Nugget Shooter Forums

November's starting out pretty good

Uncle Ron

Yo All...I've been getting out to various place in the Wickenburg goldfields with pretty good results...Found a schist vein on a hill side that got me all excited but it ended up producing only 3 1.5 gram nuggies each from down in the vein about 6 inches ... The material was rotten and I went back and dug up a bunch of the vein for no more results... Also found a 3 gram and a 6 gram piece in a nearby wash and way downwash from those two I found a nice little 1 grammer...The 3 grammer was down in the wash a measured 16"...Ol' Baboo just whispered in my ear about it...All in all a fun week, but I think I've pounded the area to death...The only target in the whole gold producing area have been gold...No trash at all...Cheers, Unc

post-9-125770080231_thumb.jpg

post-9-125770083078_thumb.jpg

Yo All...I've been getting out to various place in the Wickenburg goldfields with pretty good results...Found a schist vein on a hill side that got me all excited but it ended up producing only 3 1.5 gram nuggies each from down in the vein about 6 inches ... The material was rotten and I went back and dug up a bunch of the vein for no more results... Also found a 3 gram and a 6 gram piece in a nearby wash and way downwash from those two I found a nice little 1 grammer...The 3 grammer was down in the wash a measured 16"...Ol' Baboo just whispered in my ear about it...All in all a fun week, but I think I've pounded the area to death...The only target in the whole gold producing area have been gold...No trash at all...Cheers, Unc

WTG Ron, You have been busy & Lucky to boot,That red one looks like those nuggets found in Australia. I sure need a gold fix, no chance for a fix for me, so yours will haft to do. Keep them coming. chuck,tx.

Hi Don...Here's a pic that shows the vein and one of the nuggets ... It was really interesting...The nuggets all were associated with tiny little quartz stringers (1/8") on one side and the schist on the other ... There's lots of schist in the area, but the part that carried was reddish in color while the barren part were gray ... I assume it indicates a zone of oxidation that favors the deposition of gold ...

post-9-125770832827_thumb.jpg

Hi Don...Here's a pic that shows the vein and one of the nuggets ... It was really interesting...The nuggets all were associated with tiny little quartz stringers (1/8") on one side and the schist on the other ... There's lots of schist in the area, but the part that carried was reddish in color while the barren part were gray ... I assume it indicates a zone of oxidation that favors the deposition of gold ...

Ron the one I found last year was about that size but much deeper..I found it beeping..did you

find this one eyeballing or beeping?....

Yo Don, Mike & John... I didn't speck these and the later one's I found today... Found them all down 6 to 8 inches in the crumbly rotten bedrock, up on the side of a hill...Kind of a new experience beeping up lode gold instead of placer...I've never really done this before, but it sure is fun... I thought I had it all found a couple days ago, but went back this afternoon and found a couple more totalling 2.2 DWT in short order right where I'd been hunting before...Slow, slow, slow and low is the ticket ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-125783326427_thumb.jpg

post-9-12578333448_thumb.jpg