Nugget Shooter Forums

post-300-0-14134200-1327693264_thumb.jpg

God bless Marine LCPL Carpenter and his family!

I have to say, to me, this is the most touching, heart wrenching, meaningful photo I have seen.

Meet Landon. His father, Marine LCPL Carpenter, gave his life defending our country in Afghanistan earlier this year, a month before his son was born.

Baby Landon's Mom wants his story to be known. Take a moment to share this photo with your friends and reflect on the price of freedom.

I said a prayer for Landon, his Dad, and especially for his Mom. If that doesn't tear your heart out and bring it home for you, nothing will. Thank you Gar!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please take a few moments to watch this extraordinary video of one man, > > placing one flag every mile across the US for every one of our > > military who gave their lives serving this

SIX BOYS & 13 HANDS   

0930 here so it's 0530 CST and I haven't found any mention on the Internet of Pearl Harbor Day. Being PC doesn't erase it from my memory. Thanks to all who gave all and those that survived that terr

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Army identifies remains of last missing soldier in Iraq

The U.S military says it has identified the remains of the last American service member unaccounted for in Iraq.

Staff Sgt. Ahmed Kousay al-Taie was an Army interpreter who was born in Iraq and lived in Ann Arbor, Mich. He was kidnapped at gunpoint in October 2006 when he sneaked off base on a motorcycle to visit his Iraqi wife in central Baghdad.

The Army issued a statement Sunday saying that the military's mortuary in Dover, Del., had positively identified a set of remains as belonging to al-Taie.

Army officials said they had no further details on the circumstances surrounding his death or the discovery of his remains.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/26/army-identifies-remains-last-missing-soldier-in-iraq/?test=latestnews#ixzz1nWtx3kTD

WITH REGRET

America idolized and memorialized Whitney Houston, and stuffed her down our throats for a week on all the networks concerning her known substance abuse and tumultuous life with singer Bobby Brown. She was a drug addict and an alcoholic. Plain and simple. .

Charlie Sheen is 45 and his story is all over the news because he is a Substance abuser, an adulterer, sexually promiscuous and obnoxious.

Lindsay Lohan is 24 and her story is all over the news because she is accelebrity drug addict and thief. These people are hardly role models for our kids!

Something as frivolous as Kim Kardashian's stupid wedding [and Short-lived marriage] was shoved down our throats like they count for

something,

WHILE........

Justin Allen 23

Brett Linley 29

Matthew Weikert 29

Justus Bartett 27

Dave Santos 21

Jesse Reed 26

Matthew Johnson 21

Zachary Fisher 24

Brandon King 23

And Sheldon Tate 27...

Are all Marines who gave their lives last month for us. There is no Media for them; not even a mention of their names.

Our news media is pathetic in their selection of worthy news.

People who buy this smut are pathetic. Why is gossip, rumor and hard times so much better to read about than wholesome stories of good times?

Young Men who came from Canada and America seeking a chance to better themselves and to serve their county. Very sad.

Please Honor THEM....

Rodd...........

WITH REGRET

America idolized and memorialized Whitney Houston, and stuffed her down our throats for a week on all the networks concerning her known substance abuse and tumultuous life with singer Bobby Brown. She was a drug addict and an alcoholic. Plain and simple. .

Charlie Sheen is 45 and his story is all over the news because he is a Substance abuser, an adulterer, sexually promiscuous and obnoxious.

Lindsay Lohan is 24 and her story is all over the news because she is accelebrity drug addict and thief. These people are hardly role models for our kids!

Something as frivolous as Kim Kardashian's stupid wedding [and Short-lived marriage] was shoved down our throats like they count for

something,

WHILE........

Justin Allen 23

Brett Linley 29

Matthew Weikert 29

Justus Bartett 27

Dave Santos 21

Jesse Reed 26

Matthew Johnson 21

Zachary Fisher 24

Brandon King 23

And Sheldon Tate 27...

Are all Marines who gave their lives last month for us. There is no Media for them; not even a mention of their names.

Our news media is pathetic in their selection of worthy news.

People who buy this smut are pathetic. Why is gossip, rumor and hard times so much better to read about than wholesome stories of good times?

Young Men who came from Canada and America seeking a chance to better themselves and to serve their county. Very sad.

Please Honor THEM....

Rodd...........

:goodpost:

WWII veteran who fought to fly flag at Virginia home dies at 92

A World War II Medal of Honor winner who made headlines for his fight to fly an American flag in his Virginia front yard, has died. Retired Army Col. Van Thomas Barfoot was 92.

Barfoot gained national attention and even support from the White House in 2009 when he fought to keep his 21-foot flagpole at his Henrico County home after the homeowners association ordered it removed and threatened to sue him.

The association later backed off, but Barfoot's fight led to a state law making it tougher for homeowners associations to restrict the flying of the U.S. flag.

Jim Barfoot told WWBT-TV that his father died Friday after suffering injuries from a fall earlier in the week.

Bliley's Funeral Home in Richmond said the funeral would be private.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/04/wwii-veteran-who-fought-to-fly-flag-at-virginia-home-dies-at-2/?test=latestnews#ixzz1oC0sqwWE

• 2 weeks later...

Army sergeant who gave life to save Afghan child being flown home for burial

post-300-0-55277000-1333062503_thumb.jpg

An Army sergeant and father of three from Rhode Island who gave his life to save an Afghan child from being run over by a 16-ton armored fighting vehicle is being flown back to the U.S. and will be buried Monday.

