Nugget Shooter Forums

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why Southern California is Different From The Rest of America   You may have heard on the news about a southern California man put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found

An old geezer became very bored in retirement and decided to open a medical clinic.  He put a sign up outside that said: "Dr. Geezer's clinic.  Get your treatment for $500, if not cured, get back $1,0

NO SEX AFTER SURGERY A recent article in the San Francisco Examiner reported that Nancy Pelosi has sued Stanford  Hospital, saying that "after her husband had surgery there, he lost all inte

Posted Images

To help save the economy, the Government will announce

Nextmonth that the Immigration Department will start deporting

Seniors(instead of illegal’s) in order to lower Social Security

And Medicare costs.

Older people are easier to catch and will not remember

How toget back home.

I started to cry when I thought of you.

Then it dawned on me ... Oh, crap ...

I'll see you on the bus!

post-21985-0-84109900-1326856519_thumb.j

People are funny

Some years back my wife and I were out driving looking for the back,road which was a

historical road to a goldrush gold town,so their is a little old shack where you have

turn down to get there,so we turned down this road went about 1/2 mile and the roads

getting pretty crapy and super narrow so i decide to turn and get the L out of there so

I am driving a 1977 Jimmy so I turn and back up had to back right into the bank to get

turned around I see this withered lil old gent around 80 years old jogging down the

trail ttowards us packing a 30-30 hex barreled lever action Winchester,, temper just a

smoking he says "what are doing down here so I explained,he said you are lying

what I didn't know was that when turning around I caught the license plate and bent it

90 degrese out horizenteal so he accused me of bending the plate so nobody could read it

and said you can't go down this road your on my claim so I politely told him you can't stop

me,he says yes I can I'll go and get the police I said that's it jump in and I'll take you their

and get them after some odd more words he declined and we left...we had a good laugh

about it later.

I guess the ol dude hadn't read the mining regs,because here you can't stop anyone from going

through their claim if it's a through road. I dont know what your laws are like in the US but here

hard rock and placer are seperate entitys I can stake placer over hard rock and work mine it

and visa versa.

The following year some friends were camping in the same area with us so I just had to show them

that little old gent,so past the cabin we go down the road 1/4 mile or so quickly turned around

sure as clockwork here he comes trotting up the trail gun and all we are sitting there waiting for him when he

got to us I said what the L took you so long as he is standing there trying to catch his breath he says

"Oh you again" so we chatted for a bit then left him smiling and went on our way

Rodd

So we dubbed him Peter Cottontail

People are funny

Some years back my wife and I were out driving looking for the back,road which was a

historical road to a goldrush gold town,so their is a little old shack where you have

turn down to get there,so we turned down this road went about 1/2 mile and the roads

getting pretty crapy and super narrow so i decide to turn and get the L out of there so

I am driving a 1977 Jimmy so I turn and back up had to back right into the bank to get

turned around I see this withered lil old gent around 80 years old jogging down the

trail ttowards us packing a 30-30 hex barreled lever action Winchester,, temper just a

smoking he says "what are doing down here so I explained,he said you are lying

what I didn't know was that when turning around I caught the license plate and bent it

90 degrese out horizenteal so he accused me of bending the plate so nobody could read it

and said you can't go down this road your on my claim so I politely told him you can't stop

me,he says yes I can I'll go and get the police I said that's it jump in and I'll take you their

and get them after some odd more words he declined and we left...we had a good laugh

about it later.

I guess the ol dude hadn't read the mining regs,because here you can't stop anyone from going

through their claim if it's a through road. I dont know what your laws are like in the US but here

hard rock and placer are seperate entitys I can stake placer over hard rock and work mine it

and visa versa.

The following year some friends were camping in the same area with us so I just had to show them

that little old gent,so past the cabin we go down the road 1/4 mile or so quickly turned around

sure as clockwork here he comes trotting up the trail gun and all we are sitting there waiting for him when he

got to us I said what the L took you so long as he is standing there trying to catch his breath he says

"Oh you again" so we chatted for a bit then left him smiling and went on our way

Rodd

So we dubbed him Peter Cottontail

Good Rodd....glad you were able to turn hostile into smiles....wonder if Peter Cottontail is still kicking....

http://en.wikipedia....ritish_Columbia

http://www.barkerville.ca/

Don this where the old dude lived in the town of Stanley around 100 yards from the hotel...shortly after our encounter

he got dimentia and had to move to a care home in town, his wife got an apartment so she

could visit him..

Somehow people found out he had dimentia and of course he had to have to buried all kinds of

gold somewheres around there so Vandals literly tore diwn his cabin board by board right the

floor. I dont think anybody found anything,just destroyed a heritage sight..The above URL

has some nice pics and info.

The Barkerville URL is one of the most famous ghost goldtown in northamerica..

Rodd.........Enjoy

Steve Bridges

You may remember Steve Bridges as the guy who imitated George Bush on the Jay Leno Show.

He has now started imitating Obama and REALLY does it well.

The Administration has tried to put a stop to Bridges' act, because Obama has made it known that he is deeply offended.

http://www.stevebrid...o-Aug-2011.html

Next time you use a pair of latex gloves when you're painting or crafting, you're going to smile when you think of this:

A dentist noticed that his next patient, a little old lady, was nervous, so he decided to tell her a little joke as he put on his gloves.

'Do you know how they make these gloves?' he asked.

'No, I don't,' she replied.

'Well,' he spoofed, 'there's a building in Canada with a big tank of latex, and workers of all hand sizes walk up to the tank, dip in their hands, let them dry, then peel off the gloves and throw them into boxes of the right size.'

She didn't crack a smile.

But five minutes later, during a delicate portion of the procedure, she burst out laughing.

'What's so funny?' he asked.

'I was just envisioning how condoms are made!'

SPEAKING GERMAN IN TEXAS

In Texas there is a town called Muenster, where there is a large German-speaking population.

One day, a local rancher driving down a country road noticed a man using his hand to drink water from the rancher's stock pond.

The rancher rolled down the window and shouted: "Sehr angenehm! Trink das Wasser nicht. Die kuehe haben darein geschissen."

Which means: "Glad to meet you! Don't drink the water. The cows have crapped in it."

The man shouted back: "I'm from New York and just down here campaigning for Obama. I can't understand you. Please speak in English."

The rancher replied: "Use both hands."

Don

I was watching IRT Deadliest Roads I don't know if you get that program or not..

Those drivers are nuts driving those big trucks on those roads there isn't near

enough money for me to drive in that place,anyways they were in a town or

city and Liesa was looking at one of those open meat markets on the sidewalk

chickens ,pigs head ,you name it just crawling with flies wow Fast Food to Go

Maggets on the run....Was just wondering if you have that in Brazil?

The show was filmed around La Paz Bolivia,,beautiful scenery though.

Rodd

All western countries need to wake up and take notice!

This is cool

1911 Ford Model T

1911 Ford Model T

THE YEAR IS 1911

This will boggle your mind, I know it did mine!

The year is 1911 --- One hundred years ago.

What a difference a century makes!

Here are some statistics for the Year 1911:

The average life expectancy for men was 47 years.

Fuel for this car was sold in drug stores only.

Only 14 percent of the homes had a bathtub.

Only 8 percent of the homes had a telephone.

There were only 8,000 cars and only 144 miles of paved roads.

The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph..

The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower !

The average US wage in 1910 was 22 cents per hour.

The average US worker made between $200 and $400 per year ..

A competent accountant could expect to earn $2000 per year,

A dentist $2,500 per year,

a veterinarian between $1,500 and $4,000 per year,

and a mechanical engineer about $5,000 per year.

More than 95 percent of all births took place at home .

Ninety percent of all Doctors had NO COLLEGE EDUCATION!

Instead, they attended so-called medical schools, many of which

were condemned in the press AND the government as "substandard."

Sugar cost four cents a pound.

Eggs were fourteen cents a dozen.

Coffee was fifteen cents a pound.

Most women only washed their hair once a month,

and used Borax or egg yolks for shampoo.

Canada passed a law that prohibited poor people from

entering into their country for any reason.

The Five leading causes of death were:

1. Pneumonia and influenza

2. Tuberculosis

3. Diarrhea

4. Heart disease

5.. Stroke

The American flag had 45 stars...

The population of Las Vegas , Nevada , was only 30!!!

Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and iced tea hadn't been invented yet.

There was neither a Mother's Day nor a Father's Day.

Two out of every 10 adults couldn't read or write and only 6 percent

of all Americans had graduated from high school.

Marijuana, heroin, and morphine were all available over the counter

at the local corner drugstores.

Back then pharmacists said, "Heroin clears the complexion,

gives buoyancy to the mind, Regulates the stomach and bowels,

and is, in fact, a perfect guardian of health!"

( Shocking? )

Eighteen percent of households had at least one full-time servant or

domestic help ....

There were about 230 reported murders in the ENTIRE U.S.A. !

I am now going to forward this to someone else without typing it myself.

From there, it will be sent to others all over the WORLD -

all in a matter of seconds!

Try to imagine what it may be like in another 100 years.

Also in 1911 John Browning gave birth the long standing and venerable 1911 automatic handgun. Still in use today and even prefered by Special Forces over the standard issue Berretta.

IMG_0402.jpg

• Like 1