Nugget Shooter Forums

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why Southern California is Different From The Rest of America   You may have heard on the news about a southern California man put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found

Fifty years of Dems:

Okay, my turn.  This is an old one. So, a nasty anti-Semite walks into a bar and is about to order a drink when he sees a guy close by wearing a yarmulke and beard. He doesn't have to be an Einst

Posted Images

Mac put two goats on a tether and they'll have that place cleaned up in about a week. Then sell two fat goats. Or if you buy two milk goats you can sell the milk. Many kids need the milk for allergies.

• Like 1

Yep, I would go with 5 Goats. Untethered . The Water will keep them home. Better then what I'm living in.

Were is this?

Homey it's in Brazil where the rich people build big new houses!

Edited by garimpo

I would go with goats but there are quite a few fruit trees and other plants hidden in that mess. Besides the locals would just steal the goats.

• Like 1
Beany's Drive Thru -1952

This is soo cool !!! Brings back memories!!!! ENJOY!!!! love the 20 cent burgers!!!
Lots of great looking wheels in this video... no seat belts on the kids either

Beany's Drive Thru -1952
Back when life was simple and gluten was our friend...
Beany's Drive Thru - Long Beach, California - 1952-53 Enjoy the Sunday drive
check out the woody wagon

20 Cents? You was being Robbed. They should had been 10 c back then.

Maybe in the rest of the country but not Long Beach California, don't you know California has always been one step ahead of the rest of the country, especially when it comes to your money and stepping on your rights!

• Like 3

The Green Drought :grr01::grr01::grr01::grr01::grr01::grr01::grr01::grr01:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/californias-green-drought-1428271308

.............................................................................................................................

"(snip) ...Then there’s California, which has suffered four droughts in the last five decades with each seemingly more severe in its impact. Yet this is due more to resource misallocation than harsher conditions.

Related Video
Editorial Page Writer Allysia Finley on Gov. Jerry Brown’s unprecedented decision to impose mandatory water restrictions across California. Photo: Associated Press

During normal years, the state should replenish reservoirs. However, environmental regulations require that about 4.4 million acre-feet of water—enough to sustain 4.4 million families and irrigate one million acres of farmland—be diverted to ecological purposes. Even in dry years, hundreds of thousands of acre feet of runoff are flushed into San Francisco Bay to protect fish in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta.

During the last two winters amid the drought, regulators let more than 2.6 million acre-feet out into the bay. The reason: California lacked storage capacity north of the delta, and environmental rules restrict water pumping to reservoirs south. After heavy rains doused northern California this February, the State Water Resources Control Board dissipated tens of thousands of more acre-feet. Every smelt matters.

Increased surface storage would give regulators more latitude to conserve water during heavy storm-flows and would have allowed the state to stockpile larger reserves during the 15 years that preceded the last drought. Yet no major water infrastructure project has been completed in California since the 1960s.

Money is not the obstacle. Since 2000 voters have approved five bonds authorizing $22 billion in spending for water improvements.(snip)..."

Edited by weaver hillbille

Beanys rocks-thanx G as a true step back in time. Looks like PCH and Sepulveda area to me. I was too young to remember but going to the Pike in Long Beach from torrance you'd have to drive by it and the ol'Circle drive in-now that I remember, God I miss drive ins......well being in the backseat with any number a sweeties that is :old: Back seat of a caddie at the torrance drive is how my first son was made--a two fer for sure...John :4chsmu1:

:ROFL: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/for/4978141654.html

01313_cJXgP81AcUb_600x450.jpg

"Fifty-year old manure spreader. Not sure of brand. Said to have been produced in Kenya.

Used for a few years in Indonesia before being smuggled into the US via Hawaii. Of questionable pedigree. Does not appear to have ever been worked hard. Apparently it was pampered by various owners over the years.
It doesn't work very often, but when it does it can really sling the crap for amazing distances. I am hoping to retire the manure spreader in November. I really don't want it hanging around getting in the way. I would prefer a foreign buyer to relocate the manure spreader out of the country.
I would be willing to trade it for a nicely framed copy of the United States Constitution.
Location: Currently being stored in a big white house in Washington , D.C"

Edited by weaver hillbille

A man washed up on a beach after a shipwreck. Only a sheep and a sheepdog were washed-up with him.
After looking around, he realized that they were stranded on a deserted island. After being there awhile, he got into the habit of taking his two animal companions to the beach every evening to watch the sunset.
One particular evening, the sky was a fiery red with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle - a perfect night for romance. As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the lonely man. Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it. The sheepdog, ever-protective of the sheep, growled fiercely until the man took his arm from around the sheep. After that, the three of them continued to enjoy the sunsets together, but there was no more cuddling.
A few weeks passed-by and, lo and behold, there was another shipwreck. The only survivor was Nancy Pelosi. That evening, the man brought Nancy to the evening beach ritual.
It was another beautiful evening - red sky, cirrus clouds, a warm and gentle breeze - perfect for a night of romance. Pretty soon, the man started to get those feelings again. He fought the urges as long as he could but he finally gave-in and leaned over to Nancy and told her he hadn't had sex for months.
Nancy batted her eyelashes and asked if there was anything she could do for him.
He said, ’Take the dog for a walk.'
  • Like 3

That's great! I'm gonna steal it! ... Best laugh I've had in a while and so very true! WTG, Don.... Cheers, Ron

One day my grandma was out and my grandpa was in charge of me. I was maybe 2-1/2 years old. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a gift, a nd it was one of my favorite toys.

Grandpa was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my grandma c ame home. My grandpa made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, b ecause it was 'just the cutest thing'!
Grandma waited, and sure enough, here I came down the hall with a cup of tea for g
randpa, and she watched him drink it up. Then she said, (as only a Grandma would know), "Did it ever occur to you the only place she can reach to get water is the toilet?"
  • Like 4
They Don't Like That in Heaven....
Your morning smile...... A priest visited a woman and told her she must give up smoking, drinking and sex if
she wants to get into heaven. The woman said she would try her best. The priest visited the woman a week later to see how she was getting on. "Not bad" said the woman, "I've given up smoking and drinking but then I bent over to get some stuff out of the freezer and my boyfriend caught sight of my long slender legs, he pulled up my skirt, pulled my knickers to one side and made love to me right then and there."
"They don't like that in heaven", said the priest.
The woman replied: "They're not too happy about it in Wal-Mart either!"
  • Like 3
Definition of the word "Coincidence"

A chicken farmer went to the local bar ... He sat next to a woman and ordered champagne.

The woman said: "How strange, I also just ordered a glass of champagne."

"What a coincidence" said the farmer, who added: "It is a special day for me ... I'm celebrating

"It is a special day for me too, I am also celebrating!" said the woman.

"What a coincidence" said the farmer.

While they toasted, the man asked: "What are you celebrating?"

"My husband and I have been trying to have a child for years
and today, my gynecologist told me that I was pregnant."

"What a coincidence!" said the farmer. "I'm a chicken farmer and for years all my hens were infertile, but now they are all set to lay fertilized eggs."

"This is awesome" said the woman. "What did you do for your chickens to become fertile?"

"I used a different rooster" the farmer said.

The woman smiled and said: "What a coincidence"

• Like 2

SCOTTISH BROTHEL

The madam opened the brothel door in Milngavie and saw a rather dignified, well-dressed, good-looking man in his late forties or early fifties.
"May I help you sir?" she asked.
The man replied, "I want to see Suzy."
"Sir, Suzy is one of our most expensive ladies. Perhaps you would prefer someone else", said the madam.
He replied, "No, I must see Suzy." Just then, Suzy appeared and announced to the man she charged £5,000 a visit.
Without hesitation, the man pulled out five thousand pounds and gave it to Suzy, and they went upstairs. After an hour, the man calmly left.

The next night, the man appeared again, once more demanding to see Suzy.
Suzy explained that no one had ever come back two nights in a row as she was too expensive.
"There are no discounts. The price is still £5000."
Again, the man pulled out the money, gave it to Suzy, and they went upstairs. After an hour, he left..

The following night the man was there yet again. Everyone was astounded that he had come for a third consecutive night, but he paid Suzy and they went upstairs.
After their session, Suzy said to the man, "No one has ever been with me three nights in a row. Where are you from?"
The man replied, " Edinburgh."
"Really," she said. "I have family in Edinburgh ."

"I know." the man said. "Your sister died and I am her lawyer. She asked me to give you your £15,000 inheritance."
The moral of the story is that three things in life are certain:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Being screwed by a lawyer!
  • Like 3
Jennifer, a manager at Wal-Mart, had the task of hiring someone to fill a job
opening. After sorting through a stack of 20 resumes she found four
people who were equally qualified. Jennifer decided to call the four
in and ask them only one question. Their answer would determine which
of them would get the job.
The day came and as the four sat around the conference room table, Jennifer asked,
'What is the fastest thing you know of?'

The first man replied, 'A THOUGHT..' It just pops into your head. There's no warning.

'That's very good!' replied Jennifer. 'And, now you sir?' she asked the second man.

'Hmmm....let me see 'A blink! It comes and goes and you don't know that it ever
happened. A BLINK is the fastest thing I know of.'
'Excellent!' said Jennifer. 'The blink of an eye, that's a very popular cliché for speed.'
She then turned to the third man, who was contemplating his reply.

'Well, out at my dad's ranch, you step out of the house and on the wall there's a light switch.
When you flip that switch, way out across the pasture the light on the barn comes on in less
than an instant.. 'Yip, TURNING ON A LIGHT is the fastest thing I can think of'.
Jennifer was very impressed with the third answer and thought she had found her man.
'It's hard to beat the speed of light,' she said.

Turning to BUBBA, the fourth and final man, Jennifer posed the same question.
Old Bubba replied, 'After hearing the previous three answers, it's obvious to me that the
fastest thing known is DIARRHEA.'

'WHAT!?' said Jennifer, stunned by the response...
'Oh sure', said BUBBA. 'You see, the other day I wasn't feeling so good, and I ran for the bathroom,
but before I could THINK, BLINK, or TURN ON THE LIGHT, I had already crap my pants.'
BUBBA is now the new greeter at a Wal-Mart near you!

You probably will think of this every time you enter a Wal-Mart from now on.
  • 2 weeks later...
Pile driving in Pakistan, you've got to watch this.....

If you're not an engineer some of the calculations may escape you, but don’t worry the video explains all the calculations in one go !!

Something to cheer up the Engineer in you.

Just to put you in the picture and keep you up to date with the latest developments.

Below is a link to a short video of a Pakistani pile driving construction technique!

The chant is also catchy!

Now, let's analyse the Engineering here:

6 men x 180 lbs = 1080 lbs static force.

Jumping up and down will create a 3 times dynamic effect = 3240 lbs/jump = 1.6 ton thumps if the pile is tapered to 2 in x 2 in, cross section at the tip = 4 sq. in. So, dynamic pressure/thump at pile tip = 3240/4 = 800 psi.

"Add a man" feature will increase to 950 psi, so buy the option!

Increase the chant and dynamic force goes up to 5 times to bring max.

pressure / thump to 1600 psi for a 7 man team.

Quite good, and will penetrate hard clay and sandy soil (but not hard or rocky ground!) Pretty ingenious.

Oh, the foreman is the guy on the tambourine.

• Like 3