Nugget Shooter Forums

Sluice with uneven bottom

iduhfs

:*&$*(: Man i've been trying for over 20 minutes with many MANY tries??? old dog gotta learn some new tricks with new forum?? Anyhow--to be absolutely straight up--108 degree temp for 32 weeks from hep c treatments laid waste to some of my memory exactness-but over 2 1/2--3 1/4 lb I think?? :olddude::arrowheadsmiley: sex kills when it comes to hep c 2b--thanx Steve--just a month to go till the meetings--see ya there??John :twocents:

Just got my hands on what must be an older le trap its black in color, havent had a chance to put it to use yet but I'm looking foward to it. From the studying I've done it should be just great for what I intend to use it for running my cons from the drywasher thru after I've built up enough of them to run.

Works good on flour gold due to negative pressure riffle system--but the answer to ALL flour gold recovery(no matter what piece of equipment you use) is classification everytime-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :thumbsupanim

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I was looking at Hoser's post with all the gold, and thought I recalled seeing a product recently, that was similar to Hosers,

but with kind a pinch spot that would slow the incoming water a little, in order for the heavy gold to fall out, then passing the pinch spot, the water would accelerate again. At least i think that is the idea. I think that is what happens in rivers and creeks with deep pinch spots, the gold drops out, and that is why some dredgers have done so well in such spots... I would be this is where the designer got his idea.

It is Number 9 in the sluice selection: http://www.angusmackirk.com/product_pages/sluices.html

These sluices have an odd kind of a double riffle in one design. I haven't taken time to look at everything, but it did look interesting.

Gary