Nugget Shooter Forums

looking to upgrade the coil my eureka gold?

seagullhead

Brian

I think that if I show Ginger how to run my GM3

she would have a blast.Heck she can find gold just

walking the trail.Just think what she could do with

a detector. :yuk-yuk: :yuk-yuk:

We have to be careful though,because if she starts

finding nuggets with a detector,who will shovel all

the dirt for the dry washer? :inocent:

You do realize that if she does good with a detector

we will get stuck packing all the stuff and making soda

runs? :whaaaa:

Just kidding,I will bring the Eureka,and show her a

spot that has some gold,so she can get off to a good

start.

I just got a WOT for my Eureka Gold.It was a steal at $110.00 :thumbsupanim I am liking it so far. I am still playing with finding the best setting and freq to use here in AZ. Any suggestion, anybody? Thanks a bunch.

More Au to y'all,

Robert

I just got a WOT for my Eureka Gold.It was a steal at $110.00 :thumbsupanim I am liking it so far. I am still playing with finding the best setting and freq to use here in AZ. Any suggestion, anybody? Thanks a bunch.

More Au to y'all,

Robert

Where did you find that coil, if you don't mind. I just picked up a used eureka and would like to get a wot coil sometime. Thanks

Where did you find that coil, if you don't mind. I just picked up a used eureka and would like to get a wot coil sometime. Thanks

:rolleyes:

I found the Coiltek WOT which was use at , "Promack Treasure Hunting" store at 940 West Apache Trail, Apache Junction, AZ.

I put more scratches on the skidplate in one afternoon than it had on it when I bought it. Dan also have in stock the lower arms and rubber spacers and nylon bolt and nut. I was able to set up the coil on a complete lower assymbly for less than $160.00 bucks, that also includes the governor tip! I am usually not that lucky in finding deals, but that was the best deal I have ever found! :thumbsupanim The coil was tagged as being for the Minelab XT 18000. The XT 17000 and the XT 18000 was the predecsor to the Minelab Eureka Gold. Most of the Double D coils are interchangeable between all 3 detectors. I have heard some early units did not have the 4 pins connector, so verify that the connector are correct!

More Au to you,

Robert

Hey guys I was just wondering what is the difference or advandage of having a Coiltek WOT verses the stock Coil which comes with the Eureka. Is there better performance? Thanks for any advise I can get.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only been using it a short time now but this is what I have been doing. I have been using the 6.4kHz with the Threshold set as low as posible, but still able to hear the slight variation of tone on my test nugget. The Sensitivity I try running at MAX unless mineralisation make it unstable, then I turn it down some until I can lived with the warble. I try running the Signal Switch in Boost position so it easier to hear the change in the pitch and volume. In varible mineralised ground varying the sensitivity control and the Signal Switch between Normal, Boost , or Fine you can find a setting that will work fairly well. Experiment.

The WOT coil is waterproof and being larger you natrually will cover more ground, and it is easier to overlap your swings.I find myself digging more targets, and digging deeper. Using the larger coil you are loosing sensitivety to small nuggets. 20kHz is viable to a extent but the higher 60kHz is useless.

The 10 inch eleptical is really sensitive and worked really well at the 20kHz, and the 60kHz. It also work great in tight, confined spaces.

I wish a more seasoned guru will log in and tell us more. Since my experince with the WOT is so limited.

More Au to you, Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Did you guys catch the "Classified" on this site? WOT for a $100.00 bucks, It was posted 12/18/2009... no post as being sold yet!

More Au to you, Robert