Nugget Shooter Forums

Aloha from 702 aka silver state

Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Eric and live in Vegas moved here form Hawaii last year.Looking to get into another hobby.My dad recently bought Minelab X-Terra 705 and has sparked some interest in doing some md'ing...just reading up and researching the boards and what not.

maybe next year I can buy a nice expensive MD.Right now have to much invested in my other hobby.Captive bred reptiles.I collect and breed Ball pythons,and chameleons.So here looking foward to this years breeding season.

Anyways saw a few other people here from vegas and wanted to say Aloha and hi and hope to learn from ya'll..........

Aloha Phunkyone...welcome to the forum and to Nevada...My name is Guido and I am in Las Vegas and like to detect around Gold Basin a two hour drive from Vegas and if you like one day I can take you out there to show how the game is played. There are many here that have a lot of experience and knowledge and would be happy to share what the know. This is a rewarding hobby if you have time, patience, perseverance and persistence. I will be going out about three times this week alone. Guido

Aloha Gudio... Thanks for the invite! .. I would love to go check it out .... Where in LV are you located... And for a two hour drive I'm sure it's a all day event... I'm off Christmas day and Christmas eve this week .... As for time and patience... It as much as the wife and daughter allow.... Will mostly go out sat and sun mornings... But will be off dec24-jan4

I was also reading rules/laws at parks..anywhere else suggested to go I'm located in the sw .. Thanks again

I am Central Vegas...Yes its a all day event, and in the winter its even shorter due to shorter sunsets. So you are only availible this coming weekend for now? I maybe in Arizona this coming weekend Wickenburg AZ. I plan to go out tomorrow and Wednesday for now, if not I will let you know. As for Parks dont care for them much. They dont like metal detector in National Parks, Wilderness, Preserves, Reservations or people having fun in general. Guido

Hey guys, my name is Landon and I am a vegas local also.. If you'll want to make it a threesome sometime, count me in. Ive been on the forums a few months now taking in as much info as possible tryin to learn the ropes. Theres alot of great people on here. I currently have a whites gmt, and get out as much as i can. I was scouting the Johhny area a couple days ago, and plan on hitting gold basin in the next couple of days. Ive yet to come up with any gold out there but im die hard at it and will continue searching, plus the meteorites keep it exciting. Eric, since your into reptiles, you would have probably been as shocked as i was to find a Gopher snake in december on a 45 degree day. It might have been on the edge of its den, but i didnt have a flashlight. i did get some good pics though. I never thought id see that. Anyhow, Im becoming more and more passionate with this hobby and it would be great to have some fellow Metal dectorists to get out with. Feel free to shoot me an email if either of you wanna hook up.

Happy Holidays!

Landon

landonmclaughlin@yahoo.com

landonmclaughlin@gmail.com

Hey Lvfireman..Guido here I will be out at Gold Basin tomorrow. Tuesday is projected to rain and I will most likely go out again Wednesday...So if you and or Eric want to meet let me know! If you can go out tomorrow let me know asap! Guido...

hey thanks I would love to go but I have to work these next few days as I am forced to take off from the 24-4.....I really appreciate the offer.If anyone is going out on these days let me know,so I can get a baby sitter.It's hard to have a hobby with a wife and three year old.I hardly get to see my wife because we work opposite schedueles so every chance we get to spend together we usually do.....and What more can I say bout my rugrat...she's daddy's girl.I just cant wait till she gets older and will be able to go out with me.SHe already helps me with all my reptiles!....Once I can save up and get a quad im sure they will some along that way they can stay busy!Been hard too just moving here....and getting settled in.......any way nuff bout my sad story.LOL Im looking foward to meeting you guys soon and going out on a excursion! Mahalo nui loa! Thanks very much!

You guys can reach me at

ewestfall@gmail.com

as it is easier sometimes for me to check email then the boards...........

Im caught up the next couple of days, but ill be off work starting 8am the 29th until jan the 3rd if you guys wanna shoot for something within that time.. although the 31st will be a major party day and night and the 1st a major recovery.. if th 29th, 30th, 2nd or 3rd works for either of you, im in.

