Nugget Shooter Forums

Those former Seals were there on a mission to find and destroy many of the missing shoulder launched ground to air missiles lost/stolen during the revolt. They may be retired Seals, but have never given up the mission.......RIP

• Like 1
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please take a few moments to watch this extraordinary video of one man, > > placing one flag every mile across the US for every one of our > > military who gave their lives serving this

SIX BOYS & 13 HANDS   

0930 here so it's 0530 CST and I haven't found any mention on the Internet of Pearl Harbor Day. Being PC doesn't erase it from my memory. Thanks to all who gave all and those that survived that terr

Posted Images

Prayer needed

We are asking everyone to say a prayer for "Darkhorse" 3rd Battalion 5th Marines and their families. They are fighting it out in Afghanistan & they have lost 12 marines in 4 days.

IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE the message spread if more people could pass it on Nothing has been in the media about these guys because no one seems to care.

They are: Justin Allen, 23; Brett Linley, 29; Matthew Weikert, 29; Justus Bartett, 27; Dave Santos, 21; Chase Stanley, 21; Jesse Reed, 26; Matthew Johnson, 21; Zachary Fisher, 24; Brandon King, 23; Christopher Goeke, 23; Sheldon Tate, 27. All are Marines that gave their lives for YOU this week.

Please Honor THEM by forwarding this. I just did

They have it........

X2

Doing a little research on this and this prayer request has been going since around 2010 when this Battalion was sent to Afghanistan and suffered the big losses, but I;m sure they still need all of our prayers as they seem to be still there!!

I also found that this Battalion has a Facebook page!!

http://www.facebook.com/3rdBattalion5thMarines?v=wall

Those former Seals were there on a mission to find and destroy many of the missing shoulder launched ground to air missiles lost/stolen during the revolt. They may be retired Seals, but have never given up the mission.......RIP

More of the SEALs story.....

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1852874995001/

• 2 weeks later...

Subject:
What is Going On?

More than 1,000 American soldiers have lost their lives in
Afghanistan in the last 27 months. This is more than the combined total of the nine years before.

Thirty have died in August. During the last month, over 50 additional NATO and
US servicemen have been murdered, inside jobs by those who are hired to be a force for good in
Afghanistan.

The commander in chief is AWOL. Not a peep, although he ordered the White House flag flown at half staff for the Sikhs that were killed. There is a deep disgust, a fury, growing in the ranks of the military against the indifferent incompetence of this president.

It has taken on a dangerous tone. No one knows what to do about him, but the anger runs deep as the deaths continue with no strategic end in sight to the idiocy of this war.

Obama has had 4 years to end this futile insanity, during which time he has vacationed, golfed, campaigned, and generally ignored the plight of our men and women in uniform.

But, there is now a movement afoot in the armed services to launch a massive get out the vote drive against this president.

Not just current active duty types, but the National Guard, Reserves, the retired, and all other prior service members. This is no small special interest group, but many millions of veterans who can have an enormous impact on the outcome of the November election if they all respond.

The million military retirees in
Florida alone could mean an overwhelming victory in that state if they all show up at the polls. It might not keep another one hundred U.S. troops from dying between now and November, but a turn out to vote by the military against this heart breaking lack of leadership can make a powerful statement that hastens a change to the indifference of this shallow little man who just lets our soldiers die.

Veterans: Please forward to your lists. High Priority!

Neil Armstrong's burial at sea:

The Navy did it the right way for one of their own, who became one of our own as well. A quiet man who let his actions speak for what he believed in.

post-300-0-93840200-1349452954_thumb.jpg

June Hoffman, sister of the late Neil Armstrong and Armstrong's sons, Eric "Rick" Armstrong, center, and Mark Armstrong look out from the USS Philippine Sea (CG 58) as it departs Mayport, Fla. for the burial at sea service for Armstrong, Friday, Sept. 14, 2012.

post-300-0-39288800-1349453092_thumb.jpg

Neil Armstrong Buried at Sea

Members of the US Navy ceremonial guard hold an American flag over the cremains of Neil Armstrong, Apollo 11 commander and the first person to walk on the moon, during a burial at sea service aboard the USS Philippine Sea (CG 58), Friday, Sept. 14, 2012, in the Atlantic Ocean.

post-300-0-86897800-1349453175_thumb.jpg

Family Flag

US Navy Captain Steve Shinego, commanding officer of the USS Philippine Sea (CG 58), presents the US flag to Carol Armstrong following the burial at sea service for her husband.

