Nugget Shooter Forums
goldnewbie

where to go

The wife and i plan on doing some serious prospecting in the next few months and we are wondering on the best locations I will be swinging a whites gmt and she will be swinging an mxt also the mini testing drywasher will also be making the trip we are debating between the bradshaws and vulture mts (unless uncle ron already got it all :) Im not expecting exact gps locations to the hottest patches but am just looking for some thoughts from the more experienced. We are going to stay in the goldfield mts. and clean up the little bit of gold we have found (pretty cool finding placer where there is not supposed to be much if any) test a few more areas and then head out. Also thanks so much for the replies on how to properly clean up what a difference it makes to have guidance. I hope to make this a golden Christmas and new year and hope the same for all of you.

You will need to join a club to prospect in the locations you mentioned. The Club with claims in both is the RoadRunners out of Phoenix. Have fun! - Terry

The wife and i plan on doing some serious prospecting in the next few months and we are wondering on the best locations I will be swinging a whites gmt and she will be swinging an mxt also the mini testing drywasher will also be making the trip we are debating between the bradshaws and vulture mts (unless uncle ron already got it all :) Im not expecting exact gps locations to the hottest patches but am just looking for some thoughts from the more experienced. We are going to stay in the goldfield mts. and clean up the little bit of gold we have found (pretty cool finding placer where there is not supposed to be much if any) test a few more areas and then head out. Also thanks so much for the replies on how to properly clean up what a difference it makes to have guidance. I hope to make this a golden Christmas and new year and hope the same for all of you.

I would stay down south if I were you, it was 15F here this AM, only37F at noon.

Bunk

I would stay down south if I were you, it was 15F here this AM, only37F at noon.

Bunk

It was only 25 in southern AZ...

Hahaha i moved from michigan 2 years ago cold weather is non relevant 36 is beautiful working weather. But is sounds like the entire area is claimed and something about joining a club rubs me the wrong way but if that is the only way then i guess i will have to check into roadrunners.Where im working now looks to be claimed until you check into the status and most have lapsed.

Guest bedrock bob

5 degrees last night and the high will be 18-22 today.

I hate to say it but the thread has strayed off topic, has it not? Am I out of line to respond in kind?

Sounds pretty cold. Mom and dad back in michigan are getting ready for 15 inches. Off topic on topic what ever i just like the comradery.

Guest bedrock bob

Sounds pretty cold. Mom and dad back in michigan are getting ready for 15 inches. Off topic on topic what ever i just like the comradery.

Yeah, I like the conversation too.

I am in New Mexico, and have a foot of powder on the ground. So cold the breeze in the morning kicks it all up and it snows again for two hours but there are no clouds in the sky. The ruts and drifts from the day before disappear each morning about 7:00 and it looks "new" again! It is so dry that you cant pack it, and so cold that it is crystalline flakes like diamonds in the air. When you breathe it in it tickles your throat.

Join a club. You will learn from others much faster than you will figure it out by yourself. Soon you will get a buddy to take you under the wing and show you a few tricks.

Good luck man!

Bedrock Bob

Do not look down on club claims. There is gold to be had. If I had half of the gold I've seen come out of club claims in the past 1.5 years I'd be pretty happy. It's nice to KNOW you are on legal ground also and the friendly folks make it even more fun.