Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost Dutchmans Gold Mine

Goldfinger

:arrowheadsmiley: 100% hoax. It has been proven through spectrographic and gas CR that the ore was stolen(highgraded) from the mine he was foreman at. He simply stole lots and lots of ore and claimed he found it later at his LOST MINE. Early american scheme-righteous for the time. Now we can tell you where a specimen came from as all mines have a thumbprint as to actual composition of hundreds of minerals and makes tracing relatively easy as long as comparable specimens are found. sorry-but it was fun while it lasted. I have to admit I sold many 100's a books on the subject till I found out the truth---then lies go to the shredder-tons a au 2 u2 -John :stupidrb:

Any chance of posting a link to your info John? How did they verify the gold samples, where did they get them? - Terry

:arrowheadsmiley: 100% hoax. It has been proven through spectrographic and gas CR that the ore was stolen(highgraded) from the mine he was foreman at. He simply stole lots and lots of ore and claimed he found it later at his LOST MINE. Early american scheme-righteous for the time. Now we can tell you where a specimen came from as all mines have a thumbprint as to actual composition of hundreds of minerals and makes tracing relatively easy as long as comparable specimens are found. sorry-but it was fun while it lasted. I have to admit I sold many 100's a books on the subject till I found out the truth---then lies go to the shredder-tons a au 2 u2 -John :stupidrb:

After I read that he was on the payroll at the Vulture. I figured that he was just a thief and went into Phoenix which was a quite a distance away. To spend his loot. And of course he told every one that he found it in the opposite direction. Hell I figured that out all on my own many years ago. Just a case of human nature. Still happens today!!! When somone tells me they found gold "over there" I know to go the other direction. Works for me. Rusty <_<

arrowheadsmiley.png 100% hoax. It has been proven through spectrographic and gas CR that the ore was stolen(highgraded) from the mine he was foreman at. He simply stole lots and lots of ore and claimed he found it later at his LOST MINE. Early american scheme-righteous for the time. Now we can tell you where a specimen came from as all mines have a thumbprint as to actual composition of hundreds of minerals and makes tracing relatively easy as long as comparable specimens are found. sorry-but it was fun while it lasted. I have to admit I sold many 100's a books on the subject till I found out the truth---then lies go to the shredder-tons a au 2 u2 -John withstupidsmiley.gif

I believe John is correct.

Bigfoot already found the Dutchmans mine and sacked it. A friend of mine saw Bigfoot leaving the location carrying a strongbox marked LDM and throw it in his flying saucer. He says he doesn't expect him to be back anytime soon.:)

Bigfoot already found the Dutchmans mine and sacked it. A friend of mine saw Bigfoot leaving the location carrying a strongbox marked LDM and throw it in his flying saucer. He says he doesn't expect him to be back anytime soon.smile.gif

OK! Now I believe Earl is correct. confused0082[1].gif

I think it could be true. The question is, is it in the superstition mountain or in a number of places around the superstition

mountain. I've only been in the superstition mountain a few times and I've seen places might carry gold but didn't found any. I was some 8mi from the superstition mountain and found 2oz of rose quartz. That could very well be from the Lost Wagoner's Rose Quartz. I found it with in miles of where it's said that Wagoner was dropped off the stage. I thought this was Wagoner gold but I'm thinking that maybe his gold was up the hill more. But here's a picture of the gold.

post-184-125801996858_thumb.jpg

post-184-125801998603_thumb.jpg

According to the story- the so called mine is somewhere near Weavers Needle since you're supposed to be able to see it from the mine itself. So it would have to be in the Superstitions. Of course over time- who knows how many different versions have appeared since the original story.

Steve

The Lost Dutchman has always been low on my list of "lost" mines I'd go looking for, simply because so much of the story and so many of the people surrounding it seem too suspect. There are a lot of other lost mines in Arizona I'll look for before I look for it. (Personally, the Lost Adams Diggings is the one that always sparked my interest....but I'm reasonably confident that one has been found).

Guest bedrock bob

I was waiting for someone to mention Adam's Diggings. There are many who still search for this mine in New Mexico. There are a couple who claim to have found it. The town "Adams Diggings", Sno-ta-hay canyon, and all of the stories fit in an area just north of Datil. FOlks have been searching here since the 1800's for it an dthose folks have found a hell of a lot of gold and clues, but no proof that this was indeed Adams Diggings.

So how do you figure that one has been found? (I saw the documentary on T.V., no gold in that canyon so my two cents is that is not the Adams Diggings).

Bob

According to the story- the so called mine is somewhere near Weavers Needle since you're supposed to be able to see it from the mine itself. So it would have to be in the Superstitions. Of course over time- who knows how many different versions have appeared since the original story.

Steve

Hey

Right where I found that 2oz I can see Weavers Needle. There is another place I believe the mine could be, it's to the North and I can see it as well.

Hey

Right where I found that 2oz I can see Weavers Needle. There is another place I believe the mine could be, it's to the North and I can see it as well.

Dishonest is not a virtue, but a character defect and malady of the soul.

I am glad to see some of you folks think my mine is gone or a hoax.....makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

On another note, I really couldn't say. I spent most of my childhood following my father into the superstitions in search of the dutchman mine. If anything it always added adventure to the family overnight outings ;)

I am planning to go back into the hills for some fun in the near future, but have been warned by others that there are some crazy people back in there now days.

Can anyone confirm this...about the lunatics that roam the hills now days?

Were some of the Peralta family mines within sight of Weaver's Needle? It is also said Apaches buried some pretty rich mines after running them off long ago? I say who really knows cept a dead man..... :eee:

Sure makes for a good story though.

Guest bedrock bob

I am glad to see some of you folks think my mine is gone or a hoax.....makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

On another note, I really couldn't say. I spent most of my childhood following my father into the superstitions in search of the dutchman mine. If anything it always added adventure to the family overnight outings ;)

I am planning to go back into the hills for some fun in the near future, but have been warned by others that there are some crazy people back in there now days.

Can anyone confirm this...about the lunatics that roam the hills now days?

I can certainly attest to the lunatics roaming the hills. I roam the hills regularly and I am a certified lunatic. So yeah, there are lunatics in them thar hills.

I go to the Superstitions every year (not to prospect) and when I am there it is certainly full of lunatics. There may be room for even more lunatics because I have never bumped in to anyone else while I was there.

Bob

I can certainly attest to the lunatics roaming the hills. I roam the hills regularly and I am a certified lunatic. So yeah, there are lunatics in them thar hills.

I go to the Superstitions every year (not to prospect) and when I am there it is certainly full of lunatics. There may be room for even more lunatics because I have never bumped in to anyone else while I was there.

Bob

Bob, I guess when I mentioned lunatics, I should have used a different word. I was told there are some not so nice people in the hills and I should go there well armed. With what I have been told these are possibly the type that would rob you or kill you, so this is why I ask.

I do not know how true it is, but I thought I would be safe then sorry.

I always go armed and so does my wife. I would like to have a trip in there and not have worry about any type of confrontation....so to speak ;)

Guest bedrock bob

Bob, I guess when I mentioned lunatics, I should have used a different word. I was told there are some not so nice people in the hills and I should go there well armed. With what I have been told these are possibly the type that would rob you or kill you, so this is why I ask.

I always go armed and so does my wife. I would like to have a trip in there and not have worry about any type of confrontation....so to speak ;)

Wow, I am not that kind of lunatic. I am just your standard run of the mill crazy. You know...voices in the head, vivid dreams, radio signals from outer space...the ususal stuff. No desire to rob or kill unless it is the third Tuesday in February.

I haven't heard of anyone in the Superstitions that desire to rob or kill. If you DO hear of this let me know because I have a game tag for those critters. I hear they taste just like chicken....

Bedrock Bob

I have found gold nuggets in the East facing tributaries leading directly off of a hill with some Spanish symbols etched in stone at the top. Below is a picture of the glyphs. This area has gold and several references to ancient gold mines. Don't know if there is any treasure, but gold nuggets abound. Anyone have any idea what these symbols meen?

post-13960-125841613853_thumb.jpg

No it's safe. These days lots of hikers.

Infrared photo's can show you the way,if anything was ever there to begin with?????...Believe most lost mine stories were just someone perhaps finding a specimen of rich float...Read the state mining reports and think about this,most hardock mines in Arizona were shallow deposits.Many had short,shallow ore shoots..easily gotten to and removed with just hand tools,and of course much sweat and ball-brea....