Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wjbell

Metal detecting old dredge tailing piles

There were and still are many large pieces of gold in the Folsom area. Skip, I just saw you got that publication reference. It is a very important book, anyway to put it in a pinned thread.

There were and still are many large pieces of gold in the Folsom area. Skip, I just saw you got that publication reference. It is a very important book, anyway to put it in a pinned thread.

Steve give me a day or two and I'll start and pin another topic for reference material such as that book.

Wes... different streambeds from different time epochs!

As far as trying to recover gold from the oversize rock tails.... just imaging all the spaces in between the rocks and lets say you are trying to recover a 1 ounce sinker... move a few rocks and it will just keep getting deeper. I tried and tried to get nuggets out of those tailings and gave up. However, the places to watch are where the tails are dozed for development ! Which by now, has pretty much slowed to a trickle. The areas West of E. Bidwell St are now pretty much built out.......

Here is a small patch area for you to try..... It's called the LaTrobe area or the "Sawmill". nuggets are usually 1 gram or less. Stay South of the small dirt road that crosses over the top of the hill with the trees. That is a good road to park on. That is public property reserved for a future school.

N 38 36.483 W 121 2.803

Hi everybody! I've been lurking, and love this forum, and finally now I'm ready to contribute!

I've heard this spot was shut down. Anybody know for sure? I would love to try it out for my first detected nugget!

I have heard a that part of the area was shut down, but some is still open, let's hope Matt chimes in.....