Nugget Shooter Forums

Things I wish I had done different .

chuck,tx2

I wish I could have read minds a little better before telling a few folks where to dig. They didn't even leave any bushes standing. Most folks, though, have not abused the information. Sharing with those special few is a great pleasure. Not sharing with the known hi-graders is axiomatic. But neither Keene nor anyone else will ever come out with a reliable enough crystal ball. When in doubt, just resist the temptation.

When I was chasing that golden rainbow There are things I wished I had done different. #1, Is,I had kept my big mouth shut, & not tolled people that I met in the gold fields that I called friends, Hey Buddy see that little wash, I found a nice little patch there & 3 nice nuggets over by that big rock. The people you meet hunting gold are not your friends, they are COMPETITION, I have a bad habit of finding a patch & get side tracked & wonder off, thinking I will come back later. dumb dumb

#2 Is I wish I had bought a place in Meadevuew,AZ. Where I would be near the gold & when I got old & felt like it, I wouldn't have so darn far to travel. I live 1300 hundred miles from Qsite & when you are approaching that proverbial, Over The Hill, it is a fare peace.

Well The Boss Lady wonts me to play Skip O, So will put an end to this dribble. Take Care.

I hear about douchbags in nugget hunting. I cant believe people are so greedy. Most people dont think they are going to make money off this. People do it hoping to have fun. You have the most fun with others. Then when you try to help someone out they totally "F" you over. People make me sick. Anyways lucky for me ill learn off your mistakes. I wish i would have went riight to a PI unit and not spent money on a VFL.

O yea which wash did you find that gold?? lol

I told a so called friend about an area that I wanted to check out and said he could come along when I got ready to go. One thing led to another and time went by and when I finally asked hime to come along he said that he got another guy to go with him and they went and checked it out, didn't find anything but left alot of holes. Guess I won't be mentioning any sites to him again or taking him with me.

e&hagd

Allen in MT

Benz, My first gold detector was an old White GM, It was really noisy, but we got along just fine talking back & forth, together we had a great time, and I never got lonesome.

mine was a GMT. I loved it. But i bought it brand new. I just wish i would have bought a used gp3000 or a new SD2200.

I told a so called friend about an area that I wanted to check out and said he could come along when I got ready to go. One thing led to another and time went by and when I finally asked hime to come along he said that he got another guy to go with him and they went and checked it out, didn't find anything but left alot of holes. Guess I won't be mentioning any sites to him again or taking him with me.

e&hagd

Allen in MT

ALLEN, Your post brought back a smellier working over that I receive from this guy & his wife. I don't know how I could be so dam stupid to not realize that they were giving me the royal treatment,not just once but over & over. They were best Friends & best Friends always watch your back & give you a fair shake.Yea Right.

The incident that woke me up was we discovered a great old park that never been hunted before in the rough & I repeat rough part of Dallas. We only worked it a short time & it started to rain, We agreed to meat at this old school the next week end & then return to this old park & give it a go. Allen You are way ahead of me & dint need to read any further to know what happened. I waited at that darn school till noon & no Good Friends appeared. To scratch this Itch that I developed I drove by this park, YES,, there was my best fiends & there best Friend giving our park a good thrashing. I hunted there long enough to make sure that they seen me & left.I think if I had been 6ft-6 like Denny There would be a different ending to this story But I am 5ft-5 & never won a fight but one that i cant for the life of me remember, & beleve me I tried, Johnny Walker & me were good Friends at the time. It mite be hard for the guys that still have tracks to follow, But for me looking back on the tracks that I have followed

Be Your Own Best Friend. chuck

The best prople I've met in my life were miners/or knew lot's about mining.Willing to share there know how..tell you old stories etc.These weren't electronic beeper fellows,but hands on old timers..no bull....know it alls.Some of the worst are unfortunately metal detectorists who would push their grandma out of the way for a dwt nugget,square nail or beat up old coin..steal your tools and work an obviously occupied area.The forums are great for sharing info with savy fellows helping all..but many lurk and scan the forums for leads on other men's diggings..you know who you are!