Nugget Shooter Forums

Weekend of Dec 5th Paleface Day

Sounds like there will be a few people there.

Looks like there will be a pot luck on Sat evening. time??????

Camping at the 1st flat area over the overpass on right.

Some want to donate to the park bench in Kingman others to having a plaque at Frankonia.

anything else to think of??? other than good weather

Allen in AZMT

Aloha Allen,

I believe the camping spot is about 1 1/2 miles in from the highway. I would give you some gps coords buy my rino 120 is getting refurbished at garmin. Does anyone out there have the gps camp coords?

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aloha Allen,

I believe the camping spot is about 1 1/2 miles in from the highway. I would give you some gps coords buy my rino 120 is getting refurbished at garmin. Does anyone out there have the gps camp coords?

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Stan

I know where the one is you are refering to, thought maybe the other would be closer to the north side. Where ever you folks want I will be there.

Allen

Mike and I will be there either late friday night or early saturday morning. I am not sure who is putting this together but I would just like to verify The date of the 5th and 6th for sure, because I have to get the days off in advance. This is a great idea and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Jim was very a big help to me and many others. His knowledge seemed endless on the subject of meteorites. I learned so much from Jim and he will surely be missed by many many people.

Paul Desilets

Yes it is the weekend of Dec 5 & 6 at Frankonia and is a hunt in memory of Paleface (aka Jim Smaller, you know the big gentle guy that was always giving a helping hand and pointing the way for others.

Reg gathering spot 1 1/2 mile south of overpass, forgot about all those trains.

Potluck Sat. at 5pm

The pic of Jim I got from Ruben aka Mr-Meteorite

See you there.

Allen

post-227-125772110256_thumb.jpg

Allen, only thing wrong with being closer to the N side is the trains....about every 17 min or so...kind noisy at night.

So I guess we can vote...reg camp site or the closer one....

my vote is the reg camp site as it was where I got a lot of INFO from JIM

Aloha Allen,

Great pic of Jim. Going to be hard not seeing him and his pointy finger out there at Franconia. Mahalo for the pic.

aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

I'm planning on coming for sure, hopefully nothing comes up that would prevent me from going. I think probably the best place to have this is the normal campsite located at these coordinates- N34 42.730 W114 14.113

See you all there!

Del

Personally, I think those wanting a memorial to Jim should honor the family's wishes and donate to that fund...

First, because they would have the best idea of how to honor him.

Second, I doubt a plaque can be planted on BLM land without special permission.

Third, some moron will no doubt shoot or steal it if it is brass or appears to be of value.

I realize the sentment is well intended and I respect those good intentions...

just my opinion...

I hope I can make it but don't know yet...

Fred Mason

Personally, I think those wanting a memorial to Jim should honor the family's wishes and donate to that fund...

First, because they would have the best idea of how to honor him.

Second, I doubt a plaque can be planted on BLM land without special permission.

Third, some moron will no doubt shoot or steal it if it is brass or appears to be of value.

I realize the sentment is well intended and I respect those good intentions...

just my opinion...

I hope I can make it but don't know yet...

Fred Mason

I was wondering the same thing, I think the park bench that the family is doing is a fine Idea. We could probably take up a collection there to get to Sue to help with the costs.

Allen in MT

I have to agree about the park bench, I know I have seen Jim in the park just swinging

away with his detector.......

There is no way I can ever look at one of my meteorites and not think of Jim.

He has inspired and instructed a lot of folks in hunting them.

I look forward to gathering with his friends and giving a toast around the camp fire in his Honor...

Aloha Rick,

I should be arriving early saturday morning and heading straight out to the field. Save me a spot at the campsite. As far as having a toast around the campfire later that night I am having some Kava Kava mailed to me this week so I can prepare some for the "Big Guy". Need to send him some ALOHA and this is my way of saying MAHALO for helping me out with them meteorite finds of mine. Sure am going to miss him.

Aloha and be safe out there,

Stan aka Ka'imibanged.gif

Stan I plan on getting there early Sat morning, got to get camp set then hunt some.

I plan on hunting over some ground I have hunted just this time I am going to go "low and slow".......see everyone on the 5th of Dec.

Nate as far as I know we will be in the usual spot. at least I will be. I have a meeting on Friday or I would be there then, I will be there early Sat morning.

I was wondering the same thing, I think the park bench that the family is doing is a fine Idea. We could probably take up a collection there to get to Sue to help with the costs.

Allen in MT

Hi Everyone-

Anyone know how to make a donation for the park bench?

Steve

STEVE contact Sue Smaller Jims widow at 928-753-2556

As Frank mentioned you can get ahold of Sue and she will give you her address to mail contribution to. Don't feel right giving out her address on forum

Sue has talked to the park personnel and has a bench picked out and has an engraver that will do the scribing for it. She is really appreciative of all the support shown to Jim.

See you all on Sat Dec. 5th,

Allen in MT

Gettin' closer to the 5th, looking forward to getting out again and meet old friends and making new ones.....

temps going to be in mid 60's day and mid 40's night....not bad at all.

see everyone there.

Getting closer to time for the outing......

I have already started packing to go......

See ya all in a few days