Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

Political Forum

The Political forum will be removed due to some very crappy and disturbing post recently. I have not been around much lately and don't even currently have a detector other than a gold bug due to Minelab being back ordered on most gold machines right now... Yes I sold my demo to a good customer a few months back and my neck and shoulder is screwed up again so I can't really get out to hunt. Anyway I missed all the crap and since this is a gold forum the political page is history and I strongly urge NO POLITICAL CRAP at this forum. It should be a place to escape the crap we see and hear all day on the so called news.

This topic only causes hurt feelings and grown men to act like children and I will not allow it here. Lets get back to Nugget Shooting now....

Bill

Hi Bill good move on getting rid of the Political Forum. I hope your shoulder and neck heal up pretty quick.

Take care

Rich

The Political forum will be removed due to some very crappy and disturbing post recently. I have not been around much lately and don't even currently have a detector other than a gold bug due to Minelab being back ordered on most gold machines right now... Yes I sold my demo to a good customer a few months back and my neck and shoulder is screwed up again so I can't really get out to hunt. Anyway I missed all the crap and since this is a gold forum the political page is history and I strongly urge NO POLITICAL CRAP at this forum. It should be a place to escape the crap we see and hear all day on the so called news.

This topic only causes hurt feelings and grown men to act like children and I will not allow it here. Lets get back to Nugget Shooting now....

Bill

Thanks Bill.I still have the 3500 that you sold to me.I also still use my GoldBug II.We will be leaving in a few days for Az. and will stop by when were in your area.

Harry

I'm OK and will be back at it soon, just allot of changes in my life as of late that I will not burden you all with. Just life in the year 2009...

Bill

Bill,

I understand your comment about hurt feelings and grown men acting like children. I myself have fallen victim to hurt feelings and making retaliating remarks sometimes, so in that sense, good move, and I agree this forum should be a place where one can escape the reality of not finding gold, view pictures of those who have, drool over those pictures, share concepts and ideas of how and where to find the elusive yellow stuff, learning something in the process, and not argue about things we don't have control over, but that's just my :twocents: on the subject. Anyone with thoughts and comments on how to successfully use a GB2 in and around Stanton?

Oh the aches and pains that come with not being in our youth anymore, but the wisdom that comes with age is priceless.

h20prospector

Thank you so very much, we can now get back to a great forum about gold, meteorites etc............. I am sorry to see OGM's reams of excellent research gone

Thank you so very much, we can now get back to a great forum about gold, meteorites etc............. I am sorry to see OGM's reams of excellent research gone

So because of a few malcontents (DarkOne) (Bedrock al Bob), speech is no longer free. Many of the topics posted in the Political section were of high importance to us not only as Prospectors, but as Americans and yes even as humans. Many of the topics were intertwined. OGM's posts while long and windy, held content that affected both the prospecting and political area. He was correct in posting his research in the Political area, because it was, political. While I spend most of my time drywashing and metal detecting and not on a computer, it was nice to know that I could come to this site and talk with people that held my same interests or just read a post made by ignorant fools. Point being I was able to click and read, What I wanted, not what you deem I wanted.

I for one think this is a sad day for this forum and for free speech as a whole. While I certainly respect the right of the forum owners to do what they wish, I think the decision is borne from improper monitoring of individual posts and posters. Granted that it is easier to do away with the section, but it was a section that brought more people together than to separate them. Many months ago, Garimpo stated the words. "If you do not like what I post, then dont click on this section"

I always respected that analogy, on any forum and stayed away from commenting on most posts anyway. But to have a section that continually shows naked womens bodies (albeit very nice bodies) and toss out a section that covered events that affects all of us, all Americans and even the world.....seems warped.

But I think it also shows that as we age and I mean all of us, we are growing tired of hearing about the events that are surrounding us. I for one am glad that our nations forefathers did not grow tired of hearing about them and living them, or this forum probably wouldnt exist anyway.

Dear Sirs, you created a great forum that was packaged very well and sold itself. While we are all Prospectors here, we are all Americans too. We have both Prospecting and American concerns. For all the members that have posted in the Political section, you have just stated that their opinions, desires, concerns, no longer have worth. It is truly a sad day when absolute power is used.

Bill's action here is not to say that politics are not important or that they dont matter. Its to say that this is a prospecting forum and the place for political debate is somewhere else.

Its just that simple.

Chris

Bill's action here is not to say that politics are not important or that they dont matter. Its to say that this is a prospecting forum and the place for political debate is somewhere else.

Its just that simple.

Chris

Cris,

I had a thread in the political forum RE: SB 670 suction dredge ban.

It had over 3000 hits & was getting 60 or 70 a day, in the short time it was up.

That number of hits is equal to the number of all members here.

It was pertinant to the law, mining rights & how to defend them.

I had 100 hours worth of work in that data & those posts, to inform the public of SB 670 & whats wrong with it.

I did not keep copies of those posts, as I never thought they would be deleted.

It will take me 40 hours to reconstruct that data.

That is unjust & unfair as SB 670 itself is.

I sent Bill a PM, requesting that thread be resurrected, in another area, if possible.

It is constructive, not political.

I have even offered to pay him to copy & EM it to me, if possible.

So, I will wait & see.... if he answers.

Cris,

It had over 3000 hits & was getting 60 or 70 a day, in the short time it was up.

