Nugget Shooter Forums

How about a hunt in Memory of Jim Smaller aka Paleface

How about a get together hunt the 1st or 2nd weekend of December at Franconia in Memory of Jim Smaller aka Paleface. Jim was a big,friendly, informative, very likable guy who touched many lives in the meteorite field. Always willing to share what ever information he had on or off the field.

What say you!!

Allen in MT

I'll stay in contact with this post allen and see what materializes. I can make it.

I believe I am going to Gold Basin this fri-sat-sun if plans dont change and I will be walking an area Jim guided me thru in the past, I can remember the first meteorite I brought to him to have a look at and confirm for me it was like finding that first piece of gold :whoope:

Aloha,

Count me in! I will call in sick for this one just because we really need to honor Jim (paleface) and show him how much we will miss his presence.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

This is one outing I will do my best to make. Jim almost took me bythe hand and pointed to an area and told me "hunt there, you will find a meteorite" well I did as told and I found my first Franconia.....

I will watch and see when the date is set.

Given, over the years, a few prominant members of this forum, have passed away.

And, that it is inevitable, that we will all pass over, when our individual time comes.

I'm thinking, it might be a good thing to establish a stand alone fixed "BOOT HILL" thread.

That way, news, notice & a record of who has gone can be maintained, rather than lost over time in other seperate threads.

I like you idea. The people that have passed have touched the lives of so many on this forum. Lets not let their teachings get lost. Lets save them for the people that have not had the honor to meet or talk to them on this forum. If this idea is at all a fisable we should try it.

Given, over the years, a few prominant members of this forum, have passed away.

And, that it is inevitable, that we will all pass over, when our individual time comes.

I'm thinking, it might be a good thing to establish a stand alone fixed "BOOT HILL" thread.

That way, news, notice & a record of who has gone can be maintained, rather than lost over time in other seperate threads.

Let me know when. I would love to join the Tribute to Paleface Hunt 2009. I hope that we can make this a yearly event. Jim and I never met in person but we did share ideas and stories on this forum. I will miss him and his advice.

Allen.I think this is a great idea.

harryMaybe all of us can put together a book of memeories as a tribute to Jim [Paleface ] Smaller for what he has done for all of us.

Allen.I think this is a great idea.

harryMaybe all of us can put together a book of memeories as a tribute to Jim [Paleface ] Smaller for what he has done for all of us.

Hi all,

I am working on a tribute page for Jim (and other Greats)but I need to know when Jim passed. I knew he was ill but thought he was doing better. He posted a comment to my thread on Oct 8th, saying "Do not sell yourself short on patience with newcomers, you have instructed quite a few with great success. What you are doing with your video's, tributes and posts are just a continuation of the teaching that you may not think you are doing." Just like Jim to encourage and teach till the end!

I'm working on this today so if someone would PM me or call to give me the specifics I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Hi all,

I am working on a tribute page for Jim (and other Greats)but I need to know when Jim passed. I knew he was ill but thought he was doing better. He posted a comment to my thread on Oct 8th, saying "Do not sell yourself short on patience with newcomers, you have instructed quite a few with great success. What you are doing with your video's, tributes and posts are just a continuation of the teaching that you may not think you are doing." Just like Jim to encourage and teach till the end!

I'm working on this today so if someone would PM me or call to give me the specifics I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim passed away the evening of Oct. 25th Sunday from what I've been told

Allen

Hi all,

I was surprised to learn that our good friend, teacher, and meteorite hunter Jim Smaller -A.K.A. Paleface - passed away on Oct 25th 2009. For those of you that didn’t know Jim or never had the opportunity to learn from or hunt with Jim you missed out. Jim was never egotistical, self serving, or an attention seeker. Instead he was a patient, kind and generous man that would go out of his way to help or instruct. Jim knew more about metal detecting than anyone else I know and his may meteorite finds proved it.

I just added Jim to my tribute page along with Jim Kriegh.

http://www.mr-meteorite.net/tributepage.htm