Nugget Shooter Forums

Meteorites???

chuck,tx2

My first encounter with space rocks, was at Gold Basin, from this fellow that was camped down the road from us & affiliated with some collage that I don't remember.Camping out in the desert taught me to know every thing that was going on around us. (nosy)

He was not hunting with a detector & it made me wonder what he was doing.

He was siting on his tailgate when I walked up & he didn't see me till I was near, he tried to cover up 5 coffee cans full of rocks with an old shirt. He was to late the cat was out of the bag. Don't you tell, yea right. I told my buddy, he told his buddy, And the race was on. All those dam hot rocks were possible space rocks, some of the guys really made some good $$ at $7.00 a gram, but I had just came off of a good patch & was flush $$ and didn't sell mine till later, $1.00 gram, Win some ,loose some

I TOO, Will something Find, And glory in the Finding

Gold Basin is my backyard, On a good day 8-10 hours of searching with a metal detector, I would be lucky to have a few meteorites.

Gold Basin is my backyard, On a good day 8-10 hours of searching with a metal detector, I would be lucky to have a few meteorites.

Darn, 8 or 10 hr, I was an old man when I started chasing after the yellow,4 or 5 hr, was my limit.

Do you know a fellow that lives at Mead view by the name Bob Carver? We had some good times, Great Guy.