Nugget Shooter Forums

Good Coil for rye patch.

Benz

Hey guys, can anyone help me in finding a good coil for the Rye patch. Ill be heading up there this winter and would like to get a good coil for my new gp3000. Theres not too much trash where im going and want to use a larger mono coil. I was thinking of the gold stalker 12x19 mono coil. I dont mind some extra noise. And does anyone know of a good place to but the coil from?

thanks guys.

thanks for all the info lucky. Im going with the bigger coil. My father in law and I are gonna sweep the ground with my gp3000. I am looking for anything small tiny large or huge i dont care. Im not in it for money im in it for FUN.

Question for you. I was testing the gp3000 with a 12inch mono coil. I had a .22 bullet lead. In air i was picking it up at 5-6 inches. so i went to a park and found some clean sand. In the sand i was picking the lead up at over a foot!! and it was screaming at me. It this how it should work? Someone school me.

Don't get too carried away with a "larger is better" mentality out there. The bigger it is, especially if it's eliptical, is you will not be able to swing it far without lifting it every second or two to get around the sagebrush. Since the fires of '99, most of the brush has grown back to a point where you have to scoot the loop under and around them to stay close to the ground. And keeping the loop on the ground at all times is the most important thing to ensure success. I wouldn't go any bigger than the Coiltek 19" eliptical. Even with that, you are going to be doing a lot of back and forth rather than side to side swinging.

Digger Bob

Don't get too carried away with a "larger is better" mentality out there. The bigger it is, especially if it's eliptical, is you will not be able to swing it far without lifting it every second or two to get around the sagebrush. Since the fires of '99, most of the brush has grown back to a point where you have to scoot the loop under and around them to stay close to the ground. And keeping the loop on the ground at all times is the most important thing to ensure success. I wouldn't go any bigger than the Coiltek 19" eliptical. Even with that, you are going to be doing a lot of back and forth rather than side to side swinging.

Digger Bob

darn it i got a 24 ich elip already lol. well ill have to make it work lol darn it thanks for the good advice.

Digger Bob

Yeah, 17" elliptical is one of the best all around coils for out there in my opinion. Pretty good depth and sensitivity, but with a 24" if there are any big, very deep ones out there that you get over, you have the right tool to find them.

i am shooting for small ones just wonted lots of coverage. Where im going the brush is minimum. And i have a 12 inch mono. So if things get crazy ill switch over. I was planning on having 3 coils 12 18 and 24 i might pick up a tiny 6 inch one. just depends. I got enuff right now. I need to find gold and pay for this hobby lol