post-300-0-97447200-1349453260_thumb.jpg

US Navy Lieutenant Commander Paul Nagy, USS Philippine Sea, and Carol Armstrong, wife of Neil Armstrong, commit the cremains of Neil Armstrong to sea during a burial at sea service.

post-300-0-70265600-1349453330_thumb.jpg

US Navy Captain Steve Shinego, commanding officer of the USS Philippine Sea (CG 58), comforts Carol Armstrong, wife of Neil Armstrong, after she committed Armstrong's cremains to sea.

post-300-0-48788200-1349453415_thumb.jpg

Neil Armstrong Burial at Sea: Taps

Chief Musician for the United States Navy Band, Gunnar Bruning, plays taps during the burial at sea

• 3 weeks later...

Can this administration ever get their facts right. The two Navy Seals were 1/2 mile away and were there to locate the stolen equipment not part of the Security Detail for the compound. You can google " Navy Seals were not part of the security detail "and hear see a video by Obama on this subject.

Subject:

Boldly Into The Breach

This is remarkable for it's inspiration as well as for the fact, the administration reported it incorrectly! This is the true story of the heroes who lost their lives in Libyan raid.

post-300-0-36571600-1350916477_thumb.jpg

President Obama implied, in his Weekly Address that Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods were part of Ambassador Christopher Steven’s security detail:

Glen and Tyrone had each served America as Navy SEALs for many years, before continuing their service providing security for our diplomats in Libya. They died as they lived their lives — defending their fellow Americans, and advancing the values that all of us hold dear.

-President Obama (Weekly address)

Yes, they were both former Navy Seals, but neither Tyrone nor Glen were part of the Ambassador’s official security detail.

No. The truth is: they heard the attack, they heard the gunfire, and despite the danger to themselves they rushed into the breach taking weapons from the frightened Libyan security officials to help protect the American Consulate, Ambassador Stevens and his embassy aide Sean Smith.

Both Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were under no obligation to assist, protect or defend Stevens. They could have bugged out,they didn’t….. They ran into the breach. It was, and is, an important enough distinction such that two U.S. officials quickly wanted to tell the truth. They told the Guardian:

[...] they feared the Obama administration’s scant description of the episode left a misimpression that the two ex-Navy SEALs might have been responsible for the ambassador’s personal safety or become separated from him.

“Woods and Doherty weren’t part of the detail, nor were they personally responsible for the ambassador’s security, but they stepped into the breach when the attacks occurred and their actions saved others lives — and they shouldn’t be lumped in with the security detail,” …..

According to what scant actual information is available the former seal team members, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, appear to have been in Libya because they were contracted by another intelligence office, probably the CIA, to track down the missing surface-to-air missiles from the initial rebel uprising.

During the Gadaffi overthrow massive stockpiles of Libyan weapons including MANPADS and other surface to air missiles were looted from the military storage facilities. Estimates put the number of missing missiles around 20,000.

It appears Doherty and Woods were in Libya to track down those weapons. As a consequence of their visit they were crashed at an annex to the US consulate grounds using it as a safe place to meet, coordinate, and evaluate their ongoing intel. Their location was approximately a half mile from the main consulate compound area.

They were inside an annex building when the main consulate complex came under attack from the Libyan al-Qaeda terrorists. They heard the distant shots and responded to a call for help from the compound itself. Both Woods and Doherty evaluated the assassination attempt, and immediately took up arms to defend Ambassador Stevens.

Their heroism is incredible when you consider what they were facing. Doherty and Woods reached the main compound of the Consulate and evacuated approximately 20 employees. Unfortunately, Ambassador Steven’s aide Sean Smith was already dead when they arrived. Woods and Doherty fought through the firefight, and took the consulate employees back to the annex building where again they came under another wave of attacks.

Between the initial firefight at the Main Consulate, and at the annex building, for over two hours they were able to fight back against approximately 200 al-Qaeda terrorists, who pre-planned and coordinated the attack to occur in two stages.

The second wave of attacks at the annex brought even more firepower upon them. Yet they held their position providing time for the 20 consulate employees to be rescued. In total for over two hours they held off upwards of 200 attackers, under heavy fire from RPGs, mortars, and at least one 23mm Anti Aircraft gun firing on their position(s) around the consulate grounds and the annex building.

post-300-0-25982500-1350916590_thumb.jpgpost-300-0-48029200-1350916618_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-12691600-1350916642_thumb.jpg

The heroism of Doherty and Woods MUST surface. They deserve it.

These guys died while defending US interests because they were brave patriots who put country ahead of self and not because they were required to as part of any security detail.

We will not let their courage be hidden or diminished. I promise to do all I can to keep their story in the spotlight and provide their family the full measure of appreciation for their bravery.

They deserve it.

We will not forget, and will keep fighting for the recognition they deserve.

post-300-0-30142000-1350916703_thumb.jpg

Brandon Webb is a former Navy SEAL, author of a memoir, “The Red Circle,” and editor-in-chief of SOFREP (Special Operations Forces Report). He served with his best friend, Glen Doherty, at SEAL Team 3, where they were sniper students together. They had just completed a book together, “Navy SEAL Sniper,” which is due out in January. He Penned this farewell to his friend:

post-300-0-02263300-1350916861_thumb.jpg

Glen,

I still can’t believe you punched out early on me, but glad to hear from the guys that you fought like a hero–no surprise there.

You should know, your efforts resulted in the rescue of over 20 Department of State personnel. They are alive today because of yours and Ty’s heroic action.

I know you hate funerals as much as I do but, the service in Winchester was humbling and inspiring. The people of Boston are amazing. I had to choke back the tears as me and the boys rolled through town, and thousands of people lined the streets to honor a hero and our friend and teammate. Seeing American citizens united around a hero, if only for a brief moment, restored my faith in humanity and that there’s other things more important in life than killing each other.

Your family is and was amazing. Their poise, patience and the dignity they displayed was incredible to witness. Your mom, Barbara, stood by stoically for hours to ensure she greeted everyone who came to pay their respects. She was an inspiration to everyone who watched. Seeing your dad, his sadness and how proud he was of you, made me give him a big hug, and reminded me to work harder at patching things up with my own father.

Greg delivered one of the best talks I’ve ever heard under the most difficult of situations. What an amazing brother; I hope to get to know him better. His speech made me reflect on my own life choices and how important our relationship with friends and family are. I’m going to work harder at embracing my friends and family the way you always did.

Katie gave such an awesome toast at the wake with all the Bub lessons to live by, I smirked secretly to myself knowing that I’ve heard them all before and will never forget. “Drive it like it’s stolen!” and “Kids don’t need store-bought toys, get them outdoors!” and all the rest.

Your nephews are amazing and so well-behaved. Great parents of course. F.Y.I., I told them I’d take them flying when they come out west. They were beaming when I described all the crazy flying adventures me and their uncle went on. I told them how you and I would fly with my own kids and take turns letting them sit on our laps to get a few minutes at the controls. I’ll do it up right and let them each have a go at the controls.

Sean has been steadfast in his support role and has handled everything thrown at him. Helping him this last week really showed me why he was such a close friend of yours. He’s solid, and I look forward to his friendship for years to come. You chose well having him execute your will, he’s solid.

We are all dedicated, as you explicitly indicated to us all, to throw you the biggest eff-ing party we can, and to celebrate your life as well as our own. Done deal; Sean and I are on it.

Most of SEAL Team 3 GOLF platoon showed up in Boston . It was great to see how guys like Tommy B. just made stuff happen, no matter what was needed. Things just got handled like men of action handle them, no questions asked and no instructions needed — just get it done in true SEAL fashion.

One by one the Tridents were firmly pounded into to the mahogany as the guys paid their respect. Mike and I handed the plank to your mom, choked back tears, and kissed her on the cheek. We both told her how much you’ll be missed by us all.

Afterwards, the Team Guys, Elf, Steve, Sean and others tipped a few back in your honor. In good Irish fashion we drank whiskey from Sean’s “What Jesus Wouldn’t Do” flask, hugged each other like brothers and said goodbye, each in our own way.

We are planning the yearly surf trip to Baja in your memory. We share Steve Jobs’s philosophy on religion and tolerance, but if you can arrange it, please talk to whomever and fire up a good south swell for me and the boys.

My kids will miss their Uncle Glen. I told them it’s O.K. to cry (we all had a good one together) and to be sad but not for too long. You wouldn’t want that. They will grow older, and like the rest of us, and be better human beings for having known you.

You definitely lived up to the words of Hunter S. Thompson:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a ride!”

When I skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke myself I’ll expect to see your smiling face handing me a cold beer.

See you on the other side, brother. You are missed by many.

-B.W.

post-300-0-50395100-1350916924_thumb.jpg

Don ... Truly important information about the two Seals and what they really did ... I knew there was a story behind the news! I just passed this on to a bunch of guys on my email list ... all of whom are ex military and looking to get the Charlatan-in-Chief out of office. Novemeber 6 can't come soon enough. Obama needs to go and the sooner the better!

Mike F

• Like 1

The Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi targeted more than just a State Department consulate. One of the buildings hit was a covert CIA installation, U.S. officials told Fox News.

The now-abandoned American consulate in Benghazi was set a little more than a mile away from the CIA base. Up to this point, that separate base was described by administration officials only as a "safe house" or "annex" to the nearby consulate. In reality, CIA agents and other intelligence officials were operating out of Benghazi conducting delicate missions, including the search for over 20,000 deadly shoulder-fired missiles previously owned by Muammar Qaddafi's Libyan forces.

The work they conducted to seize those deadly weapons, known as MANPADS, was part of a broader and public effort by the State Department to secure them. The major concern is those weapons could be used to bring down a commercial jet.

These officials added that the number of CIA operatives in Benghazi clearly outnumbered that of the diplomatic staff. It took two military cargo aircraft to lift everyone out of Benghazi when the fighting was over.

Both the CIA outpost and the consulate were attacked on Sept. 11. Two of the men killed, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, were hit by indirect fire while defending the intelligence post, not the consulate.

One witness told Fox News that Doherty and Woods were found on the roof of the intelligence base manning a single machine gun that was caked in blood, suggesting they continued firing after they were hit by a mortar round approximately seven hours after the attack began.

U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and information analyst Sean Smith were also killed in the attack hours earlier at the consulate.

In general, U.S. officials also say the consulate is better described as a diplomatic mission. It didn't carry out all the traditional roles of a consulate, such as issuing visas.

Revelations concerning just how sensitive operations were in Benghazi began to trickle out during the House oversight committee hearing two weeks ago with witnesses Charlene Lamb, a State Department official who heads diplomatic security, and Ambassador Patrick Kennedy, undersecretary for management at State. As part of their testimony, the two presented a map of Benghazi that clearly labeled and located the so-called annex. Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, and committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., both called a point of order, complaining that the map included information they were specifically instructed not to talk about.

More broadly, the heavy presence of intelligence operatives on the ground in Benghazi would suggest that facts about the attack would have been readily available. But the intelligence community has been criticized for failing to provide accurate information. Most notably, U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice has been accused of misleading the American public after she went on network television five days afterwards and claimed the attacks were spontaneous and motivated by an anti-Islam film.

Administration officials say Rice was speaking from the latest intelligence assessments, and weeks after her remarks Vice President Biden suggested the intelligence community was to blame for getting it wrong. "As they learned more facts about exactly what happened, they changed their assessment," Biden said during a recent vice presidential debate.

But now U.S. officials and the State Department seem to be hedging once again, saying the initial intelligence has yet to be proven wrong. On Friday, U.S. officials told Fox News "there is still intelligence suggesting this was an opportunistic act with limited preplanning, perhaps only over the course of a few hours." Meanwhile, State Department officials also told Fox News they haven't ruled out the film as a motivating factor.

In addition, press reports from Benghazi cite interviews with people in Libya who said the attackers suggested shortly after the attack that they "did it in retaliation for the video."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/22/cia-installation-hit-in-libya-terror-attack/#ixzz2A4hlXTES

• 2 weeks later...

WOW......... Don, I don;t know where you keep getting these tear jerkers, but keep'm coming

• 4 weeks later...

Rare and Unseen Pics: After Pearl Harbor

Exactly 71 years ago today, Japan launched more than 350 fighters, bombers, and torpedo planes against the U.S. naval base in Hawaii — a "date which will live in infamy," in the words of President Franklin Roosevelt. In fact, that Sunday morning is so seared into America's memory that the tumult of the weeks and months afterward is often overlooked. Here, on the 71st anniversary of Pearl Harbor, LIFE.com presents rare and unpublished photos from Hawaii and the mainland, chronicling a nation's answer to an unprecedented act of war. More unseen photos of Pearl Harbor.

post-300-0-95396500-1354894510_thumb.jpg"U.S. aircraft rose at once to repel the Japanese attack," LIFE wrote in December 1941, overstating the efficacy of the American response to the assault. In fact, more than 2,400 Americans (including scores of civilians) were killed in the attack; hundreds of U.S. aircraft were destroyed. In contrast, fewer than 70 Japanese were killed. The American response to the massive, sudden attack was unquestionably stalwart; but there's also little question that, in terms of sheer losses, America endured a hellish blow.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/us/2012/12/07/after-pearl-harbor/#slide=10#ixzz2ENffky8k

US special operations team member killed rescuing doctor from Afghanistan

Published December 10, 2012

Associated Press

WASHINGTON – A member of a U.S. special operations team was killed during a weekend rescue mission in Afghanistan that freed an American doctor abducted by the Taliban outside of Kabul five days ago.