I had 100 hours worth of work in that data & those posts, to inform the public of SB 670 & whats wrong with it.

I sent Bill a PM, requesting that thread be resurrected, in another area, if possible.

I have been following this post with great interest, it is very dissapointing that it maybe lost :whaaaa: , it had a lot of great info in it and most of that info could very well be used to turn SB670 on it heels!!

I see only one reason for the "Political Forum" to get deleted, I will not mentioned any name, but that one person knows why that forum got removed, he took it upon himself to chastise another forum member in front of the entire membership of this board, this IMHO should have been done by PM if at all, I am a moderator on several other forums, but I wouldn't of tolerated his actions!

I have great respect for both of the people involved, but enough is enough.

Old Gold Miner,

I really hope you can recover all the info in your topic and post it elsewhere so it can be used to overturn SB670!!!

If you do recover the topic may I suggest the PLP Forum, GPAA Forum, 49er Mike's Forum for a start!!

Skip

I didn't see the thread on SB670, and was speaking on the general political debate as a whole.

Perhaps Bill will take a look at it.

Chris

This was NEVER a political forum and it seems that no matter what I do these days I get flak. I put up a political section against my better judgment and have received nothing but flack by email and private message. Stopping free speech? My God I just run an educational GOLD forum and there is politics everywhere on line. I will try to recover the post by old gold miner, but will not put up the political section again. There are many things and subjects not suitable for a gold forum and I intend to watch closer in the future to assure we stay on track. You want to discuss politics do it elsewhere please and do not accuse me of stopping free speech as this is a forum about GOLD and has always been moderated to keep on subject.

Bill,

Great job with the forums, and kudos for keeping everything "on topic" - I, as most here, come to interact about gold and rockhounding. This is a great place you have provided for us and it is appreciated. Don't sweat the small stuff...

Cheers!

Jeff

Edited, because Bill already answered what my original post was about, save the prospecting/mining posts and the heck with the other everyday politics....FrogMick

This was NEVER a political forum and it seems that no matter what I do these days I get flak. I put up a political section against my better judgment and have received nothing but flack by email and private message. Stopping free speech? My God I just run an educational GOLD forum and there is politics everywhere on line. I will try to recover the post by old gold miner, but will not put up the political section again. There are many things and subjects not suitable for a gold forum and I intend to watch closer in the future to assure we stay on track. You want to discuss politics do it elsewhere please and do not accuse me of stopping free speech as this is a forum about GOLD and has always been moderated to keep on subject.

Bill,

Does this mean we are going to be allowed to discuss current events, or politics, on the subjects of gold, prospecting, mining, and the laws, procedures governing these subjects, on the Nugget Shooting or Prospecting Forums?

I don't blame you for doing what you did, even though, I don't think I saw the what was said that led to your decision.

Dean

Hello Dean,

Subject matter related to mining or gold that is also political in nature is indeed allowed. The rest is not welcome here anymore since many posts not just a few have caused anger and heart ache where there should be none. Just trying to stay on track.... I am very passonate about the issues facing our country as are we all, but I come here to escape for a bit.

Good move Bill. And I hope things start going your way in everyday life. :thumbsupanim :twocents:

Cris,

I completely understand the reasons for removal of the political forum and I think it is legitimate and probably had to be done. However, oldgoldminer, I hope your posts were backed up somewhere and that you can at least get a copy of your personal research. Maybe you could then post it elsewhere on the net, that is A LOT of time, work and research to be flushed down the toilet.

Huh, I just noticed if you scroll down to the bottom of the opening page of the forum that all the posts I ever made in the political forum are listed out. So, maybe anyone still has access to their own previous posts in that forum.

Hey old gold miner your post and hard work can now be found here in the gold forum.... Saved it for ya. Hey Rex it is because I recovered it to find the thread in question.

Bill

Hey old gold miner your post and hard work can now be found here in the gold forum.... Saved it for ya. Hey Rex it is because I recovered it to find the thread in question.

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for the recovery!!!! :thumbsupanim :wubu:

That is some very good info and I glad you could get it back, I know that Old Gold Miner will be very pleased!! :D

Skip

Bill--We are GUESTS in your home(forum) and you are the founder of the feast. My bud GO has done something close on his forum by demanding ALL POLITICS in the politics forum only. I like the forum much as I'm seriously considering AZ & ID as a annual home on the road. Thanks a lot for saving the info as I forgot to copy page 6 info for the SEIR. I apologize for any trouble I may have caused with my kalif dredging blazing po'd ripped off posts-your game /your rules sir-much respect always-John Oates

Bill has kept this place a great forum and I respect his move to remove the affending forum.

Could there possibly a "Land Use" forum?

No guns, no girls ,no presidents, no racisum, no jokes, no politics? Just the issues that affect our access to the lands and the laws trying to change them. As a group we need to stay polorised on these topics.

Could there????

Bill has kept this place a great forum and I respect his move to remove the affending forum.

Could there possibly a "Land Use" forum?

No guns, no girls ,no presidents, no racisum, no jokes, no politics? Just the issues that affect our access to the lands and the laws trying to change them. As a group we need to stay polorised on these topics.

Could there????

Possibly.... Feel like becoming a Moderator?

Mr Southern...Good to see you again...

as you know by knowledge and sad experience; you will never please everyone, so you got to please yourself...

thank you for the forums I enjoy them a bunch!

Fred