Sgt. Dennis Weichel, 29, died in Afghanistan last week after he dashed into the path of an armored fighting vehicle to scoop up the little girl, who had darted back into the roadway to pick up shell casings, according to the Army. Weichel, a Rhode Island National Guardsman, was riding in the convoy in Laghman Province in eastern Afghanistan when he jumped out to save the girl, who was unhurt.

• Dennis%20Weichel%201.JPG
    This image, obtained from WPRI.com, shows 29-year-old Sgt. Dennis Weichel.

• Dennis%20Weichel%202.JPG

Related Stories

uReport: Honor the troops by sharing your photos of loved ones in the military

“He would have done it for anybody,” Staff Sgt. Ronald Corbett, who deployed with Weichel to Iraq in 2005, said in a quote posted on the U.S. Army website. “That was the way he was. He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He was that type of guy.”

The child was one of several who were collecting the casings, which can be sold and recycled in Afghanistan. Weichel and other soldiers in the convoy got out of their vehicles to shoo the kids from danger as the heavy trucks bore down. But the girl ran back onto the road as a MRAP, or Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle, approached. Weichel swung the girl to safety but was run over and later died from his injuries at Jalalabad Medical Treatment Facility, according to a press release from the Rhode Island National Guard.

Weichel, who had been a member of the Rhode Island National Guard since 2001, had arrived in Afghanistan a few weeks ago. He was a member of C Company, 1st Battalion, 143 Infantry. Weichel was previously deployed to Iraq in 2005 as a member of 3/172 Det 2 Mountain Infantry.

Weichel, who lived in Providence and was engaged to be married, leaves his parents, fiancee and three young children. His body is scheduled to be flown to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware on Saturday. Weichel will be buried in Rhode Island Veterans Cemetery in Exeter.

“Tragically, Spc. Weichel has made the supreme sacrifice and at this time, we are mindful of the impact of that sacrifice on his family and friends," said Maj. Gen. Kevin McBride, adjutant general of the Rhode Island National Guard, in a written statement. "We leave no Soldier behind.... and we will not leave Spc. Weichel’s family behind.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/29/army-sergeant-who-gave-life-to-save-afghani-child-being-flown-home-for-burial/#ixzz1qYAx3VQB

That is so American. Putting one's life on the line for people that don't really like you!

WWII heroes who served in elite unit reportedly die on same day

post-300-0-10797900-1333479988_thumb.jpg

These images, obtained by the Helena Independent Record, show Joe Glass, left, and Mark Radcliffe, right, members of the First Special Service Force during World War II. The two died Sunday just hours apart from each other

Two World War II veterans heralded for their service in an elite commando unit reportedly died just 12 hours apart on Sunday.

Mark Radcliffe, 94, and Joe Glass, 92, who both lived in Montana, were the last surviving members of the First Special Service Force, or FSSF, a legendary commando unit consisting of American and Canadian soldiers that captured more than 27,000 enemy prisoners during the war, the Helena Independent Record reported.

Both men were selected in 1942 for the Plough Project, described as a "suicide mission," and underwent training at Helena's Fort Harrison, according to the newspaper. The accomplishments of the FSSF -- nicknamed by the Germans as the "Black Devils" -- later became inspiration for the movie "The Devil's Brigade.

Radcliffe, who was born in Farmington, N.M., and Glass, originally from Samia, Ontario, both returned to Helena after the war. The two died 12 hours apart from each other on Sunday, according to the newspaper.

"Mark and Joe were two of the original members of the First Special Service Force, and it's appropriate that they were the last two survivors in the state," FSSF aficionado Bill Woon told the newspaper. "It’s also appropriate that they were an American and a Canadian."

Click for more on this story from the Helena Independent Record

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/03/wwii-heroes-who-served-in-elite-unit-reportedly-die-on-same-day/#ixzz1r0QmD87L

I get the distinct honor of installing 6 garage door openers for the Wounded Warrior program tomorrow, I hope I get to meet a few...they are like rockstars here in San Diego!!

Well I due to packed garages...I only did three openers today, when they move out some furniture on the 14th I should be able to do the rest, the lady running the place (it's called "Freedom Station") was real cool she gave me a tour of the place I got to meet a few of the guys staying there, they were a great group of guys and I was honored to do it all for free, I told them the job was gauranteed for life, any problems I fix it for free...for life...mine atleast. I don't think that will buy me a ticket to Heaven but atleast it might slow the elevator going down...

Good on ya, they deserve it!

I agree Skip, a very deserving group. Very modest and humble group too they don't take things for granted and appreciated and thanked me over and over again, which is a far cry from alot of folks here that when you do a job and go the extra mile to achieve perfection with their rickety 40 old termite rotted and warped pile they call a garage door, then they try to work you for yet another "discount". Well I'll do it again in a couple of weeks for these great guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Remains of US soldier missing since Vietnam War returned home for burial

The remains of a US soldier who went missing during the Vietnam War will finally be returned to his family for burial.

Capt. Charles R. Barnes will be buried with full military honors Wednesday in Virginia's Arlington National Cemetery, a Department of Defense statement said.

Barnes, 27, from Philadelphia, and four other service personnel were listed as missing in action on March 16, 1969, after their U-21A aircraft left Qui Nhon Airfield. They never arrived at their destination in Da Nang.

An investigation into his remains began in the 1980s, when Vietnam began returning unidentified human remains to the US, the report said.

The crash site of the aircraft was discovered and excavated in 2000.

US-led investigations in 1993, 1999 and 2000, as well as advances in technology, allowed the Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory to identify Barnes.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/01/remains-us-soldier-missing-since-vietnam-war-returned-home-for-burial/#ixzz1tc1tCWz5