Nugget Shooter Forums

Any mentors out there

I'm a newbie to the American west, specifically Colorado Springs. That said... just need a mentor to get me running on my first find after 40 years of interest/study.

Thanks,

Steve

Greetings Steve and welcome to Nuggetshooter Forums.

I am not an expert nor do I live in your area but I've been taught what I know from one of the best locals here who has recently passed away.

I learn something new almost every time I go out in the field.

I am in the N.W. Arizona area. There are others that will chime in to be of assistance some may be closer to your local.

Feel free to post your questions and get more involved in this fascinating field of space rocks.

post-562-125914942943_thumb.jpg

Steve do you have Google Earth? If you want email me @ dustin.stober@navy.mil and i will send you a tool to add on to your GE that will show all the Meteorite finds til 2008 in the US

Greetings Steve and welcome to Nuggetshooter Forums.

I am not an expert nor do I live in your area but I've been taught what I know from one of the best locals here who has recently passed away.

I learn something new almost every time I go out in the field.

I am in the N.W. Arizona area. There are others that will chime in to be of assistance some may be closer to your local.

Feel free to post your questions and get more involved in this fascinating field of space rocks.

Thank you Frank for your friendly invite to the forum. I'm sure you miss your friend and I am sure sorry for your loss. I hope one day I'll be so lucky to find some meteor hunting friends. Thanks again and take care. BTW.. nice shot of your collection there...I'd be curious what all it consists of.

Steve

Steve do you have Google Earth? If you want email me @ dustin.stober@navy.mil and i will send you a tool to add on to your GE that will show all the Meteorite finds til 2008 in the US

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for taking interest in my recent post here on the forum and for your invite to the December 5 event at Franconia. I don't yet know where that is but I'll look it up. I would love to go and join you all and learn from the best. So, I'll have to look in to that. As you suggested, I will email you directly for more about the Google Earth tool you spoke of. Thanks again Dustin

Steve

Guest bedrock bob

Hey Steve!

I see that you are into electric dog polishing? I am kind of old fashioned guy and use the gasoline powered kind. Surprisingly enough, I AM MENTO! There are several mentos here so I am certain that you will find someone who can help you out.

Hey, there is a really nice fellow in your area that I met recently...maybe he will chime in here. Anyhoo, I am not sure if he is in to meteorites, but I know he uses a automatic cat washer powered by solar energy! Yes! and he lives in Colorado Springs too! I dont think he is mento, but he put up with me for a couple of days in the desert so I can vouch for him being "not quite right". Maybe you two can get together?

You are going to find a lot of info here, as well as mentos. Welcome, and I hope you find a big one!

Bob

Hey Steve!

I see that you are into electric dog polishing? I am kind of old fashioned guy and use the gasoline powered kind. Surprisingly enough, I AM MENTO! There are several mentos here so I am certain that you will find someone who can help you out.

Hey, there is a really nice fellow in your area that I met recently...maybe he will chime in here. Anyhoo, I am not sure if he is in to meteorites, but I know he uses a automatic cat washer powered by solar energy! Yes! and he lives in Colorado Springs too! I dont think he is mento, but he put up with me for a couple of days in the desert so I can vouch for him being "not quite right". Maybe you two can get together?

You are going to find a lot of info here, as well as mentos. Welcome, and I hope you find a big one!

Bob

Thanks Bob for your note here on the forum... So, I bet that's a PULL start gas powered rig you've got there :) Again, thanks for the friendly note here and I do hope I'll get to chat with your friend here in Colorado Springs. I just wonder though, did you find some space rocks in those two days with your "not quite right" friend? Anyway, I hope I'll hear from you again sometime... Take care Bob

Steve

Guest bedrock bob

Thanks Bob for your note here on the forum... So, I bet that's a PULL start gas powered rig you've got there :) Again, thanks for the friendly note here and I do hope I'll get to chat with your friend here in Colorado Springs. I just wonder though, did you find some space rocks in those two days with your "not quite right" friend? Anyway, I hope I'll hear from you again sometime... Take care Bob

Steve

No sir, we were hunting for gold...and found some! I do hunt meteorites though and have found quite a little pile of them in the last three years or so. You will too with enough persevereance. It aint easy, but it can definitely be done.

Yeah, the dog polisher has a pull cord and is tough to start. I find it is much easier to put him is a barrel with soap and water and push it down the hill. It makes him walk funny for a few hours but his fur is very soft and clean.

And I am sorry that I misread your post...mentoRs, not mentos...big difference. My bad!

Bob

No sir, we were hunting for gold...and found some! I do hunt meteorites though and have found quite a little pile of them in the last three years or so. You will too with enough persevereance. It aint easy, but it can definitely be done.

Yeah, the dog polisher has a pull cord and is tough to start. I find it is much easier to put him is a barrel with soap and water and push it down the hill. It makes him walk funny for a few hours but his fur is very soft and clean.

And I am sorry that I misread your post...mentoRs, not mentos...big difference. My bad!

Bob

So Bob,

He gets an automatic spin dry at the end of the wash cycle...SLICK!! Gold hunting!!.. I would never have thought anyone but big companies did that now with any financial success...interesting. Thanks again Bob for the encouraging words. I've always enjoyed reading about and getting to closely inspect various meteorites. So, since having moved further west to Colorado, I'm really looking forward to meteorite hunting and rock hounding in general.

Thanks again,

Steve

• 2 months later...

I'd love to have that tool myself if you don't mind. Let me know if that is possible.

aquatech@mchsi.com