Nugget Shooter Forums

meteoriteshunting

hi, guys i am new meteorites hunter and i hunt in africa sahara ,the last time i was there i was pointed by friends there ,they have heard a explosion after a light in very quiet and clear night ,we went there and we found dead tree like it was hit with electricle charge but there is no traces of burn at all,we opened the palm tree in two pieces and nothing was there ,if the explosion was high in sky by few kilometers as meteorite does usally when it explose how came we have dead palma tree and no signs of meteorites in the area , and any one please how far in diametre distance can it be if it's a meteorite treavel and his last impact, in orther way to ask ,where can we look from the tree as atarting point and from where the sound was heard it, please any one!!!!thanks.

post-22578-125551487029_thumb.jpg

How far is heaven? Seriously, your assumption is flawed...if you found a dead camel would you have cut it open to look for a meteorite??? If a meteorite had hit a tree there would have been visible evidence on the outside, the tree would be still be green (assuming it was alive when hit) and how do you pinpoint a location from only the sound?

If you can, get and read Rocks from Space and you will have a better understanding of strewn fields and locating meteorites...

Three expeditions...how exciting!

Fred

How far is heaven? Seriously, your assumption is flawed...if you found a dead camel would you have cut it open to look for a meteorite??? If a meteorite had hit a tree there would have been visible evidence on the outside, the tree would be still be green (assuming it was alive when hit) and how do you pinpoint a location from only the sound?

If you can, get and read Rocks from Space and you will have a better understanding of strewn fields and locating meteorites...

Fred

hi, thanks for your answer , the things with what i said we know exactley where the sound was heard but we serch that area and nothing found ,can meteorites explose well befor they heat the ground ,yes !i know this but where they can projet! . i did 3 expedition and the 4 one on this nouvember coming hopefuly it's so great to be in sahara piece of mind even if i dont found meteorites .

Fred

hi, thanks for your answer , the things with what i said we know exactley where the sound was heard but we serch that area and nothing found ,can meteorites explose well befor they heat the ground ,yes !i know this but where they can projet! . i did 3 expedition and the 4 one on this nouvember coming hopefuly it's so great to be in sahara piece of mind even if i dont found meteorites .

that's an excellent place to hunt! I'm not sure about the riddle. Is it possible the tree was dead from something else?

[Erik]

HI ERIK ,THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER AS YOU SAID POSSIBLE THE TREE WAS WELL DEAD BEFOR OR EVEN IN SAME TIME , I WILL KEEP SEACHING THE AREA MORE WILDLY NOW ,ANYWAY I HAVE MANY PLACES TO GO TO,NEXT MONTH I AM TRAVELLING TO SAHARA SEEKING MORE STONES ,I WILL LET YOU KNOW OF THE RESULT GOD WELLING.