Nugget Shooter Forums

No dredging, lower taxes?

Steel Pan

I haven't seen or heard of this issue being brought up. :unsure:

Since dredging on my claim is banned, thus reducing the amount of values to be produced, should the claim's appraisal for tax purposes be reduced? :shrug:

Take just a 2" dredge and put it up against a garden trowel, which one is going to have the greater volume of production? Gee, that's a tough one... :hahaha:

I would think a reduction of the assessed value to be as much as 50% to 75%. :hmmmmm: That's fair, right? :blink:

I am writing up an appeal to the county for a re-assemsment. Nothin to loose! ;)

I haven't seen or heard of this issue being brought up. :unsure:

Since dredging on my claim is banned, thus reducing the amount of values to be produced, should the claim's appraisal for tax purposes be reduced? :shrug:

Take just a 2" dredge and put it up against a garden trowel, which one is going to have the greater volume of production? Gee, that's a tough one... :hahaha:

I would think a reduction of the assessed value to be as much as 50% to 75%. :hmmmmm: That's fair, right? :blink:

I am writing up an appeal to the county for a re-assemsment. Nothin to loose! ;)

Well, if you define the difference in volume between panning and dredging for 1 years time, I would say it would be more that 75%. I would file for the higher end to see what you get. Its a really good idea and I was wondering if you shared this with the other dredgers? Like OGM's post about getting the dredging permit fee's back, everyone should be doing it as a united front yes?

Yes I agree that this is a good idea, and right thing to do.

I have several friends here on the east coast that have claims in California and they have already requested a reassessment for their claims due to SB670, I don't know what the outcome if any of their request is at this time, I will check and see if they have gotten an answer.

Skip

Yes I agree that this is a good idea, and right thing to do.

I have several friends here on the east coast that have claims in California and they have already requested a reassessment for their claims due to SB670, I don't know what the outcome if any of their request is at this time, I will check and see if they have gotten an answer.

Skip

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one requesting re-assessment.

It's all about numbers, in the end.

I've already got the work done with the local Assessors offices in Shasta and Trinity counties. Our claims are not worth squat as the only real economicaly viable method of mining anymore(no NOI/POO/Bonds?reclaimation blah blah blah) is of coarse DREDGING. Hence you've lost at least 75% of your value AND if Forest Circus with new closure plans=100% useless now too due to no access, no camping and of coarse no dredging too.. :aw-shucks: John