Nugget Shooter Forums

New Member !

Bumpstick

Welcome aboard the Nuggetshooter forum. We are a lively bunch who are more than willing to help and share our knowledge.

OL'29er :olddude:

Welcome to the Forum! Have you ever found any gold in WI?

Yes I do find gold in Wisconsin.

There is some silver and Diamonds. Here is a link to some documentation.

Kimberlites

There is some interesting geological features buried under all the glacial till.

Wisconsin is a rock hounds paradise. I stop and pick up samples every where I go.

Thanks for the very informative summary of diamonds found in Wisconsin. My boyhood and early teenage years were well spent in that state and in Northern Illinois. Arrowheads, a great assortment of semi-precious gemstones, fish and so forth...but never any gold. I once found some evidence of the latter in Ontario north of Red Lake. Welcome to this forum where there is rarely a day gone by without some new insight or twist to this shared passion of ours.

Thanks for the very informative summary of diamonds found in Wisconsin. My boyhood and early teenage years were well spent in that state and in Northern Illinois. Arrowheads, a great assortment of semi-precious gemstones, fish and so forth...but never any gold. I once found some evidence of the latter in Ontario north of Red Lake. Welcome to this forum where there is rarely a day gone by without some new insight or twist to this shared passion of ours.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have been rock hounding my whole life and my boy hood home and moms place is a rock and gem garden.

When family and friends visit her they say it looks like a museum with specimens every where.

Every time I come to visit I bring more choice pieces to here. Some I load up with a lift truck.

It is a passion for sure! and the fever in the hunt is what drives us.

I have made some mods to my sluice box this year trying to catch more fines. That's about all the gold I find here.

They do not allow any dredges for the recreational prospector and limits on mineral collecting.

Pretty strict on digging up anything. I can't figure what there problem is; as long as you leave it like you found it.

Bureaucrats don't want any one to enjoy them selves any more. I wash some rocks in the stream and take the heavy metals home.

PS! I help keep America clean and take the lead buck shot home so the duckies don't injest it.

I used to find a lot of beer cans and bottles but now it is the Yuppie plastic water bottles I haul home.

• 3 months later...

Just checking in with every one. I am from Wisconsin so any one close give a shout out. I am on a couple of other forums that don't seam to go any where.

Just wondering if any one else hunts here in Wisconsin?

I picked up another detector last week end; It is a Gold Bug.

Any reviews on this machine?

It was on sale and thought I would add it to my tool box.

I have been going out solo and thought if I had enough machines to invite others out.

The grand kids had a blast at my brothers place when I brought out the 2 machines to play with.