Nugget Shooter Forums

Great meteorite outing

The outing put together in memory of Jim Smaller went good as far as I'm concerned. The evenings were a little cool, but the days were great hunting weather. The potluck we had a moment of silence for Jim and then some great goodies and I think everyone had there fill. There were 17 people for the pot-luck.

There were some nice meteorites found with 3 that will push the 800 to 900+ gram limit and some in the 300 to 450 gram range. I was able to put some names to the faces and had a good time. All I found was a very small iron, but I enjoyed it and had a great time.

Jim was thrilled as his 1st big hunt with a nice like new White's Gold Master V-Sat detector scored his very 1st meteorite that should push the upper limit of the big ones found & should be 800+ grams. Thanks everyone for a good time and I hope to see you in the field again.

Allen in MT-AZ

Great meeting you an the wife Allen, I enjoyed the weekend at the campsite and spending time with some of the folks from the forum, but the part about that SKUNK that kept following me from my last trip to gold basin I didn't like.

Oh well maybe next time out will do it.

Yes, it was a fitting way to celebrate Jim Smaller. I met new folks, re-met others and enjoyed the Outing.

Jim aka Bones asked me to post some pic for him....the irony of anyone asking for my help on a computer, ho ho ho...

Jim is avery interesting fella, his life experiences are amazing.

post-378-126023308049_thumb.jpg

post-378-126023311917_thumb.jpg

post-378-126023314035_thumb.jpg

post-378-126023321776_thumb.jpg

Aloha everyone,

Had a great time as usual out at Franconia. Jims meteorite is a honker for sure.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Now everything he finds is just frosting on the cake. UNLESS, oh well I dont even want to think of him finding a bigger one. At least not this year!angry-smiley-032[1].gif Nice going Jim, now go out there and find its soul mate.

Mark found a very nice specimen within 15 minutes of us hitting an area I have hunted a couple of months ago and walked away with some pieces not even close to the size he nabbed. Good job buddy, now lets see some pics of it before you decide to clean it up.

I was so lucky this time around: no meteorites BUT on sunday I ran into another "iron patch" like one I ran into a couple of years ago and after bending over and picking up 31 little irons within 90 minutes of finding the first one. Oh, dont worry I will definitely go back and continue along that ridge until I run out of either irons or space to walk on.

Had a great time and the food was excellent. Just want to say a big MAHALO to everyone who showed up.

MELE KALIKIMAKA AND A HAUOLI MAKAHIKI HOU!

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey guys had a lot of fun, the food was great and the company was even better. Fred your Chilli Verde was excellent, thanks for cooking it up. Man there was some whopper meteorites recovered this outing, congrats to all that found them!

Del

Hi all, the outing at Franconia was awesome.... The food was great the comradery was great. The hunting was great. It's a joy to be with good folks. :thumbsupanim

I'll be heading out again in the Spring time. B)

Thanks Fred for loading the photo's for me. One of these day's I'll figure out this computer and be able to load smaller photo's.... :bang:

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe and best of a New Year... :D

Hey, I'm not a cherry anymore. :ROFL: That 678 gram beauty did the trick :inocent:

jim "bones" :rolleyes:

wOwZA! What a find! it has the same shape as my 623 gram stone... twins...

That's a nice patch Stan, considering how much that area had been gone over. I would think you could get close to 4 an hour but 30!!

happy hunting

[Erik]

Looks like there was a great bunch of folks at Jim Smaller's sent off meet. Way sorry I missed it. It would have been great to visit, and even if I didn't find anything, would have been wonderful to see Estile's, Harry's and Maureen's, Mark's, and Jim Bones' 500+ grammers come in fresh from the Earth. Jim Bones' 678g find is just absolutely gorgeous!! and great screen saver photos!! See Ya, Clifton

wOwZA! What a find! it has the same shape as my 623 gram stone... twins...

That's a nice patch Stan, considering how much that area had been gone over. I would think you could get close to 4 an hour but 30!!

happy hunting

[Erik]

Aloha Erik,

At first I thought I would just end up with a handful but they just kept on coming. It was a spot that had no footprints or digholds so I know no one hunted this ridge. I marked it and will definitely go back to double check. They were small but they were there! My back still aches when I think about them.banged.gif

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi