Nugget Shooter Forums
Terry Soloman

Best Posts / Quotes of the Year

This is the time of year a lot of lists are made. I started thinking about all of the posts I've had the privilege of reading this year that were informational; funny; argumentative; opinionated; and always – honest. Like most folks here, I read a lot more than I post, but I always keep little tidbits of info that appeal to me.

My favorite post this year appeared during a very spirited debate on gold prospector’s rights. It is my favorite for several reasons. One reason this post sticks out in my mind is I believe it’s absolutely true. The message is insightful, concise and unmistakable. Perhaps the deciding factor for me was the author of the post. This is a man with decades of gold prospecting experience and success. The poster is a man who I respect professionally, and agree with - most of the time.

"As far as the Forest Service is concerned, there is one thing you can count on...

If you follow their rules and don't fight them, it only makes it easier for them

to make more rules! And they will." - Russ Ford

:whoope:

What was your favorite, and why? - Terry

:tisk-tisk: come on 2012-John :inocent:

In my signature I have a qoute from Bedrock bob. It's my favorite.

Guest bedrock bob

In my signature I have a qoute from Bedrock bob. It's my favorite.

My favorite post was the one that you just made! That is very flattering. Thank you! It is wonderful to be recognized for a writer to be recognized for something that he has written.

I hope you catch a great big flathead on a pole with a live perch that nearly drags you in. Down there in that hot flat Colorado river country.

Bob

Well it's not a nuggetshooter related quote.

I walked into the Chief's office and he had a new quote painted on his office wall. WE'LL BE THERE. I looked at him and asked, "what the hell is that"? That's our new motto. What happened to PROTECT AND SERVE I asked. He told me shut the F up, that's it. I go outside and it's all over the Police cars. I'm unhappy. Right then I get a nutball call. The woman was very unhappy with my response to her issue. She looked at me and said,"what happened to PROTECT AND SERVE"? I looked at her and with a smile on my face told here that was our motto yesterday. Today it's "WE'LL BE THERE" and I'm HERE! I was happy! :thumbsupanim

LMAO - ROTFL - PIMP!!!! :yuk-yuk: Terry

Well it's not a nuggetshooter related quote.

I walked into the Chief's office and he had a new quote painted on his office wall. WE WILL BE THERE. I looked at him and asked, "what the hell is that"? That's our new motto. What happened to PROTECT AND SERVE I asked. He told me shut the F up, that's it. I go outside and it's all over the Police cars. I'm unhappy. Right then I get a nutball call. The woman was very unhappy with my response to her issue. She looked at me and said,"what happened to PROTECT AND SERVE"? I looked at her and with a smile on my face told here that was our motto yesterday. Today it's "WE WILL BE THERE" and I'm HERE! I was happy! :thumbsupanim