get over the darn Dam that caught me on the way back to Vegas - 2.5 hours wait with no new finds to ogle. Maybe I'll see you down there. Clifton

Aloha Clifton,

Another reason I havn't been out to Gold Basin in awhile, even tho it is closer than Franconia. The drive back to Vegas has been nothing but a nightmare

the last couple of times. Can hardly wait for the new overpass to get done.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Hi Stan,

That's a pretty piece of cosmic candy. Yeah, I know. I always dig the fifties too, cause they're not always fifties. Great looking stone, and well worth the dig-time. Thanks for posting the pics Stan.

Congrats, Ben

Wow, a lot of character in that one Stan, congratulations! The last of 2009... I wonder if anybody made it out today to find the first in 2010... I'll try to get up there with you again sometime (maybe with Nate). And I'll try to keep up with the forum.

Happy, productive hunting in 2010!!

Mark