Nugget Shooter Forums

Forum guideline personal issues

Folks I am very patient for the most part, but enough is enough and I am sorry it has come to this sort of post.

Constructive criticism is fine, but this childish crap of mentioning our off topic rule every time a post strays a little is getting you couple fellers what ya want... Ya got me pissed! This has been going on now since the flag thread and I am done. Tried to do it in private, then public, but you still go on with it despite my warnings. You fellers already know who you are and this forum will run fine with or without you. Everybody make contributions here and yours are also welcome as long as you use this forum and respect it's members and there is a obvious lack of respect shown in posts as recent as yesterday.

The smart ass comments about our guidelines, off topic jokes aimed at management, and jabs at moderation need to stop now. If anyone wants to go make a better place to talk about prospecting just go for God's sake and quit slamming this forum and it's moderators. Hey dudes if ya can do a better job go get-er-done...

There is no chain binding anyone here except comradeship and a common interest in gold prospecting so if unhappy with management feel free to log off anytime.

I will no longer let it continue here and if you do not like the way this forum is run... leave it! I will not mention names and am not calling anyone out for a public debate on how to run this forum it is what it is, period.

End it NOW!

Folks I am very patient for the most part, but enough is enough and I am sorry it has come to this sort of post.

Constructive criticism is fine, but this childish crap of mentioning our off topic rule every time a post strays a little is getting you couple fellers what ya want... Ya got me pissed! This has been going on now since the flag thread and I am done. Tried to do it in private, then public, but you still go on with it despite my warnings. You fellers already know who you are and this forum will run fine with or without you. Everybody make contributions here and yours are also welcome as long as you use this forum and respect it's members and there is a obvious lack of respect shown in posts as recent as yesterday.

The smart ass comments about our guidelines, off topic jokes aimed at management, and jabs at moderation need to stop now. If anyone wants to go make a better place to talk about prospecting just go for God's sake and quit slamming this forum and it's moderators. Hey dudes if ya can do a better job go get-er-done...

There is no chain binding anyone here except comradeship and a common interest in gold prospecting so if unhappy with management feel free to log off anytime.

I will no longer let it continue here and if you do not like the way this forum is run... leave it! I will not mention names and am not calling anyone out for a public debate on how to run this forum it is what it is, period.

End it NOW!

Excellent post Bill. Why not take it one more step and just block the violators the next time they step over the line? Tollerance does have its limits!

Excellent subject Bill, however I do worry about censorship. Sometimes it is a fine line between censorship, and good forum practice and adequate. I for one, would not want to be sanctioned for something that is verboten on this forum, however not written in stone on this forum.

Don't get me wrong, I have no claim to the creation of this forum, however I'm thankful that it was created by you. Under your watchful eye and guidance, the Nugget shooters forum has been an open plat forum where people of like interest can communicate and express themselves. This can not be disrupted! Out of debate, some of the most unbelievable achievements have been achieved. After all, the open forum is where all great ideas have been introduced and acted upon.

Think about it like this, small miners and prospectors are the only people interested in our endeavors. Any interest to the contrary is irrelevant.

Dean

:zip-lip: We are guests in your home(forum) you are the exclusive owner and all liability rises to you. I know I'm a offender but NOT of critiscism of your rules in your home. Thanx for the forum--you DID save lives on both sides when you didn't delete the rant of Lock/load/mo'fo' attitudes on sb570. Cowboyz abound on both sides who would LOVE, and have been jus' a waitn' for years ,to get stupid. Sooo thank you EXTREMELY as this was a saving grace to air out the insanity--much respect-John Oates :twocents:

I censor only stupidity and animosity as will the moderators. This forum has been around for over 10 years on different boards and it will not change in the way it has always been run. Why is it when someone screws up and we take action folks get all worked up over censorship? Read the guidelines and that is how it is here and they have not changed. This forum is also used by schools and clubs sometimes as is my site and some of the swearing and insults are not appropriate quite honestly.

I have run forums for many moons and a babysitter is sometimes required like it or not.

No worries.

Guest bedrock bob

Why is it when someone screws up and we take action folks get all worked up over censorship?

I believe that it is because certain individuals can get by with animosity towards others, yet other individuals are slapped for simply getting off topic in a thread. It may not be intentional censorship, but it amounts to censorsip how ever you cut it.

It is funny that those that have been good and endured the abuse for years are now the "bad guy" for taking matters into their own hands, because they had finally had enough. And those that were constantly abusive are allowed to continue the little digs at others.

I believe that is how some folks get worked up over censorship, because they see it happening.

As far as the cussing and insults, they began with taking exception ot the open racism and sadistic threats. When whole religions and races of people were targeted in this forum it caused some people to debate the issue. They were viciously attacked and then the cussing started.

Cussing and insults are certainly bad for the schools that may use this site for informational purposes. The racism, hate, and lack of respect for anyone that holds their own independant view of the world is also. Censorship is to villainize one side of the coin without addressing the other.

Bedrock Bob