Nugget Shooter Forums

Pinpointers

SGTFDA

One of the guy's asked about pinpointers. Also asked about using a regular detector as a pinpointer when using a super large coil on a Minelab. Posting 2 photos. A vibraprobe and a Troy Shadow X5 on a short rod with a small coil. I can convert the Troy back to a regular unit in seconds.

post-384-12604810158_thumb.jpg

Would you use these on a bench to go over rock samples? I have never used a pinpointer before. Thanks! - Terry

One of the guy's asked about pinpointers. Also asked about using a regular detector as a pinpointer when using a super large coil on a Minelab. Posting 2 photos. A vibraprobe and a Troy Shadow X5 on a short rod with a small coil. I can convert the Troy back to a regular unit in seconds.

Terry

No. I use those on those BIG and deep holes.It's hard with a 25" coil to pinpoint down in the BIG hole. For samples use a Falcon MD 10 or 20. You can take a Falcon and go over a bag of paydirt and pick up how many bits of gold are inside.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that. Cheers! - Terry

Terry

No. I use those on those BIG and deep holes.It's hard with a 25" coil to pinpoint down in the BIG hole. For samples use a Falcon MD 10 or 20. You can take a Falcon and go over a bag of paydirt and pick up how many bits of gold are inside.

Frank, when I first got my minelab(after coin hunting w/ probe), I thought I needed a probe for gold also. Doc has a 1" probe which works. I have used it when I use the 20" in deep holes; but it's a pita to shut off and switch coils, but it works. Don't remember what it cost???? and probably better than the handhelds.

Shep

My Whites GMT works great for a pinpointer and I really like the discrimination. :thumbsupanim Of course I have to walk back to the Jeep to get it but thats ok because I usually end up grabbing the shovel when diging holes that deep anyway. :yuk-yuk:

Shep

I'm digging those holes looking for something a lot bigger than a nugget. I'm looking for 50, 50 lb gold bars. So I need a bigger pinpointer :rolleyes: Now when I'm out in AZ I'll need to change my setup a little.