Nugget Shooter Forums

My kids and I are on a project that is making a lot of concentrates with quite a bit of fine gold in it. My question is what is the best recovery method? I have a Blue Bowl but have never used one. Thanks for any ideas!

Bunk

The real answer is what is a "LOT' of concentrates. If it's really not large quanities like many 5 gal buckets, the blue bowl is the absolute best bang for the buck! One thing that is so important with the blue bowl is classify classify and classify. If you can screen your cons say with a #30 screen and most of the gold is finer, then you can save a lot of time. Next use a #100 screen...... the blue bowl will not lose any gold.

Now, if you are talking many 5 gal buckets of cons, one of the very small specialty sluices will do a great job of getting rid of most of the black sand and a small amount of gold....... a poop tube works pretty well and is cheap and easy to make.

I will catch hell for this one... but if it is really a bunch, amalgamation certainly does the trick!

When you are done, if you have large quanities, don't get rid of the black sand yet, have it assayed, there may be more old that is not visible.........

Shaker tables are probably best for large quanities, but cost is up there........

Just mytwocents[1].gif

The real answer is what is a "LOT' of concentrates. If it's really not large quanities like many 5 gal buckets, the blue bowl is the absolute best bang for the buck! One thing that is so important with the blue bowl is classify classify and classify. If you can screen your cons say with a #30 screen and most of the gold is finer, then you can save a lot of time. Next use a #100 screen...... the blue bowl will not lose any gold.

Now, if you are talking many 5 gal buckets of cons, one of the very small specialty sluices will do a great job of getting rid of most of the black sand and a small amount of gold....... a poop tube works pretty well and is cheap and easy to make.

I will catch hell for this one... but if it is really a bunch, amalgamation certainly does the trick!

When you are done, if you have large quanities, don't get rid of the black sand yet, have it assayed, there may be more old that is not visible.........

Shaker tables are probably best for large quanities, but cost is up there........

Just mytwocents[1].gif

El,

Your pharse "I will catch hell for this one... but if it is really a bunch, amalgamation certainly does the trick!", is not all that bad. In the hands of the right people amalgamation is fine. But Like you said, a shaker table is the best all around answer.

Bob :olddude:

My kids and I are on a project that is making a lot of concentrates with quite a bit of fine gold in it. My question is what is the best recovery method? I have a Blue Bowl but have never used one. Thanks for any ideas!

Bunk

Bunk,

You might want to go to the following website and check out his equipment. Some very good stuff.

http://www.angusmackirk.com/

Bob :olddude:

Bunk

Hi Guy; sent you an e-mail today about gold recovery, has my contact info.so send me an e-mail if you want more info. keep those cons coming!!

Hi Guy; sent you an e-mail today about gold recovery, has my contact info.so send me an e-mail if you want more info. keep those cons coming!!

Try a Henry Henry Poop Tube.

Old Digger, I did not get the Email, try this address, calvinbunker@yahoo.com. Thanks, Bunk

• 3 months later...

Old Digger, I did not get the Email, try this address, calvinbunker@yahoo.com. Thanks, Bunk

Hey guys, haveno been here in a while...

What caught my interest is the term of what is a lot of concentrate ?

I spent much time in 1 spot last year before I had to bail to ny to care for mom.

My plan was to process my area of i had to work in for concentrates and later reconcentrate so the gold in the pails would become cups of concentrate then run it through the blue bowl. But alas i'm stuck in nyc careing for mom.