Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Allen in MT

The weather was great

Went up to the mine today to get a tree out of the way where my cabin is going and get some dirt moved to the cabin pad. Got a year round creek that runs about 10 ft from where cabin will go.

Behindcabinis creek full of old dredge tailings and tunnels, shafts, and prospect holes form the late 1800's to the 1940's.

The Amish are going to build it for us in the spring, nothing big.

One picture with truck in it is from the front forch area, one is looking back up creek at tailing piles, one with creek beside pad and of course the loader moving dirt.

One picture of Trommel operation and other is cleaning out one of the settling ponds.

The guys just got set up late this summer so it was a short season, but not bad.This is about 1/2 mile below where my cabin will be. The day was great, 63 & sunny.

Can't wait till spring.

e&hagd

Allen in MT

post-227-125747748142_thumb.jpg

post-227-125747757363_thumb.jpg

post-227-125747775731_thumb.jpg

post-227-125747781441_thumb.jpg

post-227-12574780046_thumb.jpg

post-227-125747803422_thumb.jpg

:inocent: Looks like your on your way to a righteous time. 1 question-did you say creek 10' from cabin?? <_< might be a mite close for gulley washers and high waters?? Sure ain't kalif--you'd spend years and millions trying to do that!! tons a au 2 u 2 -John

:inocent: Looks like your on your way to a righteous time. 1 question-did you say creek 10' from cabin?? <_< might be a mite close for gulley washers and high waters?? Sure ain't kalif--you'd spend years and millions trying to do that!! tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Hi John

The creek is a spring fed creek and never gets big even during the spring run off. The cabin will be 5+ feet above the creek. This is all private land and is a good gold area.

The largest know nugget to come from here is right at 35 oz. The largest I have found was just shy of an ounce. I get to check all the dig holes at the mine to see if they are leaving anything behind. Anything over an ounce in size I split with the owner and keep anything under an ounce.

I had the same deal at another mine and one day in about 2 hours time found over an ounce in many pieces and felt guilty and split it with the owner. I always let them know if I find anything. Am willing to split everything just to have the opportunity to do this.

Allen

Hi John

The creek is a spring fed creek and never gets big even during the spring run off. The cabin will be 5+ feet above the creek. This is all private land and is a good gold area.

The largest know nugget to come from here is right at 35 oz. The largest I have found was just shy of an ounce. I get to check all the dig holes at the mine to see if they are leaving anything behind. Anything over an ounce in size I split with the owner and keep anything under an ounce.

I had the same deal at another mine and one day in about 2 hours time found over an ounce in many pieces and felt guilty and split it with the owner. I always let them know if I find anything. Am willing to split everything just to have the opportunity to do this.

Allen

Allen,

Looking at those pictures and what your doing makes me down right jealous, even though one is not supposed to be jealous of another person's possessions.

To my knowledge, Colorado doesn't have anything in the way of the size of gold your recovering.

Keep it up, and show pictures of your finds there. Make us all jealous and drool.

h20prospector