Nugget Shooter Forums

More Gold Basin Meteorites

No sweating up there now the heat of the summer is gone.

As a matter of fact I put gloves on while detecting one morning cause it was so cold with the wind factor untill the sun rose high enough to start the warm up.

38, 9.8, 4.6, 4.4, 3.3, 1.6, .96, .10 = FOR A TOTAL of approx. 62 3/4 grams.

There still out there but gettin harder to SQUEEZE EM out of the ground.

Next trip for me I'll be after some gold its cool enough now to do some pickn an diggin.

Have FUN an Hapy Huntn to all.

post-562-125865988693_thumb.jpg

Aloha Frank,

Excellent job finding them specimens. I know it is getting really hard to find stuff out there, but they are still out there. Just need to be tenacious and have a litle bit of luck on your side to boot.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hot darn Frank wish I knew you were going to be out there, I would have made it out there too. I am moving into a condo a couple of miles away and will probably be busy during the next two weeks. Am going to have to take off a couple of days from work for the 12/4/09 Franconia trip to honor Jim but after that I should be free again.

Save some space rocks for me. will ya!

aloha and be safe out there,

Stan aka Kaimi

John B. ....Last time up there I thought I found my monster meteorite I've been searchin for fer years now, It turned out to be an petrofied mammoth elephant turd :angry-smiley-010[1]: BIG HOT ROCK FER SURE.

I'm still wondering about that info you gave me about a "honey hole" 2 times I've been in the area an the only thing I found was a SKUNK !!!!!! :hahaha:

I'm leavin tomorrow to spend the weekend up there and I'm gonna give it 1 more try maybe the 3rd time will hold the key to the really big one ??? :whaaaa: