Nugget Shooter Forums
mumbo24

paleface gone

I just got word that paleface has passed this sunday. I can`t say for sure but the kingman club treasure told a friend of mine that he passed sunday will try to get more information. sad sad sad day. mumbo24 catch you later.

I just got word that paleface has passed this sunday. I can`t say for sure but the kingman club treasure told a friend of mine that he passed sunday will try to get more information. sad sad sad day. mumbo24 catch you later.

is paleface old JIM?

It is a very sad day.He was one of those very special people who will be dearly missed,

Rest in peace my friend,

Hello Everyone

Yes it is true, Jim Smaller or Paleface as

he is known on the forums passed away Sunday

night. Jim's wife and daughter will post a

thread later.

Right now that is all I can say,because its

hard to type through the tears.

Greg

Jim was one of a kind! He will be truely missed. My heart goes out to his family. It would sure be nice if some one would go out and find a nice hard rock pocket in Jim's memory this season.

Bunk

Jim will be surely missed by many and by me too. I met him at one of the outings and he spurred my interest in meteorites, helped me with Gold Basin and Franconia and gave me great insight on these mysterious rocks from space. His depth of knowledge on meteorites, gold and geology, and general prospecting could fill volumes and volumes of a library. I am saddened by his loss and extend my condolences to his wife and family.

Jim wherever you may be, may your pan be filled with glitter and your poke always filled. Rest in peace my friend. Jason

May our brother rest in peace. Jim will be missed by many of us. He truly was one of a kind person and meant a lot to me personally because he was so much like my father. Travel on brother

Bob

Sad day for all of us here.

Men of Jim's caliber cannot be replaced.

Old prospectors spirits never die, they have just gone prospecting in a better place.

Know this, every time you see a shooting star.

It may well be Jim, sending us a quick signal, he is on a good patch, and just found a nice nugget.

I wish his wife & family well....

It is a sad day to lose one of our own and especially such a great person. The good is no more pain. Our prayers go out to his family. Jerry

Wow , that is terrible news. My thoughts go out to Jim`s family & friends

It is so sad to hear of Jim's passing...It was such a short time ago that he revealed any problems...I didn't know Jim other than online, but his contributions to so many were so profound..Thank you, Jim...You have many hearts you have touched...Cheers to Jim's spirit...Unc

So Sad and so quick. My condolences to everyone who knew him. I only met Jim once briefly at Gold Basin. He was one of those guys, you knew right off the bat, you could trust. No agenda at all, just have a good time and help someone if you can. One less good guy in the world.

Jim P.

I'm stunned!! I've been a member of this forum for about 5 five years and even though I never met him- I considered him to be a good friend and mentor. Jim will be sorely missed...My condolences to his family.

Steve

We are greatly diminished by the loss of any miner nowadayz as we're definately a dying breed--respectfully-John Oates

To those who knew him and those that just read his posts , He will be missed.

He was a great help and a store house of info that he gave freely.

It took me a little bit before I could post, Hard to type through tears.

He was my mentor in a lot of ways and I will miss him.

Rest in peace Jim............

Sad Sad News, I only met him one time but devoured his posts and posts about him, Condolences to all his family and friends.

JIM, Take Care good Buddy,I'm not through talking to you yet so i'll catch up with you later. Keep those rocks in space headed our way. darn THOSE SALTY OLE TEARS AEE DRIPPING IN MY COFFEE.

HARRY AND MAUREEN

Yes very very sad news for me. I had spent time with Jim the past few months on various occasions, he had confided in me about his condition one day while visiting me we drank a pot of coffee and talked for hours about meteorites and drywashing, he was so excited about the job I had done replicating and motorizing the ol yeller hand crank drywasher he had owned for so many years, and I was devastated when I received a call yesterday telling me he had passed. I lived believing he would make a comeback from it. I truly did believe that.

Jim absolutely was one of the RARE BREED he not only understood prospecting, meteorites and most related aspects of the subjects HE knew them from the inside out.

There was not one question I posed to him in the short few years I knew him that went unanswered.

I was like Sawmill yesterday when I recieved the news and had tears in my eyes.

He will live on in my mind as long as I survive on this earth.

Certainly a big loss to all of us, but I'm sure a bigger loss to his family. Never got the chance to meet Jim in person, but considered him to be a great forum friend...You will be missed by many RIP

Paleface Jim was a person who represented the best in all of us.

People like him do not pass this way very often.

God Bless you Jim.

Flak