Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allen in MT

Weekend of Dec 5th Paleface Day

Frankonia Sat. Dec 5th or that weekend 5th-6th ??

1st parking area over the overpass on the right ?? or in the field ??

Remembering Jim Smaller

I'll be there on Sat. anyone else????

Allen in MT

Allen, Jim will be in my thoughts as I can't make it that weekend. Have a good time, Jason. ;)

Allen I will do my best to make it out there. Jim will be missed , but his spirit will be there.

I don't anyone that knew him can go to Franconia and not think of him in some way.

Allen; I am a big maybe at this point, I will commit solidly asap that I can.

Jim is certainly worthy of any and all memorials...

fred

Hi Allen, count me in. But, is it possible to make it sooner, maybe the 28th of this month ??? If not, then I'll be there on the 5th. :thumbsupanim

Jim sure will be missed....

jim "bones" :cry2:

Count me in! I'll see you all out there.

Aloha,

No matter the date, I will be there for sure. Jim needs to be shown how much we miss him. I for one will certainly miss his stories and unbounding knowledge that he was always will to share with everyone.

Aloha Jim and God Bless,

Stan aka Kaimi

guys count me in let me know what days for sure

You can count me in, maybe we should do a potluck dinner one night, kinda like the GB outings.

Travis

A pot luck sounds good, might want to do it on Sat since that seems like when most will be there.

A pot luck sounds good, might want to do it on Sat since that seems like when most will be there.

Should we do it like the GB outings. Everyone bring a shared side dish and bring your own meat to grill.

ALLEN,MAUREEN AND I WILL BE THERE FOR SURE

HARRY

I went to our local club meeting tonight and sat in Jims seat I usually sit next to him but his chair was empty and our other buddy was there to sit next to and talk, well the first ticket the treasurer picked for the raffel on a gold nuglet was mine,I say nuglet cause it was a small one. Jim is shining down on me Thats how I feel I had'nt had a ticket drawn in at least 6 months. Our club is donating 100.00 towards a memorial park bench at a Kingman park Jim frequented as donations for this have been requested by his wife.

I will be at this hunt in memory of him and also hope to see and meet others that I have only known from the forum online. Take care all an hapy huntn.

Count me in I will be there. I cant tell you how much Jim inspired me,he was always helpful.

He will truly me missed.

Mike

I went to our local club meeting tonight and sat in Jims seat I usually sit next to him but his chair was empty and our other buddy was there to sit next to and talk, well the first ticket the treasurer picked for the raffel on a gold nuglet was mine,I say nuglet cause it was a small one. Jim is shining down on me Thats how I feel I had'nt had a ticket drawn in at least 6 months. Our club is donating 100.00 towards a memorial park bench at a Kingman park Jim frequented as donations for this have been requested by his wife.

I will be at this hunt in memory of him and also hope to see and meet others that I have only known from the forum online. Take care all an hapy huntn.

Aloha Frank,

What a great idea to honor Jim! I am sure the bench will cost more than $100 so how do we make a contribution? Who do we have to contact?

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

I dont know the legal roadblocks but can we do something like a bronze memorial plack at Franconia for Paleface? Franconia was one of Jim's favorite spots. :twocents:

STAN and anyone else concerned you can contact his wife Sue Smaller at 909 753 2556 thats Kingman AZ. Tell her Frank C. had you get in touch with her. Thanks.

Jim liked to hunt the park with his detector.

I dont know the legal roadblocks but can we do something like a bronze memorial plack at Franconia for Paleface? Franconia was one of Jim's favorite spots. :twocents:

Dustin I think that would be a great idea.Lets keep the ball rolling on this.

Harry

I new Paleface from the forum. He sure seemed like a great guy, and very free with good advice. I can see from all the posts, that he is held in the highest esteem. As his wife alluded to, he is probably hanging out in the astroid belt right now. I probably won't be able to make it Dec., still no 4 gear on my trannie. Hold a drink high in tribute to Paleface for me. Thanks, Clifton

I am getting quotes for the plaque now. I will need a good photo for the Bas Relief. The first qoute I got is listed below but i am still trying to find a better price. Hopefully we can erect the plaque at the parking area so all that come can see it and remember Jim for the man that he was.

TO THE PRICE BELOW Add $395.00 for Each Photo image in black and white or color (not three dimensional)

SOLID BRONZE 10"x 8" would be $357.00 (RAISED GOLD LETTERS) SOLID ALUMINUM 10"x 8" would be $300.00 (RAISED SILVER LETTERS)

Dustin I think that would be a great idea.Lets keep the ball rolling on this.

Harry

Found the best place to order it. Here is what they sent me. Anyone that has a good pic of Jim "Paleface" Smaller w/ his detector please email it to me my yahoo adress is freelancer79d@yahoo.com

Dustin,

Thank you for your request. A 8" x 11" cast bronze plaque would be $240.00.

The wording you have will fit on a 8" x 11". If you want to add a Bas Relief Sculpture you will need to add on at least 8" to the plaque length because the relief will be around 5-6" high. That would make the plaque a 8" wide by 20" high plaque for $372.00. A hand sculpted Bas Relief would be $900.00 in addition to the plaque. I have also attached a samples of a flat relief portrait (around $300.00) a full color photo ($165.00), a bronze etching ($300.00). Each price would be in addition to the plaque price.

A 6' post would be $140.00. Another option would be a stake welded to the back of the plaque 15" $35.00, 24" $50.00, and a 36" would be $85.00. Let me know what you decide and I will be happy to send you the quote and a proof for your review.

Thank you so much!!

Cynthia Linnon

President, Franklin Bronze Plaques

191 Howard Street Franklin, PA 16323

clinnon@franklinbronzeplaques.com

814-346-7205 ph   814-346-7047 fax

"Our company strives to offer exceptional customer service. If you have any problems or concerns during your ordering process, delivery, or with product quality, please don't hesitate to notify me personally."

I am getting quotes for the plaque now. I will need a good photo for the Bas Relief. The first qoute I got is listed below but i am still trying to find a better price. Hopefully we can erect the plaque at the parking area so all that come can see it and remember Jim for the man that he was.

TO THE PRICE BELOW Add $395.00 for Each Photo image in black and white or color (not three dimensional)

SOLID BRONZE 10"x 8" would be $357.00 (RAISED GOLD LETTERS) SOLID ALUMINUM 10"x 8" would be $300.00 (RAISED SILVER LETTERS)

About 28 days until this outing....Don't forget to bring some firewood if you are planning to stay overnight.

I will bring some baked beans as a side dish....anyone else.

:thumbsupanim :whoope:

I'll bring my famous potatoes..... :ph34r2:

See you all there..... :whaaaa:

jim "bones" :ROFL:

Hay guys so we gonna met up at the unseal camp sight ? and ill be up there the 4th thought Sunday

Sounds like there will be a few people there.

Looks like there will be a pot luck on Sat evening. time??????

Camping at the 1st flat area over the overpass on right.

Some want to donate to the park bench in Kingman others to having a plaque at Frankonia.

anything else to think of??? other than good weather

Allen in AZMT