Nugget Shooter Forums

New Wickenburg Meteorite Today

Yo All...Hunting a small gully for gold today, I found another whole Wickenburg meteorite... Small, only 20.9 grams but in great condition...Found it in a gully, but it looks like the others I found on the hillsides and ridges...I'm getting a definite feel for the direction of the strewnfield and I have to say it's not indicating towards where the supposed two original old (1930-1940) finds were supposed to have been made, by a longshot ... It's exactly like the others, with good olivine and small nickel/iron chondrules...Here's some pix on the next post...For some reason it won't let me combine photos with this post...Cheers, Unc

post-9-125686816307_thumb.jpg

post-9-125686823528_thumb.jpg

post-9-125686828232_thumb.jpg

post-9-125686872673_thumb.jpg

Hi Ron,

Congrats on your newest W-Burg find. That means a fairly steady distribution for a surprising distance. It's a decent sized strewnfield. That stone is weathered but, definately an individual. Kinda oriented too. I'd love to see the other side of it. Nice score Ron!

Ben

Aloha Ron,

Nice find, especially in that kind of area. Looks like rough going for anyone!jaw-dropping[1].gif BUT, it only means that you have really earned this one for sure.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi