Nugget Shooter Forums

New Crusher(circa 1907)

Just a small sampling mill,not production unit.But alas my partner Kuger and I only run high grade rock from our pocket hunting.All set up now with a half horse power washing machine motor,adjusting slots in the angle iron for belt tension.Took apart the main bearing and re-greased,very little scoring on it.Oiled all the other moving parts with 40 weight oil.My neighbor Ron,from Az did all the work.Don't know his last name but he's an old minin man with claims and lot's of know how.Hopefully Kuger will post various pics of the unit after moving to his house.http://www.facebook.com/david.s.wiseman?ref=profileĀ 

Just crushed some rock from the "Fortune Hole",havent got a chance to pan it yet,but what a joy to watch that little thing go!!!I have to say it has its place but I wont miss the Ole Mortar and Pestle!!!Thanks Dave!I will get some pics up soon

Chris,the fellow Ron who did all the work on it.Motor, cutting adjusting slots in the angle iron,repacking the bearing,welding angle iron feet on the motor stand said the hardfacing on the plates is good for now.Can also be hand cranked......Matt,hope to get you and Kuger together for a field trip.

Yes Dave and Matt we will have to all get together and feed our little friend!I crushed some rock with her last night and my arms didnt even get tired!!!!I didnt feel right not pounding the ole'pestle!!!(but I will get used to it)Pretty cool to just watch it go.Thanks Dave,and I will get some pics when I get a chance.

Sawmill,just ran it once when I was present for a few minutes.Seems to make 25%-40% powder and the rest about quarter inch flat chips.It's over at Kugers house at this time.Still could use that Av crusher?A local fellow surprised me yesterday morning by stopping me on the road and handing me a 5 gallon bucket of rusty mineralized quartz he wants sampled.A quick glance produced chalcopyrite sulphides,iron pyrites and mica.This from the east belt of the motherlode,where often black-bluish-smokey/rose quartz is sometimes rich......AuTsaurus Greg,the old chap still working on that odd stamp mill.He had it done but the side beams wracked and the cam broke.I'm not a camera guy,will ask Kuger to get pics you requested.Is that Greg born in taurus or tsoris as in troubles?........Dave.