Happy holidays

Landon

landonmclaughlin@yahoo.com

Aloha guys,

Aloha Eric and all you guys from Hawaii. Good to see a lot of Hawaiians here in Vegas finally! I also have a GMT and would love to get out with any other GMT users. I have been meteorite hunting both Gold Basin and Franconia for a couple of years now (you can check my old posts for pics) and would love to show you guys that the Aloha Spirit is still with me.

Unfortunately my days off now are Tuesday thru thursday, unless I call in sick.rolleye0012[1].gif Keep on checking the meteorite forum section for other guys who hunt out at these two places. Gold may be fun BUT meteorites are even more exciting when you can locate one. After all, they did come from outer space!jaw-dropping[1].gif

Mele Kalikimaka and a Hauoli Makahiki Hou!

Aloha and be safe this holiday season.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey I know your gonna dog me but what do you guys think of the Garrett ace 250.. For a beginer ???? I heard mixed reviews but saw some good vies from crackbadger... Also with a bigger coil???? I can't afford much right now with the holidays and all

Aloha Guido,

Nice finds there guy. Keep up the good work.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

The ACE 250 is agreat for coins but not for meteorites, it goes right over them....I use mine for coins but a GMT is a GREAT for both gold and meteorites , does pretty good on lead and trash too.. :rasberry:

Hi everyone, I'm from Henderson and would like to join you sometime at Gold Basin. I have a Gold Bug and my son has a Gold Master. We were out to Gold Basin for the first time in November, without any luck. Since then, I have purchased a fragment of a Gold Basin meteorite so that we can better tune our detectors for the next trip. lvfireman, the Jan. dates sound feasible for me, as I will be in Calif. from Dec. 24 - 30 for the holidays. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Dale

mtnrocker@hotmail.com

The ACE 250 is agreat for coins but not for meteorites, it goes right over them....I use mine for coins but a GMT is a GREAT for both gold and meteorites , does pretty good on lead and trash too.. :rasberry:

I respect you opinion on meteorites.......but as for gold I will keep my hopes up http://www.kellycodetectors.com/Finds/garrett/garrett_b_ace250.htm

but in the mean time do you have any other suggestions for another reasonably priced MD GMT and gold bug are what im hearing is the way to go for gold nuggets and meteorites..........any specific coil im going to go look on some websites thanks!

So cool how such a simple topic by eric brought all of us vegas guys out of the woodwork. I'm excited to get out.. the more the marrier, I'm looking foward to meeting you all. If we wanna set a date, jan 2 looks like it meets most of our availabilities. Its a sat.. guido, if you wanna make a run before then I could prob do the 29th also.. ofcourse anyone else is welcome as well. Ill continue to check this forum but any of you feel free to give me a call or shoot me a txt.

Stan, I took my dad to osceola.. we had such a blast he bought his own detector the next week.. so were in your same boat. Also, were hitting up ely nv for the ice fishing derby jan 15th-17th for some fishing and really just an all out party the whole weekend.. its a blast every year..plus well be detecting the lower ocseola area which has unbelievable potential but a large area.. anyone is welcome to join.. 10 plus guys already..

Take care everyone

Landon

Hey Eric.. also check out desert outfitters on sirius ave. Just east of valley view. I purchased my gmt from kellycode but had I known about desert outfitters I would have bought there.. just a suggestion. They were very helpful and they know a lot about our area. They offer great maps aswell.

been researching more........so many laws to keep Md'ers to not detect .only surface in parks,cant remove anything over 100 years old,no ghosttowns,no national parks,almost everything here is a national park.........guess thats why everyone goes state lines......any suggestions?

i probaby wont buy untill tax return time or later.....unless I have a good breeding season with my snakes,unless i sell a few of my breeders....i need at least 500-100 to get a decent detector for searching the deresrt.A lot of restricing laws here on deectingI might go there tomorrow on the way home......while christmas shopping.............anyone got a old detector that i can buy a gold bug or gmt?