Nugget Shooter Forums

Jesse James Hidden Gold

Allen in MT

History Channel to air "Jesse James Hidden Gold".

Monday Nov. 9th 8:00 PM

Tuesday Nov. 10th 12:00 AM

By the time Jesse James was killed in 1882, he'd stolen over a million and a half dollars according to some estimates--gold, coins and cash that could be worth over $50 million today. History often paints James as a clever outlaw who stole money to finance a lavish criminal lifestyle. Was Jesse really stealing for himself, or was he actually secreting away large sums of wealth, in order to finance one of the most clandestine secret societies in American history? Follow a team of treasure hunters searching for where he stashed his riches... and a new truth about Jesse James.

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the reminder!

My mother in law's family lived down in one of JJ's haunts, had to supply fresh horses to the same, whether they wanted to or not.

While visiting the general area, I happened onto a blind canyon, deeper than I wanted to attempt a climb into.

I noticed a very weathered log that had been long in place, across the narrowing end of the canyon. The interesting part about this old log, was that there was a groove worn in the middle of the log, indicating some lifting/lowering of something. Never went back, but always wondered what had been going on out in this very remote area...

Have a curious day...!

~LARGO~

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the reminder!

My mother in law's family lived down in one of JJ's haunts, had to supply fresh horses to the same, whether they wanted to or not.

While visiting the general area, I happened onto a blind canyon, deeper than I wanted to attempt a climb into.

I noticed a very weathered log that had been long in place, across the narrowing end of the canyon. The interesting part about this old log, was that there was a groove worn in the middle of the log, indicating some lifting/lowering of something. Never went back, but always wondered what had been going on out in this very remote area...

Have a curious day...!

~LARGO~

Hi Largo...about 40 years or so ago I started researching many of the JJ stories published by authors that actually knew little or nothing about the famous outlaw...but it did make good reading....having lived in Oklahoma all my life where the James boys were susposed to have stached much of their plunder was a +/- for a researcher...Frank James was susposed to have lived and died while living in Oklahoma...the short of it is I did a lot of detecting in areas that were susposed to have held the James gang loot...I dug up a lot of broken plows...pieces of pot bellied stoves...hubs and axles of wagons...and now and then a old pistol or rifle case that had been fired...NEVER ANY LOOT....

Well, chalk one up for ole dumass largo...

he got carried away, told a great story, but it wasn't JJ's haunt he wrote about, it was

really Butch Cassidy's bunch in Utah...

As the saying goes..."the story is true, names have been changed to protect the innocent..."

sorry guys... :shrug:

Well, chalk one up for ole dumass largo...

he got carried away, told a great story, but it wasn't JJ's haunt he wrote about, it was

really Butch Cassidy's bunch in Utah...

As the saying goes..."the story is true, names have been changed to protect the innocent..."

sorry guys... :shrug:

You stopped me just in time...I was packing my bags to go and look for that log with the rope burns....in one of the small caves that JJ was susposed to have used I did find a pocket knife burried but it was a much more modern knife than he would have had...got me excited for a while...

Great, Had this great knife on flea bay without much luck for some reason, No history, people have no imagination, they wont a knife with established history, & you fellows just supplied one, Thanks a bunch.

Jessy James old faithful Winchester knife he used to cut bullets out & what ever. Need to insert history in my add. chuck,tx.

Large Cattleman's knife, made by Winchester, This knife has been around the block a few times & has a lot of history just waiting to be told, so tell it. The makers stamp is not to clear & is hard to read, so if you buy you can call it what ever you wont.

This knife is in great shape, The blades don't show any signs of ever being sharpened and have a beautiful petunia (early American rust) & are real friendly. They wave to everybody. This knife comes with no handles so you can attach bone wood, plastic, leather, or what ever floats your boat.

This beauty wont last long & will make a great addition to your collection...

MAKE OFFER,,,,,, chuck

post-873-125763633916_thumb.jpg