Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin finds

Howdy All,Maureen and i went out to GB again today.We run into Del, Mike and Jayray and they all found meteorites.I found a 42.7 and a 133.3 grammer. Maureen found a 15 gm. It was a fun day visiting with everyone in the Basin today.

Harry

Aloha Harry,

Great job Harry, looks like you guys are on a roll for now. Keep it up. Just a warm up for Franconia?happy0045[1].gif

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

I was out there from 7 till about 3 covered ground from the rec. area fenceline to Aganthus, walked like a mountain goat for 3 hours on a hillside till my old knees an legs couldnt take it any more an all I got to show was a WW2 bullet, more LEAD an a GOLF BALL.... yup thats right its one hell of a detector I use isnt it !!!!!Not just anybody can come up with a golf ball while detecting. Sorry I missed all of you Kept my eyes open for Jays F150 truck I would have liked to see those 100 grammers too. Nice goin, I hope I chase the SHUNK away before goin to Franconia for Jim's memorial weekend.

My buddy was more productive he came up with 2 nuggets a half a bed full of dirt in his pickup to take home an a meteorite.

All, it was a good day indeed. Walking away with meteorites in hand is always a good feeling. I didn't find any gold, but had a great day hunting and with friends. The best find was a 100 gram GB, and the last find of the day before the sun set was nice 61 gram chunk. I'll post pis once I down load them. Total finds for the day was 9 meteorites, totaling 231.6 grams. Jason ;)

Aloha Jason,

Wow, you still have what it takes to find them spacerocks! Would have loved to get out there but have been moving into a condo near Summerlin over the last couple of weeks and cannot believe the junk that I have stored in this 3 bdrm house. Will definitely make it out to Franconia next weekend come hell or high water. Looking forward to seeing everyone once again.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha Jason,

Nice specimens. Looks like you had to dig for most of them.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan, that's the truth. The only one that was on the surface was the first find of the day. I got out of the truck, walked about 100 ft and it was laying on the surface. It's pretty weathered, the second one in the row of four. Jason ;)

Harry, Maureen, Jay, Mike, and Del, Frank, and all. Way Nice Big Ones!!! :thumbsupanim It was a nice hunting day Sunday. I finally couldn't take it, took the risk and ran the RPMs up with my up to 3 gear trannie. Went North of Moapa looking for a cold find. Zip, but a good day anyway. I thought about going to Gold Basin, but it's too far to risk it. Man what a nice haul you'all made!!! Clifton

Here's my take-

Gold_Basin_11_27.jpg

10 meteorites total (two pieces fit together) weighing in at 260 grams even. Three biggest were 121, 38, and 30 grams.

Here's a cool in-situ pic of the 121 grammer-

121_grammer_dig_hole.jpg

Gold Basin is always fun! :thumbsupanim Good to see all of you again. Harry thats a good score, way to go. Jason thats one heck of a haul there man, and to think you did it in a couple of hours! :wubu:

Mike had a blast again man!

I'll see most of you next week at Franconia. B)

Del