Nugget Shooter Forums

Bench Finds...Love that red dirt

Uncle Ron

Yo All...Got bored with the areas I've been hunting so I lit out for new parts today...Seems all the gulches in the general area are hammered, so I decided to try some high benches that show good mineralization and deep red dirt...I was side hilling it for a couple hundred feet then got to an area that the angle was less steep...Up under a Palo Verde I got a soft little signal...Dug it and, yep, a tiny little dink...My phone camera was maxed on memory so I couldn't get any field shots today...I gridded back and forth up the hill and, yep, another little dinkster...Two of them together total about a half gram...I continued to grid and suddenly the detector just maxed out like a big ol' nail...A very weird sound...Each time I swung ol' Baboo over it, the sound was different, but everytime it was loud!!! ... Anyhow, down only about 4" was this dense solid nugget that field dressed right at 5.0 grams....I can't wait to get back into the area...It's a bitch to get into, but well worth the long hike...Unfortunately, only studio pix tonight...Cheers, Yer Happy Unc in the Dubyah

post-9-125885486325_thumb.jpg

post-9-125885488357_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the attaboys, guys...Bert, yes, I was using the NF 14" DD XP ... I have really found a lot of gold with that coil...It goes deep and handles really hot ground well... SD2100 with Doc's signal enhancer (a must on an SD), pocket rocket and Black Widow headphones... Got back out to the red dirt hillside Sunday afternoon for nothing but a .22 bullet, the only trash I've found there...Cheers, Unc

Hey Unc, this is a stupid question from the standpoint of all the experienced guys on here, but from the standpoint of a dumb redneck from mississippi it is legitimate...what kind of component is a "pocket rocket"... what does it add to your 2100?

Thanks

Chris

Yo Chris...The Pocket Rocket is a lithium battery system that is incredibly lightweight...It provides around 7.2 - 7.4 volts to the SD2100 which boosts its audio volume which is sort of the equivalent of boosting sensitivity ... Used with Doc's signal enhancer it multiply's the SD2100's ability to "see" targets that otherwise would be overlooked...Hope this helps...Cheers, Unc

Yo Chris...The Pocket Rocket is a lithium battery system that is incredibly lightweight...It provides around 7.2 - 7.4 volts to the SD2100 which boosts its audio volume which is sort of the equivalent of boosting sensitivity ... Used with Doc's signal enhancer it multiply's the SD2100's ability to "see" targets that otherwise would be overlooked...Hope this helps...Cheers, Unc

Thanks Unc. That cleared it up for me!

Chris