Nugget Shooter Forums

need advise on headphones

old digger

I think I will be buying a LOBO ST , and also headphones(told I should use them) so my little S.S. check won't allow big$$ for the headphones.been looking at three brands on line(calrad 15-118) (eagle#1AA05)(depthmaster2)would any of these do a good job? or should I spend more to be happy? don't kick me to hard,just a pumped up newbe , can't wait to get going! THANKS ALL FOR the great stuff on this forum!!

I think I will be buying a LOBO ST , and also headphones(told I should use them) so my little S.S. check won't allow big$$ for the headphones.been looking at three brands on line(calrad 15-118) (eagle#1AA05)(depthmaster2)would any of these do a good job? or should I spend more to be happy? don't kick me to hard,just a pumped up newbe , can't wait to get going! THANKS ALL FOR the great stuff on this forum!!

Old Digger,

Asking which pair of headphones is best to use is like answering your wife when shes asks which pair of shoes look best on her :hahaha: :hahaha:

But I will try to help if I can. I'm not an expert on detecting, dry-washing is my thing but I have used the following headphones and have had very good luck with all three. I will list in order of preference.

1. Nugget busters $85-100

2. Gray ghost $85-120

3. Koss UR-30 $40-50

I believe the Koss ship with the Minelabs but not sure. All three headphones can be found here on Bill's forum on his store page.

OL'29er :olddude::olddude::miner:

I've used Calrad and Rystal units-sold by Tesoro-for over 28 years and have found NONE better--just more expensive-tons a au 2 u 2-John :thumbsupanim

THANKS John; great info! when I looked at the specs. for a lot of much more expensive brands, I found not much differances, thats the one reason I didn't want to spend more if the high $ models would not be a great deal better. ordered a set for under $30.00 that has higher ohm than big $$ ,plus all the other same features.have a friend with the high $ whites, so we can do a litle test, he is deaf in one ear and poor in the other , so if mine work for him, BINGO WE WIN!, HAPPY to have found this forum!!

If he is deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other he should try a set of Black Widows, I have a constant ringing in one and hard of hearing in the other and have tried most headphones and have found NONE better than the Black Widows for the hearing impaired.

And if you're NOT hearing impaired and try them you'll clearly hear the difference in all targets. :twocents: