Nugget Shooter Forums

Eldorado's Love of Jewlery!

LuckyLundy

I'd like to start this little story by saying thanks to El Dorado...Steve, it's fantastic! Some of you may remember I dug this nugget up last Father's Day 15.5 dwt and wanted to make a pendant out of it. During the time since, Steve moved to a new home and was in Brazil for what seemed months. He didn't waste much time when he got back home planning his new studio and putting it into action. He now has his own jewerly making man-cave set up and running, it's nestled under the shade of and old oak tree. I gave Steve free run in his creative mind to fashion my pendant and he didn't let me down! Steve dropped it by this morning, before our morning hunt and I was in awe. I quickly hung my pendant on my chain...it felt Lucky! Off to the gold fields to catch up with NuggetSlayer. Jeff, was out at day break ridge running for a new patch. Steve, was a head of me and detecting a favorite spot, when I heard a whistle...I joined Jeff some 500 yards from the gold patch. We detected a high ridge leading to Steve, with no luck. I jumped down into the ditch 150 yards from Steve and started a slow search for a nugget. 75 yards short of Steve, I got one of those funny sounds...all trash must be removed from this patch, so I busted the top of the soil clean and listened again. Yep, it was a nice solid sounding target now, removed a couple more inches and the target was out of the hole. It soon was in my hand and I called the guys to take a look...4.2 dwt's plus another dink (.2 dwt) and hour later. Steve, I think my new pendant has some Mojo added, not a bad morning hunt on a day gold top $1,200 and ounce! So, if you have some jewlery needs Steve is your man...he'll toss in some of his Mojo too! Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

MyPendant-1.jpg

1Dec09LoneTree42dwt.jpg

LuckyLundy, got to totally agree with you!

I had a gold goldpanner ring, I've worn close to 30 years. The last 6?, I've paid to have the ring repaired several times(cracked,or was wearing thin). I talked to Steve, oh maybe a couple of years ago about it. Finally, bit the bullet and sent it off to him, as this is a long distance deal with just conversations over the phone and e-mails. Got it today in the mail and it's fantastic! Sized prefect and just what I wanted! Pic was quick and doesn't do ring justice.

Didn't mean to rob your post Lundy, but I had to add this.

Shep

Shep,

NuggetSlayer and I stopped bye Steve's home a few weeks back. Visiting his shop, we seen your ring and Steve explained the process of making the mold and spinning gold. It's way over my simple mind...I have no skills in such things, but I know a skilled hand when I see ones work. Your ring is ready for many more decades of everyday use, a very nice piece of jewerly, Shep. Talk to you later,

LuckyLundy