Nugget Shooter Forums

ML FT 16000

bado1

Hi All,

I found and purchased (for $20.00!) a Minelab FT16000 over the weekend at a garage sale. It is in excellent condition. It is an older VLF

but I figured what the hell for $20.00 a guy can't go wrong. I see that coils for this older model are few and far between. It came with the original 8" round.

So, anyway, to get to the point here, does anyone have any coils for this machine(perhaps collecting dust in your closet)?

Please send me a PM if you are willing to sell it (them). Many thanks!

Dean

P.S. Also, any advise or personal experience with coil type and size on this machine would be appreciated!

Hey Dean,

Nice score on the FT 16000, the 8" coil is a good size to use in the majority of areas. I do have a few coils that will work listed on my website.

Where that detector (over other VLF's) will shine is hot, variable ground. It has a good discrimination and a operation frequency of 7.852 kHz.

A strategy that this unit's strengths can be exploited is virgin patch hunting, using the 11'' coil you can cover allot of ground quickly using a brisk sweep speed.

Dean what a bargain you landed in buying that FT16000...before the introduction of the

XT17000 and the SD2000 by me in Brazil the FT16000 found many LBS of gold here...listen

to nvchris and he will set you up for some great detecting...

Thanks for the responses you guys! I really appreciate it.

Chris, I will check out your web site and be in touch. Hope all's well with you and Wilma.

BTW, I've played with the 16000 at a park near my house for a couple of hours. Being a prospector, I'm not too familiar on how to use the discrimination properly. I use a GB2 and dig everything out in the desert.

I would be greatful for any tips.

Thanks again.

Dean

The disc is helpful around old timer scrap iron and tins, that is if it's near the surface, an iron id of sorts. Hey congrats you got a steal on that FT. That's the model just prior to the XT 17000. With the right coil in mild ground it is deep. Some Relic hunter use them too. enjoy.

The disc is helpful around old timer scrap iron and tins, that is if it's near the surface, an iron id of sorts. Hey congrats you got a steal on that FT. That's the model just prior to the XT 17000. With the right coil in mild ground it is deep. Some Relic hunter use them too. enjoy.

Thanks, 7oz.

I downloaded the users manual from ML and familarized myself with the disc feature last night. Now I just need to find some play time :thumbsupanim