Nugget Shooter Forums
goldnewbie

What constitutes a test

Im sorry i have so many questions but as you can tell by my name im pretty green. I also hope no one here is put off me asking these questions here instead of the other mining types forum it looks like this area is visited way more. Anyway how much dirt would you run through a drywasher to consider it an accurate test i have been running about 7 gallons im starting to think more may be necessary. Tomorrow im taking out the bigger drywasher to hit the spots i tested that produced the most gold.

Im sorry i have so many questions but as you can tell by my name im pretty green. I also hope no one here is put off me asking these questions here instead of the other mining types forum it looks like this area is visited way more. Anyway how much dirt would you run through a drywasher to consider it an accurate test i have been running about 7 gallons im starting to think more may be necessary. Tomorrow im taking out the bigger drywasher to hit the spots i tested that produced the most gold.

goldnewbie,

Most of us on this forum were green at some time. Asking questions such as yours is just about the only way your going to learn, short of having an experienced prospector with you each time you venture out. What part of the country are you prospecting?

40, 5 gallon buckets equals a yard of material. Typically I will run around 10 classified buckets of material through, then do a clean up and see how good or bad I'm doing. At 63, I have only processed about 1/2 yard of material in a day. I run a small Keene, battery operated puffer.

There have been several posts concerning just where to go, and how much material one needs to process; spend some time and read these posts. Before I go to all that's necessary to set up an operation, I will try to visit the site I'm considering a week or so before I start the big process. I'll bring home several buckets of material, marking where I got the material on the side of the bucket, and pan them out to determine the best spot I want to go back to. Each person who dry washes has their own individual way to sample, then set up an operation. You have to determine what's best for you. That's just my :twocents: on the subject.

h20prospector