Nugget Shooter Forums

Section by Section with LR2000

knowitall2b

So you've just read Bill Southern's article "San Domingo Placers" and you decide to research the area Bill mentions using LR2000. If you are like me you have found that searching each section of a township and range for active claims returns good results. But resetting the criteria for 36 sections can be a real pain in the patootie if you hit the reset button. There is an easier way to achieve a section by section search which I use.

I start with a text document on which I can record my finds section by section. I copy and paste the township, range and section, (e.g. 07N 03W §0) adding the 1 through 9 and then changing the §0 to §1 and adding the 0 through 9, etc, with each paste. And I save this document with each data addition. I also make a folder into which I save the reports of active claims as pdf documents.

post-22053-125711981106_thumb.jpg

I keep the opened list accessible on the desktop, resized as necessary and open my browser to LR2000 (http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/), also resized as necessary. The following describes the steps I take after I've set the Mandatory Criteria for a section's first search, and the examples in the images are taken as the steps occurred between the report of the second section having been completed and the short-cut to setting the criteria for the next section.

After the Report window has been closed you are at the LR2000 page from which the report was run. If you hit the Reset button you can run another report, but you will need to reset all the criteria.

post-22053-125711987868_thumb.jpg

Instead I click the Set button next to "Meridian Township Range Section ..." the third button down which takes me to the page where I can make the changes for the next section. I double click on the previous search in the MTR List box (yellow highlight in image) and that puts that data into the field next to the Red X and Green √

post-22053-125712006784_thumb.jpg

I then change the Section accordingly, in this instance from 002 to 003 and then click the Remove button to the left of the MTR List window. This allows me an opportunity to make sure I haven't made an error such as getting out of sequence and clears the data from the previous search.

post-22053-125712028792_thumb.jpg

The next step is to click the Green √ which removes the newly edited data from the edit field and places it into the MTR List box.

post-22053-125712031132_thumb.jpg

I then click Run Report and record the results on my list and save the report to the folder if it has active claims. And repeat the process for the next section.

I have found this saves a lot of time and reduces entry errors. If you have a better way to do a section by section search please share.

LR 2000 GEO INDEX

CLICK PDF

PRINT OUT ALL SECTIONS

ALSO PRINT OUT BLM MTP

STAPLE ALL OF IT TOGATHER

PACKET INCLUDES EXISTING CLAIMS TO THE 1/4 SECTION & ALL LAND STATUS

ON USPD, OPEN TO MINERAL ENTRY, WHERE NO EXISTING CLAIMS CONFLICT

USE A GREEN COLORED HIGHLIGHTER, TO HIGHLITE OPEN AREA'S

PRINT OUT USGS TOPO, HIGHLITE THE SAME.

USE TOPO SOFTWARE TO SET GPS POINTS ON TOPO MAP.

WITH GPS IN HAND (or laptop) YOU ARE NOW SET TO GO TAKE A LOOK SEE.............. :olddude:

LR 2000 GEO INDEX

CLICK PDF

PRINT OUT ALL SECTIONS

ALSO PRINT OUT BLM MTP

STAPLE ALL OF IT TOGATHER

PACKET INCLUDES EXISTING CLAIMS TO THE 1/4 SECTION & ALL LAND STATUS

ON USPD, OPEN TO MINERAL ENTRY, WHERE NO EXISTING CLAIMS CONFLICT

USE A GREEN COLORED HIGHLIGHTER, TO HIGHLITE OPEN AREA'S

PRINT OUT USGS TOPO, HIGHLITE THE SAME.

USE TOPO SOFTWARE TO SET GPS POINTS ON TOPO MAP.

WITH GPS IN HAND (or laptop) YOU ARE NOW SET TO GO TAKE A LOOK SEE.............. :olddude:

Yeah, I was using the Pub MC Geo Report. So I followed your suggestion and tried Pub MC Geo Index. Entered 36 sections of the same TR into the MTR List for a single search. The search then was performed on just one section, not all 36.

Maybe the issue is that the gvt (that's us) has a tendency to spend our tax dollars to encourage a Windoze/Microsoft monopoly and would like to ignore (eliminate) other operating systems/browsers. Using Firefox on a Mac one must search individually, section by section, to get all sections reported.

GEO INDEX

Check the................Meridian Township Range *

NOT.....................Meridian Township Range Section *

Click PDF.....Will print out all 36 sections

Sounds like you checked.....Meridian Township Range Section *..... entered 36

And, it printed section 36 only, as directed.

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, I originally went to Meridian Township Range Section and entered the coords for each MTRS. Going to Meridian Township Range made the difference. Much more efficient than what I was doing. Again, I thank you.