President Barack Obama praised the special forces on Sunday, saying the mission was characteristic of U.S. troops' "extraordinary courage, skill and patriotism."

A spokesman for U.S. forces in Afghanistan said Dr. Dilip Joseph of Colorado Springs, Colorado, was rescued early Sunday, local time, in eastern Afghanistan. Joseph, a medical adviser for Colorado Springs-based Morning Star Development, was rescued after intelligence showed he was in imminent danger of injury or possible death, according to the U.S. military.

The U.S. did not immediately identify the special forces soldier killed in the mission.

"He gave his life for his fellow Americans, and he and his teammates remind us once more of the selfless service that allows our nation to stay strong, safe and free," Obama said in a statement.

In a separate statement Sunday, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said, "In this fallen hero, and all of our special operators, Americans see the highest ideals of citizenship, sacrifice and service upheld."

Morning Star, a relief group that helps rebuild communities in Afghanistan, said in a statement that Joseph was uninjured and would probably return home in a few days. The group also said two of his co-workers were freed by their captors about 11 hours before the rescue, after hours of negotiations were conducted over three days.

Morning Star said the three workers were abducted by a group of armed men while returning from a visit to one of the organization's rural medical clinics in eastern Kabul province. The group said the three workers were taken into mountains about 50 miles (80 kilometers) from the Pakistan border,

The relief group said it would not reveal the identity of the other two men because they live and work in the region. The group said it did not pay ransom to obtain their release.

Morning Star praised those who helped get their workers back unharmed, singling out "courageous members of the U.S. military who successfully rescued Mr. Joseph as they risked their own lives doing so."

The group also offered thanks to local Afghan elders "who made visits and appeals to the captors advocating for the release of the hostages."

Joseph was captured by Taliban insurgents on Wednesday in the Sarobi district of Kabul province.

The rescue operation was ordered after intelligence showed that the doctor was in imminent danger of injury or possible death, according to a statement by the U.S.-led military coalition.

"This was a combined operation of U.S. and Afghan forces," said 1st Lt. Joseph Alonso, a spokesman for U.S. forces in Afghanistan. "Information was collected through multiple intelligence sources, which allowed Afghan and coalition forces to identify the location of Joseph and the criminals responsible for his captivity."

Gen. John Allen, the top commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, said the joint force planned, rehearsed and successfully conducted the operation.

"Thanks to them, Dr. Joseph will soon be rejoining his family and loved ones," Allen said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/10/us-special-operations-team-member-killed-rescuing-doctor-from-afghanistan/?test=latestnews#ixzz2EehIlLTO

UPDATE: post-300-0-39346900-1355151324_thumb.jpg

• Dr. Dilip Joseph (Morning Star Development)

Fox News confirms that a member of a the U.S. Navy SEAL Team Six -- the same special ops group used for the raid on Usama bin Laden's compound -- was killed during a weekend rescue mission in Afghanistan that freed an American doctor abducted by the Taliban outside of Kabul five days ago.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/10/us-special-operations-team-member-killed-rescuing-doctor-from-afghanistan/#ixzz2Ef2qOsq6

SEAL hero named:

A U.S. official has identified to Fox News the member of the Navy SEAL Team Six -- the same special ops group used for the raid on Usama bin Laden's compound -- that was killed during a weekend rescue mission in Afghanistan that freed an American doctor abducted by the Taliban outside of Kabul five days ago.

Petty Officer 1st Class Nicolas D. Checque, 28, of Monroeville, Pa., died of combat related injuries suffered Dec. 8, while supporting operations near Kabul, Afghanistan. Checque was stationed in Virginia Beach where he was assigned to a Naval Special Warfare unit.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/10/us-special-operations-team-member-killed-rescuing-doctor-from-afghanistan/#ixzz2Eh87yY1w

• 2 weeks later...