Nugget Shooter Forums

Sounds like my RIP mining partner of 30 years. His 2 gun safes just about filled a bachelor apt and that was about half hahaha god I miss him...John

Some people collect baseball cards, others collect weaponry..

You know, I'm not EVEN any kind of a "gun nut" or anything like that, but
your previous post made me do a quick inventory.. I have:

A half-dozen rifles..
One carbine..
Two 38s -- snub & 6"..
One 25 Baretta 'pocket pistol'..
One 22 Ruger Mk II target pistol..
One 12 guage shot gun cut @ Federal length..
And about 5K rounds of ammo, mostly 22LRs..

Nothing high-powered though -- all the rifles are 22 plinkers.. If things ever went sideways
I could probably hold off a zombie squirrel apocalypse for a good ten minutes or so..

If "they" ever came by my place in FL to classify me, I'd
probably be marked as "unprepared", lol.. :41:

Swamp

• Like 2

Can't/won't post info as would get a unwanted visit. Just enough will suffice real nice-John

• Like 2

I was at a gun store one time and this ol boy was bragging how he had two pallets of ammo, Enough Black Rifles to arm a squad. Three pallets of MRE's and enough gear to last years..  He Noticed me standing there listening to his story.  With a big Grin he asked me , "Well What do you have?  Can you do better then that ? "  I looked him in the eyes and just said.  I don't need to. Now that I know everything you have  I'll just come take your chit when I need it  ..    Boy did he get up set. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, homefire said:

I was at a gun store one time and this ol boy was bragging how he had two pallets of ammo, Enough Black Rifles to arm a squad. Three pallets of MRE's and enough gear to last years..  He Noticed me standing there listening to his story.  With a big Grin he asked me , "Well What do you have?  Can you do better then that ? "  I looked him in the eyes and just said.  I don't need to. Now that I know everything you have  I'll just come take your chit when I need it  ..    Boy did he get up set. 

You may have saved that guy's life.. I bet he doesn't 'brag' nearly as much as he used to around people he doesn't know..

Swamp

• Like 2

Yep !  The shop owner was ear to ear smiles on that one.

• Like 2

Don't ask me why, Homie -- but your gun shop story made me think of this song..
Here it is for those of you who may have never heard it before: 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Don't ask me why, Homie -- but your gun shop story made me think of this song..
Here it is for those of you who may have never heard it before: 

Thanks Al for posting that video, it's been many years since I listened to it, it was my all time favorite when is was released and also for many years after and I love it just as well now as I did then!!!

Kudos Homie, he who brags the loudest about what he has loses it fast, I have known many like him and none of them still have all they had bragged about and cry about it getting stolen!! 

• Like 3

Frequented that shop many a times and never seen the guy ever again.  That shop got caught up in Holders Fast and Feareos BS.  The owner ended up holding the bag on a few of those deals and I think he's still locked up..

Al you took me waaaaay back with that one for sure. Back when I was younger and dumber and fulla pzzzz and vinegar. Been there done that but texas sheriffs gave me a free haircut with a rusty dull knife back in 65 and darn lucky to get outta there alive. Longhaired commie pinko freaks should NOT hitchhike from LA to Shady Lane Baton Rouge LA with a crazy Coon arse pal.......THANX for the song as had forgotten how much fun traveln' was in the day-John

• Like 2

Embarrassment sets in.  I did NOT do well on that one.  LOL

I thought I was pretty smart when it came to the good ole US of A, but I only got 53%.  Some of them are pretty tricky.

Old Tom

I missed 6, but some of those questions most would never know IMHO, the ones I consider to be the most important I got right, the ones I missed except one on statehood had to do with population and on at least 3 my first guess would of been right but I second guessed myself thinking they were trying to trick me! :89: :tisk-tisk:

Yep, I found the Cal, NY populations questions a supersize for sure.  The State Hood Questions I just flat didn't know.

DO"H  wow I was not good on that one either......John

Well I guess it good we are all citizens of this great country, we would suck on trying to pass the test to become a citizen, especially if these questions were on the test!!

• Like 1

The sad part is those questions probably came directly out of a 1960's 6th Grade Civic class Test !  :2mo5pow:

• Like 1

66% shortly after Don posted the link, but been hooked into reading Lanny last evening & this AM.. Just finished up and here's my result from the quiz.. Missed the same ones probably everyone else did too -- statehood and a couple second choices I went with as firsts..

The one thing I really want to know though is: When did we get six time zones..?

Swamp

EDIT: Oh geez -- never mind.. Alaska & Hawaii, d'ohhh..

Edited by Swampstomper Al
  • Like 1

LOL That one got me too.  Think Alaska , Hawaii and other Territories.

Edited by homefire

Cowboy at the Pearly Gates

A cowboy appeared before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.'Have you ever done anything of particular merit?' St. Peter asked.
'Well, I can think of one thing,' the cowboy offered. 'On a trip to the Big Horn Mountains out in Wyoming, I came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So, I approached the largest and most tattooed biker and smacked him in the face, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the ground. Then I yelled, 'Now, back off or I'll kick the crap out of all of you!'
St. Peter was impressed, 'When did this happen?'
'Couple of minutes ago.'

• Like 6

That was the worst test I've ever taken, thanks swamp for helping on the time zones. 

The Outhouse

Once there was a little boy that lived in the country. They had to use an outhouse, and the little boy hated it because it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter and stank all the time. The outhouse was sitting on the bank of a creek and the boy determined that one day he would push that outhouse into the creek.

One day after a spring rain, the creek was swollen so the little boy decided today was the day to push the outhouse into the creek. So he got a large stick and started pushing.Finally, the outhouse toppled into the creek and floated away.

That night his dad told him they were going to the woodshed after supper. Knowing that meant a spanking, the little boy asked why.

The dad replied, "Someone pushed the outhouse into the creek today. It was you, wasn't it son?"

The boy answered yes. Then he thought a moment and said, "Dad, I read in school today that George Washington chopped down a cherry tree and didn't get into trouble because he told the truth."

The dad replied, "Well, son, George Washington's father wasn't in the cherry tree" 
  • Like 3

I can't believe entities such as CBS still use Flash..
There may be a more unsafe player out there, but I can't think of one off the top of my head..

Swamp

• Like 1